Home

Ever play Team Up from player lock camera?

This is a discussion on Ever play Team Up from player lock camera? within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-03-2016, 05:51 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
Ever play Team Up from player lock camera?

when all 10 players play from player lock the game is HEAVEN!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-03-2016, 10:05 PM   #2
Banned

OVR: 0
Re: Ever play Team Up from player lock camera?

I wish 2k would make a Turbo and Player Lock camera and MAKE people play from it. Somewhat restricted field of view makes no look passes, no look passes. Would make people take care of ball and pass more I think aswell.

Oh, yea, I play with it.
Old 08-03-2016, 11:01 PM   #3
Lockdown Defender

Rockie_Fresh88's Arena

OVR: 17

I play Teamup from the 2k camera . Haven't tried player lock. Wouldn't it be hard to see your teammates ?
#1 Laker fan
First Team Defense !!!
Old 08-04-2016, 11:38 AM   #4
MVP

Pokes404's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by iam31yearsold
I wish 2k would make a Turbo and Player Lock camera and MAKE people play from it. Somewhat restricted field of view makes no look passes, no look passes. Would make people take care of ball and pass more I think aswell.

Oh, yea, I play with it.
I don't really agree with that line of thinking. If people don't pass when they have a wide field of view and can see their teammates, I don't see how they're going to be more likely to pass when they can't see their teammates. I've played with enough people who suffer from a severe case of tunnel-vision that I don't want their field of view limited any more than it already is.

I enjoy playing with the broadcast camera because it gives me the best spacial awareness in the half court. In real life, I can turn my head at any moment to see any part of the court I want. I can also use audio clues from my teammates to create better spacial awareness. If a big man is trailing me on the break, when he calls out "Trailer! Trailer!" I don't just know that someone is running behind me, but audio clues will tell me roughly how close/far away he is from me. These are things that don't translate in a video game.

So, even though the Player Lock and 2K camera are much closer to a real life angle, I find them too limiting from a spacial awareness perspective to replicate the way I play ball in real life. The only drawback to the broadcast camera is when people are too far up the court and are off screen. Every camera has its drawbacks, but since I don't throw many long passes up the court, its a drawback I'm willing to live with in order to have better court awareness in the half court.

Anyways, that's my perspective. I definitely agree though that playing Team Up with 9 other good players, with whatever camera they choose to use, is the best way to play this game.

*Edit* Now, with the advancements occurring with VR, perhaps someday we'll have the ability to have a camera close to the floor without sacrificing the ability to look around and maintain court awareness. I'm not exactly eager to get into the VR game, but that could actually be a pretty cool use of it.

Last edited by Pokes404; 08-04-2016 at 11:43 AM.
Old 08-04-2016, 12:21 PM   #5
Lockdown Defender

Rockie_Fresh88's Arena

OVR: 17

I agree Teamup is the best way to play this game as well. You guys should add me on ps4
#1 Laker fan
First Team Defense !!!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-04-2016, 07:00 PM   #6
Pro

Detroitfan4life1993's Arena

OVR: 1

I miss nba 2k10/2k11 where every camera in the game was available in team up/crew. I liked using the turbo camera especially playing as a center.
Old 08-04-2016, 07:28 PM   #7
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockie_Fresh88
I agree Teamup is the best way to play this game as well. You guys should add me on ps4
What's your PSN?
Old 08-05-2016, 02:33 PM   #8
Rookie

OVR: 2

You ever play team up from player lock camera, .........On W*ed? Awe man it's the trippiest thing. Blue team go, blue team go!!

#HalfBakedReference

At cheese, I'm trash. At basketball, I'm great!

NCAAMadnet
BadGuy

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »