Home

Instead of selling us on gameplay advancements....

This is a discussion on Instead of selling us on gameplay advancements.... within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-10-2016, 04:44 PM   #65
Banned

OVR: 0
Re: Instead of selling us on gameplay advancements....

couple things.

1) this is not the only 2K community here....i was involved in one of the biggest ones outside of this and nobody knew about a czar blog. "i am sure" isnt the same is, "they did"

2) breaking down offensive sets, or the fact that you have them, isnt rocket science.

3) other gaming companies can do it...but 2K cant.....bc 2K. and companies like EA can release gaming feature updates and their fans get it...but 2K cant and it's too much for 2K fans to grasp.

got it.

Last edited by phriscaul; 08-10-2016 at 04:49 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-10-2016, 05:03 PM   #66
MVP

ViolenceFight's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by phriscaul
couple things.

2) breaking down offensive sets, or the fact that you have them, isnt rocket science.

got it.
It is when the "Offensive sets" are based off the game reading your moves and auto positioning players into position to run an offense based entirely on read and react created around a set of parameters those teams use in real life. Oh, all of this is done without ever calling a "set"

Breaking down the freelance system isn't the same as breaking down HORNS. I'm guessing you have no idea what I'm talking about? Or the fact that several videos exist explaining it, how they implement it, and plans for the future of it.

PSN: ViolenceFight
Instagram: @ViolenceFight
Old 08-10-2016, 05:04 PM   #67
Just some dude...

BobbyColtrane's Arena

OVR: 15

hey man. i'm not a mod and i'm not here to backseat mod anybody.

i don't care if you listen to me or not, but getting into arguments in here over stuff and correcting people and all that isn't really successful on this forum. your stay might be kinda short if you take that tack.

maybe you don't care, i'm just offering a word to the wise.
Old 08-10-2016, 05:05 PM   #68
Vni
Hall Of Fame

Vni's Arena

OVR: 23

You know I'd go dig in Czar, OG, LD2K, Ronnie2K's twitter all the way till last year to find the links to the blogs but you'd probably find something to new to say.

At this point this discussion just isn't worth it.
Old 08-10-2016, 05:08 PM   #69
MVP

nuckles2k2's Arena

OVR: 13

Quote:
couple things.

1) this is not the only 2K community here....i was involved in one of the biggest ones outside of this and nobody knew about a czar blog. "i am sure" isnt the same is, "they did"

3) other gaming companies can do it...but 2K cant.....bc 2K. and companies like EA can release gaming feature updates and their fans get it...but 2K cant and it's too much for 2K fans to grasp.

got it.
1) they did & they do

2) Lol. The freelance system in 2K16 is slightly more than "just sets". That's an oversimplification to suit your argument. Or a misunderstanding of what Czar detailed...which would lead to the overall point of what many said in this thread. But I'm giving you the benefit of the doubt

3) you're not looking hard enough. Dev diaries are on FB too.

https://www.facebook.com/notes/nba-2...53026827052267

You sure that it's not just that 2K doesn't share info directly with the community you were a part of? They hire ppl from OS. Maybe that creates a familiarity with the forum & they give OS nuggets of info that they don't give other communities.

The info is still available to everyone tho. And not just via OS.

You're making it seem like they release sizzle trailers, & then the game. If you didn't see the info previously, that doesn't mean it didn't exist.

If you even google "NBA 2K[whatever]" in the time period when info is being released, regardless of where it's released...you'll find it. And you don't have to be signed up to read anything.

Last edited by nuckles2k2; 08-10-2016 at 05:12 PM.
Old 08-10-2016, 06:36 PM   #70
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobbyColtrane
hey man. i'm not a mod and i'm not here to backseat mod anybody.

i don't care if you listen to me or not, but getting into arguments in here over stuff and correcting people and all that isn't really successful on this forum. your stay might be kinda short if you take that tack.

maybe you don't care, i'm just offering a word to the wise.
i hear you, and i appreciate the level-headed approach/advice.....but thats a two-way street

Last edited by phriscaul; 08-10-2016 at 06:44 PM.
Old 08-10-2016, 06:40 PM   #71
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by ViolenceFight
It is when the "Offensive sets" are based off the game reading your moves and auto positioning players into position to run an offense based entirely on read and react created around a set of parameters those teams use in real life. Oh, all of this is done without ever calling a "set"

Breaking down the freelance system isn't the same as breaking down HORNS. I'm guessing you have no idea what I'm talking about? Or the fact that several videos exist explaining it, how they implement it, and plans for the future of it.
you mean the same HORNS that is prevalent in the clippers offense where both bigs set up at the elbows and run screens for their PG as well as other movement depending on your personnel?

dont play with me dude.

the funny thing is yall think offensive philosophy is the same as gameplay tweaking and enhancements that ease off of the clunky-ness and provides a seamless experience....and videos that showcase these enhancements.

incredible.

Last edited by phriscaul; 08-10-2016 at 06:44 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-10-2016, 07:54 PM   #72
MVP

Pokes404's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
you mean the same HORNS that is prevalent in the clippers offense where both bigs set up at the elbows and run screens for their PG as well as other movement depending on your personnel?

dont play with me dude.

the funny thing is yall think offensive philosophy is the same as gameplay tweaking and enhancements that ease off of the clunky-ness and provides a seamless experience....and videos that showcase these enhancements.

incredible.
Well, in one of your first posts you expressed frustration at the fact that big men don't step into their shooting range when receiving a pass off of drive-help. From reading that, I'm inferring that you would consider better offball AI movement a gameplay enhancement. It sounds like it would at least be something you would very excited to hear about. But then when people give you examples about a blog on freelance offense, which focuses mainly on improving offball AI movement and spacing, you don't seem to want to count that as a gameplay enhancement.

I thought your argument was that 2K hadn't released enough information about what gameplay enhancements have been made to 2K17. Now it seems like you're trying to argue that they never release gameplay info (or they don't make it widely available enough to the public) even though people have provided several examples to the contrary. If your argument were simply, "that's great that they've done these things in the past, but I think it's a mistake they haven't done it yet for this year's game," then I could understand where you're coming from. I think your original point is getting lost.

And as far as the "two-way street" comment is concerned, when you open a thread with "go ahead and waste your money on 2K," you're probably going to get some inflamed remarks. There are people on this site who are big fans of this game and are going to take a comment like that a little personally. Now, that doesn't mean they should be dismissive of your opinion or try to take personal attacks at you ... but you did kind of fire the first salvo. Stick to the facts, leave emotion out of it, and rationally lay out your argument/opinion and most people will respect it. Even if they don't necessarily agree with it.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »