Home

Getting your shoulders past a defender/turning the corner?

This is a discussion on Getting your shoulders past a defender/turning the corner? within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-15-2016, 03:14 PM   #33
MVP

alabamarob's Arena

OVR: 5
Re: Getting your shoulders past a defender/turning the corner?

Quote:
Originally Posted by hanzsomehanz
Team USA is getting exposed on spread PNR

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Tapatalk
Only in 2k is kyrie a good defender. Irl he constantly dies on the pick, and doesnt maintain a good guarding position often. That Olympic sqaud is running him and Melo together for major minutes, so the defense will be suspect against good offensive teams.

Youtube: 2k Hawks

Settings I play on.
Minutes: 12
Difficulty: HOF
Online or Offline player: Both
In a MLO: Yes
Old 08-15-2016, 03:28 PM   #34
Greatness Personified

J_Posse's Arena

OVR: 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by alabamarob
Only in 2k is kyrie a good defender. Irl he constantly dies on the pick, and doesnt maintain a good guarding position often. That Olympic sqaud is running him and Melo together for major minutes, so the defense will be suspect against good offensive teams.
What's your youtube account name? Can't link to the video in Tapatalk, but I really, really want to see that video. CPU on-ball defense and pick & roll defense were absolutely overpowered to a ridiculous degree in NBA 2K16. They would constantly jump past or through screens and "magically" get (read: warp) back into position once beat.

The boys at VC/2K need to really, really make the ratings/sliders for these things matter. I should be able to tell a poor defender, below average, average, good and elite defender apart through feel and animation branches that seperate them.

Not to mention that the old legacy problem of mismatches not making a difference on the perimeter - or paint is many occasions - reared its ugly head. The Pau Gasol, Tim Duncan, Enes Kanter and Omer Asik type defenders could never be consistently punished for switching, hedging to hard or being out on the perimeter.

It felt more ham fisted than ever that (at leasy against the CPU) the developers wanted or were forcing you not to play "heroball" on the perimeter.

But then on the other end your weak side defender would almost always over help leading to open three after open three. Yeah, well I would try that exact same pass but the CPU would "magically" recover, although the CPU wouldn't sink all the way to paint on my drives, and contest/take away said shot.

from Spurs Nation/Bills Backer HQ

Official OS Bills Backers Club Member

Last edited by J_Posse; 08-15-2016 at 03:35 PM.
Old 08-15-2016, 03:55 PM   #35
MVP

alabamarob's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by J_Posse
What's your youtube account name? Can't link to the video in Tapatalk, but I really, really want to see that video. CPU on-ball defense and pick & roll defense were absolutely overpowered to a ridiculous degree in NBA 2K16. They would constantly jump past or through screens and "magically" get (read: warp) back into position once beat.

The boys at VC/2K need to really, really make the ratings/sliders for these things matter. I should be able to tell a poor defender, below average, average, good and elite defender apart through feel and animation branches that seperate them.

Not to mention that the old legacy problem of mismatches not making a difference on the perimeter - or paint is many occasions - reared its ugly head. The Pau Gasol, Tim Duncan, Enes Kanter and Omer Asik type defenders could never be consistently punished for switching, hedging to hard or being out on the perimeter.

It felt more ham fisted than ever that (at leasy against the CPU) the developers wanted or were forcing you not to play "heroball" on the perimeter.

But then on the other end your weak side defender would almost always over help leading to open three after open three. Yeah, well I would try that exact same pass but the CPU would "magically" recover, although the CPU wouldn't sink all the way to paint on my drives, and contest/take away said shot.

from Spurs Nation/Bills Backer HQ
I agree with all you said. In a league now dominated by ballhandlers it is a necessity to have different degrees of perimeter defenders. The poor one's should be exploitable and the great one's should be vital. Its almost impossible to have a good defense in the current nba without bigs that can defend the pnr.

Hawks.coach2k is the youtube name. Type that into search and it will come up.

Youtube: 2k Hawks

Settings I play on.
Minutes: 12
Difficulty: HOF
Online or Offline player: Both
In a MLO: Yes
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-15-2016, 04:27 PM   #36
Pro

TheDuggler's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by alabamarob

Examples
If I was 2K I would be embarrassed by this video

Expect them to DMCA it any day
Old 08-15-2016, 09:15 PM   #37
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDuggler
If I was 2K I would be embarrassed by this video

Expect them to DMCA it any day
man please. 2K will never be embarrassed by this. anybody who actually knows basketball or has played it at a high level has to be frequently frustrated with this poor excuse for "sim" basketball. There are so many naggling things like this in the game. 2K is virtually unplayable.
Old 08-15-2016, 09:50 PM   #38
Pro

TheDuggler's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by phriscaul
man please. 2K will never be embarrassed by this. anybody who actually knows basketball or has played it at a high level has to be frequently frustrated with this poor excuse for "sim" basketball. There are so many naggling things like this in the game. 2K is virtually unplayable.
The problem is, I feel like when the game first came out the defenders didn't warp in front of you like they do now.

Is it possible to download the game without patches? I need to try this out.
Old 08-15-2016, 09:55 PM   #39
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDuggler
The problem is, I feel like when the game first came out the defenders didn't warp in front of you like they do now.

Is it possible to download the game without patches? I need to try this out.
they still warped but not like now. i think over the life-span of the game, they make so many adjustments and tuneups that some things get lost in the fray. i definitely think defense got much much worse as the game progressed this year. the pick and roll was a bit OP on the offensive end, so they tuned it, and then they made it OP on the defensive end months later to where guys transport and intercept passes. there was a happy medium for a small window but we lost that after one of the updates. *sigh*
Old 08-15-2016, 10:17 PM   #40
Pro

TheDuggler's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by phriscaul
they still warped but not like now. i think over the life-span of the game, they make so many adjustments and tuneups that some things get lost in the fray. i definitely think defense got much much worse as the game progressed this year. the pick and roll was a bit OP on the offensive end, so they tuned it, and then they made it OP on the defensive end months later to where guys transport and intercept passes. there was a happy medium for a small window but we lost that after one of the updates. *sigh*
I feel you man, maybe next year they won't overtweak things. I feel like right now I am basically being pushed by the defense the entire game which is as unrealistic as it gets. Running up the court and being physically pushed backwards to the point where you stumble back several feet is always a foul in real life, but just normal D in this game.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »