Home

Instead of selling us on gameplay advancements....

This is a discussion on Instead of selling us on gameplay advancements.... within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-10-2016, 02:13 PM   #25
MVP

nuckles2k2's Arena

OVR: 13
Re: Instead of selling us on gameplay advancements....

Quote:
Originally Posted by phriscaul
the critiques are of the lack of information. which is incredibly valid. and a few youtubers let Ronnie 2K know that they were dropping info 2 months before release date last year with screenshots attached. so..yeah.

here's an idea......their marketing team just could be awful. its very possible.

you guys want 2K to be great but have sub-par standards lol. hilarious.

*looks at fifa, madden, pes, nhl* oh...
Ohhh ok. Gotcha.

Because their marketing department doesn't operate *exactly* as the marketing departments of other studios...under different publishers...PLUS the fact that they're not meeting the standards that you have in your mind...AND because some youtubers told 2K's hype-man that they released a screenshot or two months in advance (prob talking abt the cover screenshots...when the community gleaned that there would be college teams in 2K16...cuz...the same thing happened with PG & Team USA...)

...those are the "reasons" you're critiquing the lack of info. Basically because we figured out a few things about 2K16 & knew about #BETHESTORY...there's problem all of a sudden. Lol. Y'all are funny.

That being said, I had my issues with 2K16 as well, & I don't have 2K17 preordered. I, similarly to you, am waiting for the info. I just don't have the pitchforks & pickups ready to go.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-10-2016, 02:18 PM   #26
Vni
Hall Of Fame

Vni's Arena

OVR: 23

Marketing and the game is two different things though. I don't judge a game by the way it's marketed. I really don't care about that. I also realise that they're just starting to market the game. Had they came up with that trailer two days before release I'd be all over them with you but I know they're far from done.

What difference does it make if I get the info now or in two weeks ? Not much.
Old 08-10-2016, 02:19 PM   #27
Banned

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by nuckles2k2
Ohhh ok. Gotcha.

Because their marketing department doesn't operate *exactly* as the marketing departments of other studios...under different publishers...PLUS the fact that they're not meeting the standards that you have in your mind...AND because some youtubers told 2K's hype-man that they released a screenshot or two months in advance (prob talking abt the cover screenshots...when the community gleaned that there would be college teams in 2K16...cuz...the same thing happened with PG & Team USA...)

...those are the "reasons" you're critiquing the lack of info. Basically because we figured out a few things about 2K16 & knew about #BETHESTORY...there's problem all of a sudden. Lol. Y'all are funny.

That being said, I had my issues with 2K16 as well, & I don't have 2K17 preordered. I, similarly to you, am waiting for the info. I just don't have the pitchforks & pickups ready to go.
nah. they just simply add to the reasons.

those myteam advancements, specifically the story additions, were gameplay advancements.

i dont have the pitchforks out either. but i do have standards.
Old 08-10-2016, 02:20 PM   #28
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vni
Marketing and the game is two different things though. I don't judge a game by the way it's marketed. I really don't care about that. I also realise that they're just starting to market the game. Had they came up with that trailer two days before release I'd be all over them with you but I know they're far from done.

in 2 weeks, you wont. they will be catering to low-hanging fruit with hype commercials during pre-season talk.

thats the difference.
Old 08-10-2016, 02:23 PM   #29
MVP

nuckles2k2's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vni

It's two different things. Two different departments. Two different disciplines.

People don't realize that in their state of immediate gratification.

Marketers have a plan. All that matters is if it impacts a certain percentage of the target audience. They have discussions about those numbers. They're comfortable with those numbers. We don't have to like it. Some folks just genuinely don't realize that lol.
Old 08-10-2016, 02:25 PM   #30
Banned

Quote:
It's two different things. Two different departments. Two different disciplines.

Marketers have a plan. All that matters is if it impacts a certain percentage of the target audience. They have discussions about those numbers. They're comfortable with those numbers. We don't have to like it. Some folks just genuinely don't realize that lol.
And some folks do realize that their marketing team has a plan....that plan could just simply be trash.

nobody here knows anything about this game whatsoever...other than barkley is in the game. whoopty do.

they gonna release hype b.s. for a week and then spam that the game is coming out in 30 days...for 2 weeks. great marketing plan.
Old 08-10-2016, 02:26 PM   #31
Vni
Hall Of Fame

Vni's Arena

OVR: 23

Quote:

At the end of the day we've always had the necessary info to make an educated decision on wether to buy the game or not before release. We can discuss wether we like it or not but it doesn't really matter.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-10-2016, 02:28 PM   #32
MVP

nuckles2k2's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by phriscaul
And some folks do realize that their marketing team has a plan....that plan could just simply be trash.

nobody here knows anything about this game whatsoever...other than barkley is in the game. whoopty do.

they gonna release hype b.s. for a week and then spam that the game is coming out in 30 days...for 2 weeks. great marketing plan.
You could be right. And I simply won't buy the game.

Why don't you get back to us when this plan does or doesn't happen. It's pointless right now.

You know about as much as I do about their plan.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »