Home

Hopefully 2k17 defense wont be all about steals and blocks

This is a discussion on Hopefully 2k17 defense wont be all about steals and blocks within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-09-2016, 10:06 PM   #25
MVP

alabamarob's Arena

OVR: 5
Re: Hopefully 2k17 defense wont be all about steals and blocks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crossover1
Why is Kevin Love always mentioned when someone wants to make an example of a bad defender? I've been noticing this a ton but he is actually an average defender. He plays positional defense and doesn't gamble so his blocks and steals won't be high.
Without debating if he is a below avg defender irl. On this game he flys around the court racking up steals and blocks.

Youtube: 2k Hawks

Settings I play on.
Minutes: 12
Difficulty: HOF
Online or Offline player: Both
In a MLO: Yes
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-09-2016, 11:21 PM   #26
MVP

raiderphantom's Arena

OVR: 6

Many defensive issues are tied into the awkward movement system and are also affected by the poor passing implemented. It doesn't just need fine tuning it needs to be stripped down and re-done in my opinion. I'm just hoping 2K has something good up their sleeve for 2K17.

XBLGT: tjor24
Old 08-09-2016, 11:32 PM   #27
MVP

BluFu's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by raiderphantom
Many defensive issues are tied into the awkward movement system and are also affected by the poor passing implemented. It doesn't just need fine tuning it needs to be stripped down and re-done in my opinion. I'm just hoping 2K has something good up their sleeve for 2K17.
That terribly slow back peddling animation is the biggest reason transition D is so bad in this game
Old 08-10-2016, 11:38 PM   #28
MVP

Crossover1's Arena

OVR: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by eltyboogie
on the game his reaction time is crazy
he gets an absurd amount of steals
which is unrealistic
Quote:
Originally Posted by alabamarob
Without debating if he is a below avg defender irl. On this game he flys around the court racking up steals and blocks.
These are more of an issue with the game than with him. 2K has a tough time differentiating players because every player has access to many of the same animations.

For example, everyone and their mother can chasedown block on a fastbreak when that should be reserved for LeBron and a few others.

I also remember a time when Nowitzki blocked me 5x in the first half of a game.

Last edited by Crossover1; 08-10-2016 at 11:40 PM.
Old 08-11-2016, 12:17 AM   #29
Rookie

OVR: 0

If anybody remembers the 1st week 2k16 released, then you will remember that defense was almost exactly what op is asking for.

My 1st game online i was able to play a position defense and force my opponent into low IQ bad jumpshots or layups in a crowd that bricked. Ended up being an easy blowout me Pistons vs him Cavs

Fast forward to now , i dont know how, why, or what they exactly did to defense but that same position defense is not in the game, along with the fact that bad shots and crowded layups go in at a high clip. So you are not rewarded on D.

That same guy would probly beat me with no effort right now in these settings and sad as it is thats how 2k wants the game. For incompetent users or young kids to easily compete.

The only game that has an invincible mercy gauge,

Its like 1 player is playing the game on Hall Of Fame, while the other player is given free reign on Rookie difficulty, but how is that triggered ?
Old 08-11-2016, 01:14 AM   #30
Rookie

eltyboogie's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by quitdabull
If anybody remembers the 1st week 2k16 released, then you will remember that defense was almost exactly what op is asking for.

My 1st game online i was able to play a position defense and force my opponent into low IQ bad jumpshots or layups in a crowd that bricked. Ended up being an easy blowout me Pistons vs him Cavs

Fast forward to now , i dont know how, why, or what they exactly did to defense but that same position defense is not in the game, along with the fact that bad shots and crowded layups go in at a high clip. So you are not rewarded on D.

That same guy would probly beat me with no effort right now in these settings and sad as it is thats how 2k wants the game. For incompetent users or young kids to easily compete.

The only game that has an invincible mercy gauge,

Its like 1 player is playing the game on Hall Of Fame, while the other player is given free reign on Rookie difficulty, but how is that triggered ?
yes 2k16 was perfect when it first released
then all the kids started complaining that they couldn't beat people off the dribble and it hasn't been the same since
Old 08-11-2016, 01:59 AM   #31
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by eltyboogie
yes 2k16 was perfect when it first released
then all the kids started complaining that they couldn't beat people off the dribble and it hasn't been the same since
It was far from perfect. Anyone playing career on HoF sim would have dealt with the fact you could sprint round the court off ball behind screens and pick any random spot on the court and your cpu defender would always beat you there because the game worked from your controller inputs not what was actually happening. You could take jump shots behind screens and 10ft away from the defender and you'd be forced into contested shot animations because defence was too op. Therein lies the main issue with 2k in my book; it's a game of sliders and animations so attributes are relegated to secondary considerations.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-11-2016, 02:34 AM   #32
Rookie

eltyboogie's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yesh2k
It was far from perfect. Anyone playing career on HoF sim would have dealt with the fact you could sprint round the court off ball behind screens and pick any random spot on the court and your cpu defender would always beat you there because the game worked from your controller inputs not what was actually happening. You could take jump shots behind screens and 10ft away from the defender and you'd be forced into contested shot animations because defence was too op. Therein lies the main issue with 2k in my book; it's a game of sliders and animations so attributes are relegated to secondary considerations.
lol I'm mainly referring to user vs user
I would rather have the defense we had when the game first released vs what we have now

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »