Home

New Nets/Physics in NBA 2K17?

This is a discussion on New Nets/Physics in NBA 2K17? within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-14-2016, 07:43 PM   #25
Vni
Hall Of Fame

Vni's Arena

OVR: 23
Re: New Nets/Physics in NBA 2K17?

Honestly a good half of the 2K16 animations play out like they're played on the moon. So many of them are slow and floaty.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-15-2016, 01:00 PM   #26
MVP

Eman5805's Arena

OVR: 15

As has been said, key is the sound of the ball going through the net. There's this one SFX that has drove me for years. It sounds like someone tapping the top of a metal trash can with a rubber mallet. Can't stand that sound. I'd love to hear that solid THOK sound the rim makes when you bang it off the back iron and down.
Old 08-16-2016, 03:32 AM   #27
Banned

OVR: 0

sound design and presentation is huge. i sort of wish they paid more attention to the actual presentation as well. i know the 'other' game has built in ESPN presentations $$$$ but i love their presentations. too bad the game is so damn awful. If they make any improvements to the actual sound design, that'd be cool. a nice step in the right direction.
Old 08-16-2016, 12:49 PM   #28
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkWilliam
Found this comparitive pic over at NLSC - makes you realise looking at them side by side how good the 2K17 one looks;

This. THIS comparison I think speaks volumes to what to expect on a graphical update level. Details look night and day on net, making the 16 net look ridiculously fake. At least I think so.

Combine that with the new player models and skin tones, maybe Ronnie wasn't kidding when he tweeted that the graphics got a "HUGE" upgrade this year.

That level on detail improvement on net and rim...imagine what that could mean for shoes and accessories.
Old 08-16-2016, 02:16 PM   #29
MVP

MrDubya's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eman5805
As has been said, key is the sound of the ball going through the net. There's this one SFX that has drove me for years. It sounds like someone tapping the top of a metal trash can with a rubber mallet. Can't stand that sound. I'd love to hear that solid THOK sound the rim makes when you bang it off the back iron and down.

Yeah, no doubt. But at least it isn't like the sound effects way back on 2K5. That was terrible. I remember it was like a half-second delay from when the ball went in to when the sound would occur.
Old 08-16-2016, 02:22 PM   #30
ERA

The 24th Letter's Arena

OVR: 38

Who knew this year would finally be the death of the red rim
Old 08-16-2016, 02:43 PM   #31
Rookie

SteveQ's Arena

The new look net/rim almost makes me want to cry a little bit lol. So beautiful. Especially when you remember the fact that the rim has been red and the net wide for years and years.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-16-2016, 02:55 PM   #32
Vni
Hall Of Fame

Vni's Arena

OVR: 23

Pretty optimistic we're getting some new net animations or the ball would clip through it every time since it's smaller at the end. Still hoping for new swish/rim sounds too but not that optimistic about that.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »