Home

Every wing player in the Nba does not sprint up the floor every play

This is a discussion on Every wing player in the Nba does not sprint up the floor every play within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-31-2016, 12:08 AM   #9
MVP

stillfeelme's Arena

OVR: 10
Re: Every wing player in the Nba does not sprint up the floor every play

Quote:
Originally Posted by alabamarob
Whatabout guys like Joe Johnson? He could play heavy minutes, but rarely sprinted? Should he be given low or high stamina? I am against tying sprinting on breaks to stamina, but agree with it as a rating. The game penalizes guys who shoot to many contact shots without the proper badges, they could do the same thing with sprinting up the court. There are some guys in great shape who wont run the floor so it cant only be tied to stamina..
Maybe the stamina is ok but the speed and tendency are wrong. You are right there are guys that are in great shape who don't run that often.

I think there maybe more parts of the issue.

1. The CPU is most likely moving the players faster than their true speed.

2. They need player tendency tied to how players run after baskets made. So at least it will be somewhat realistic as far as pace.

3. I think there could be a partial coding issue where the CPU already knows the outcome of the rebound and is leaking out to get the break started.

4. Passing overall is probably too easy in transition especially in the paint. If you look at actual stats there is a probably about a 13% chance of committing a turnover in transition.

They have to make sure 1 and 2 are about as accurate as can be but I think the tendencies have to be realistic before anything or it all falls apart
Old 07-31-2016, 03:04 AM   #10
MVP

OVR: 9

I think it's due to the defensive flaws!

The game allows the CPU to get back for most of the plays, there are issues when the player is taking the ball out when they will be out of bounds throw the ball in then another player will take it out.
No in and out violation called!

Most of the time I try to speed up my offense but the button doesn't respond and take all day to take the ball out. This gives the CPU time to set up their defense.

Not only do most of the wing players sprint back the actual speed rating isn't followed; slower players run much faster just to get back on defense.
Old 07-31-2016, 05:14 AM   #11
Banned

OVR: 0

Spoiler

Also, how would this work for 5v5 multiplayer modes where every player is controlled.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-31-2016, 09:51 AM   #12
MVP

stillfeelme's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by keshunleon
I think it's due to the defensive flaws!

The game allows the CPU to get back for most of the plays, there are issues when the player is taking the ball out when they will be out of bounds throw the ball in then another player will take it out.
No in and out violation called!

Most of the time I try to speed up my offense but the button doesn't respond and take all day to take the ball out. This gives the CPU time to set up their defense.

Not only do most of the wing players sprint back the actual speed rating isn't followed; slower players run much faster just to get back on defense.
What you are describing of the wing players sprinting back on defense was created because of users cheesing fast breaks back probably back in 2K10 I think. It is unrealistic that you can't get the ball out fast. There are small little gameplay tweaks that they implement strictly so that it is harder for a cheeser to cheese but it ends up making the game unrealistic for a non-cheeser.

I still think to fix the issue alabamarob is talking about they have to fix the speed of the players running back on offense it is too fast not their true speed. They need tendencies that sort of layout what players are just jogging, how they typically fill lanes which players like to just spot up in transition etc. They have to fix the tendency, speed, lanes all of it.
Old 07-31-2016, 11:49 AM   #13
MVP

alabamarob's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by stillfeelme
What you are describing of the wing players sprinting back on defense was created because of users cheesing fast breaks back probably back in 2K10 I think. It is unrealistic that you can't get the ball out fast. There are small little gameplay tweaks that they implement strictly so that it is harder for a cheeser to cheese but it ends up making the game unrealistic for a non-cheeser.

I still think to fix the issue alabamarob is talking about they have to fix the speed of the players running back on offense it is too fast not their true speed. They need tendencies that sort of layout what players are just jogging, how they typically fill lanes which players like to just spot up in transition etc. They have to fix the tendency, speed, lanes all of it.
Dont trust tendencies on 2k. Ratings and badges seem to be more reliable.

Youtube: 2k Hawks

Settings I play on.
Minutes: 12
Difficulty: HOF
Online or Offline player: Both
In a MLO: Yes
Old 07-31-2016, 01:19 PM   #14
MVP

stillfeelme's Arena

Quote:
Dont trust tendencies on 2k. Ratings and badges seem to be more reliable.
Yeah that is what I mean they either have to have specific tendencies for transition for each player that work or code/fastbreak tech that allows players to read the situation of a break. I don't think a rating or badge will fix most of which is wrong
Old 07-31-2016, 03:10 PM   #15
Pro

OVR: 2

Quote:
Transition defense can be suspect in 2k16. One thing that contributes to this is that every 2 and 3 man on this game fly up the court on missed shots. Players like Melo and Joe Johnson almost never run the floor hard on missed shots irl, but on 2k Melo is transition nightmare.

Since tendencies dont work, should there be a get out in transition/run the floor hard badge or rating to seperate the floor runners from non floor runners?

Corey Brewer is not an elite nba athlete, but he is an example of a guy who runs the floor hard consistently . If Melo ran the floor like bewer he would avg 30 a gm. The transition finisher badge doesnt address the diff between a guy who runs the floor hard and one who doesn't.

There needs to be a way to seperate fb teams and players from non fb teams and players. What we have now is every 2 and 3 man flying up the court every play and that isnt realistic and it negatively effects the gameplay.

Great thread. I agree. Couldn't of said it better myself.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-31-2016, 06:31 PM   #16
MVP

alabamarob's Arena

OVR: 5

If you can throw outlet passes why guys fly up the court after every single miss it takes real bball strategy out of the game. That is my main issue with it.

Youtube: 2k Hawks

Settings I play on.
Minutes: 12
Difficulty: HOF
Online or Offline player: Both
In a MLO: Yes

Last edited by alabamarob; 07-31-2016 at 07:33 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »