Home

More control over defenders.

This is a discussion on More control over defenders. within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-05-2016, 02:54 AM   #25
MVP

Black Bruce Wayne's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: More control over defenders.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nova91
Pretty much this.

I'd like a "hit stick" or something to be available so I can control if I want to give a flagrant foul to someone or not. As it stands now you man will randomly commit a flagrant foul and that shouldn't happen.

Even then there are animations that should result in a flagrant foul 95% of the time that get called common fouls or worse they don't get called at all and there are animations that should be a common foul that get called as flagrants.

I can't count how many times I've driven the lane in MC only to get wrapped around the neck and thrown to the ground or the elbow/forearm straight to the chest and only get a common foul or a no call. I also can't count how many times I've use the hands up contest in the post only to watch my guy give a forearm to the chest and pick up a flagrant.
This is why I want more physicality in the paint
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-05-2016, 03:40 AM   #26
Rookie

Post defense is horrible in this game. It punish you by either make you player do a stupid bailout or flagrant foul. And sometimes myplayer would just foul without me pressing the button. I would just move him to get into position but then all of sudden he just throw elbows into dude chest getting a flagrant foul. Your like I didn't press the block or the intense D or the charge. What the hell just happened.

And seriously what the hell is up with your player trying to take a charge when you don't even press the button to initiate it. Your playing perfect lock down defense, then all of sudden it goes into a animation of your player trying to take a charge which 100% of the time equals a blocking foul.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk
Old 08-05-2016, 06:13 AM   #27
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by The 24th Letter
I turn off all defensive assistance and set contest to manual. This stop all 'auto' animatons at the rim for me.... I contest with a neutral Y jump or RS straight up.

Wish it did the same for my A.I teamates. Conservative POE helps but its not 100%. They are the ones bailing guus out the majority of the time....they come flying in for no apparant reason.

I just found out you can put defensive assist strength on negative 5. I haven't seen any bs fouls after doing this.
Old 08-05-2016, 08:05 AM   #28
MVP

Jrocc23's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Khaos_Kiwi
It's gotten so bad with post defence that I can almost predict when a foul is going to be called.

If you try and give a bit space to your man off-ball, then close out smartly upon the catch, even with just putting your hands up it's likely to suck you in to some BS contact/foul animation when the shot goes up.

Half the time defending in the post seems to be spent fighting against the clunky and unresponsive movements of my player more than actually defending the opposition.

Agreed 100%. Something has to be done this year w/ these fouls in the paint that's just very unnecessary. It's been this way for a few years if I remember correctly definitely in 2K15 as well. It's worse when it's CPU vs CPU. Especially in MyCareer.

It's so bad that when my cpu is getting posted up or they are defending someone close to the paint, I try to double just to hurry and steal the ball because 8/10 it'll be a stupid animation that leads to a foul. And like you said, you can pretty much tell when it's going to happen. If they are going to stay in the game at least lower the frequency by a lot so you can actually defend in the paint as a CPU.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

NBA 2K11
XtremeXplicit Crew
Ranked

Check us out: http://www.youtube.com/jroccdagameboy
Old 08-05-2016, 01:51 PM   #29
Rookie

DJQuick700's Arena

2k had to fix this
Old 08-05-2016, 02:31 PM   #30
Banned

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkWilliam
I can take one hand, grab my coffee, drink it
Honestly, that's how I feel about a lot of these modern sports games once the animations start playing out.

I know their top priority is making it look like the real thing....too bad at this point it doesn't translate into fun gameplay yet.

Maybe in another decade or so ?
Old 08-05-2016, 03:00 PM   #31
Vni
Hall Of Fame

Vni's Arena

OVR: 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by bakan723
Honestly, that's how I feel about a lot of these modern sports games once the animations start playing out.

I know their top priority is making it look like the real thing....too bad at this point it doesn't translate into fun gameplay yet.

Maybe in another decade or so ?
It's unfortunate games aren't judged based on responsiveness enough. The first thing a game should be is responsive. Play a game like dark soul 3, you can walk on a one foot wide ledge while moving the camera without falling because the game is ultra responsive. There is very little to no input lag. When you switch to 2K it's a different story. Responsiveness should be at the top of the list when judging a video game.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-05-2016, 03:24 PM   #32
Pro

TheDuggler's Arena

An idea I had a while ago would be to allow us to switch from using the right stick to adjust the stance of our selected defender and allow us to move two defenders at the same time. This would be really risky because youre trying to control two people at the same time, but if a player keeps doing a drive and kick I can punish them for it without having to surrender one of my players to the almost RNG cpu defense.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »