Home

The 2 secrets to winning on Superstar Sim in 2k16

This is a discussion on The 2 secrets to winning on Superstar Sim in 2k16 within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-04-2016, 11:16 PM   #1
MVP

OVR: 13

These are the two things I found playing A LOT of 2K lately which give me a better chance at winning on Superstar Sim difficulty:

1) You need to use the freelance offense, you should have a base set that you are super familiar with and that set should have a lot of options within a very quick time, meaning a lot of players coming off screens looking to shoot the midrange or 3pt, and also having at least a big that is always looking to post up down low just waiting for you to feed him the ball. For some reason, the shot clock seems shorter than 24 seconds in the game vs. in reality, so once again, have one set play that you run gives you as many options as possible QUICK, I personally use Sixers Motion and Flow.

2) You need to set your POE every game but you don’t really need to do much for the defensive setting (all those on-ball defense sag off tight and soft hard hedges), I tried so many different combos on how to play and I realize the best is just leave all to Auto and just press the X whenever the CPU passes the ball, like I mean you have to press fast to switch because the CPU moves the ball FAST, and also don’t rely on your AI teammate to do anything for you, if you are in a pnr situation, just switch to the big and hedge yourself, just play defense with your fingers, be patient, play smart, and no need to do much settings at all for the defensive setting once again

Any comments?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-06-2016, 10:52 AM   #2
Hall of Fame

Coach2K's Arena

OVR: 2

I set my POE on neutral and never touch the defensive settings. It would be easier to do it by setting but I work really hard to control my CPU defenders with my positioning on the court instead.

On offense, you just got to be able to score. You can basically beat the CPU if you know one play really well. The more plays you know the easier it gets. Once you can read the defense well, you learn what plays to call when.

Offense is what makes your defense work. If you can't score you won't stop the other team enough.

And that works on HOF as well as superstar.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

To watch a fictional MyLeague expansion series with more than 90 episodes click here.

Subscribe to Coach2K's YouTube channel by clicking here.

Visit Coach2K.com for my latest articles.

Last edited by Coach2K; 08-06-2016 at 10:57 AM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »