Home

Let's start with the basics.....transition.

This is a discussion on Let's start with the basics.....transition. within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-30-2016, 03:40 PM   #1
Banned

OVR: 0
Let's start with the basics.....transition.

On 2k16(and i dont know if anybody posted about this or not but i've never seen it mentioned), why in the hell do all players sprint to the rim on transition. if i have the ball on a fastbreak, running, nobody fills in their lanes. SF and SG to the wings. C and PF to opposite sides of each other on some high-low action. EVERYBODY just runs under the rim and creates a massive clutter of nonsense. it happens all game, every game. I play myteam, so it happens in gauntlet too. It doesnt matter who it is either. I could push the ball with Bron, my PG(no matter who) will sprint under the rim.

I then have to wait for this numbskull behavior to self-correct and then get into a play. 2K sort yourselves out man this is just awful.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-30-2016, 04:09 PM   #2
MVP

Hustle Westbrook's Arena

Re: Let's start with the basics.....transition.

You have to manually lead pass your player to the wings on fastbreaks.
Old 07-30-2016, 07:35 PM   #3
MVP

stillfeelme's Arena

OVR: 10

I have to agree the transition is not right. I was going to put this in the other thread but they need to see if they can get actual sportsvu data from the NBA that monitors how players are running up the court that will be the best. They need to use this as a baseline to get the lanes right, probably need some new tech in this area because it is kind of hard coded to be the same for the most part.

The only way I can see it being right is to get better tendencies that reflect how players move on the court.
Old 07-31-2016, 09:46 PM   #4
MVP

TUSS11's Arena

OVR: 12

OMG Yes!!!

Old 07-31-2016, 10:43 PM   #5
MVP

stillfeelme's Arena

I guess you can easily spot the problem now. The players are setup to get into their set fast more times than not so that they don't waste shot clock time. They were getting into their default set which caused them to run the lanes to get into position to start the set.

There is no easy way around this some people are going to be mad one way or another. The game was not smart enough right there to go into fast break mode. They actually had numbers and still went to their set default set
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-01-2016, 12:33 PM   #6
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by stillfeelme
I guess you can easily spot the problem now. The players are setup to get into their set fast more times than not so that they don't waste shot clock time. They were getting into their default set which caused them to run the lanes to get into position to start the set.

There is no easy way around this some people are going to be mad one way or another. The game was not smart enough right there to go into fast break mode. They actually had numbers and still went to their set default set

bro. this happens in gauntlet with no sets. this is not default anything. this is horrible development by 2K. and its absolutely infuriating.
Old 08-01-2016, 01:00 PM   #7
MVP

stillfeelme's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by phriscaul
bro. this happens in gauntlet with no sets. this is not default anything. this is horrible development by 2K. and its absolutely infuriating.
I agree it is wrong which could effect everywhere but there is a default set coded somehow to decide what to do on offense. This example they clearly were trying to get in their default set. Bosh was trying to set the screen despite having numbers and despite being wide open. It is all the way wrong the lane filling is wrong.
Old 08-01-2016, 01:51 PM   #8
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by TUSS11
OMG Yes!!!

i mean....its like the worst. Surely 2K has played their own game at some point this year and have seen this.

what pisses me off is, sometimes, they will literally just stand there for a couple of seconds and not move. like im baffled at how anybody can call this game "sim."

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »