Home

NBA 2K17 Screenshot - Paul George

This is a discussion on NBA 2K17 Screenshot - Paul George within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-15-2016, 08:41 PM   #73
MVP

sva91's Arena

OVR: 10
Re: NBA 2K17 Screenshot - Paul George

I don't understand the complexities in changing the player models, but people aren't asking for everyone to be 100% accurate, we just want the average player model looking much more like a basketball player.

I'm sure a lot of players share the same model with tats and faces layered over. Hopefully they can figure out a way to give us thinner models before it ships

Oh yea, and props to 2k on that lighting and skin texture. Looks much more photorealistic, like it was in 2k14. Let's just try to nail those player models.
Old 08-15-2016, 08:47 PM   #74
All Star

ksuttonjr76's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by nuckles2k2
Funny you brought up LBJ...

Dude's a walking mini-tank in 2K16.

How are you not seeing this stuff? Lol.

Yeah, he's such a mini-tank.
Old 08-15-2016, 08:50 PM   #75
MVP

nuckles2k2's Arena

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phreezy P
I think the majority of body type issues stem from jerseys being too baggy/not modeled correctly.

Spoiler

This pic has been posted multiple times and you can see how formfitting the USA jersey is to the body. 2K jerseys hover about an inch off of everybody. It makes them look a lot more swole than they actually are.

My take on the body type is that it's fine sizewise. (EDIT: It actually looks kinda like his neck is a bit too short, but that could be the jersey too) The pic comparison isn't really fair since it isn't even comparing the same side of his body. The USA pic has him wearing an arm sleeve which compresses some of the fat on the bicep. However, the definition needs work, as seen in these photos from huds:

Spoiler

I do like the lighting though. That skintone is near perfection.
I agree wholeheartedly about the jerseys being an issue.

This comparison pic of LBJ from another thread shows that:

Poor jersey fit & lack of muscle definition leads to the illusion that player's are bulkier than they should be. But there's also something going on with the midsection of 2K player models. Everyone is just...wide - only differences are height & maybe shoulder width. No one is "a string bean" as the old heads would say.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-15-2016, 09:03 PM   #76
All Star

ksuttonjr76's Arena

And since some people believe MLB The Show 16 is an example of the "correct" way...

https://youtu.be/KWKSubgUr0I
Old 08-15-2016, 09:06 PM   #77
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by hanzsomehanz
Ya this is way too thick.. it's easily noticeable... his forearm alone looks way too bulky

I'll get past it in-game but the screenshot is not appealing.. it's not any type or bait that gets me excited for 17

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Tapatalk
https://www.google.com/url?sa=i&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=images&cd=&ved=0ahUKEwi984D63sTOAhVF5yYKHXR3DPoQjRwIBw&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.slamonline.com%2Fthe-magazine%2Ftoc%2Fpaul-george-slam-magazine-cover%2F&psig=AFQjCNHUtW6oGyLRsIq7zrb6YZZJ6_UYBw&ust=1471395877500471

Looks pretty accurate too me.......
Old 08-15-2016, 09:07 PM   #78
All Star

King_B_Mack's Arena

OVR: 23

We realize LeBron IS built like a damn tank right? If you want a player to show the problems with 2Ks body types and looking like superheroes, LeBron isn't exactly the guy because he's like the one dude they nail because he's built like a damn superhero.
Old 08-15-2016, 09:08 PM   #79
Banned

WISports's Arena

It's way past due that 2k gets a new art department...or at least the people who are responsible for body types.

How hard is it to look at a real pic of a player-compare it to an in game model-and realize, "yeah, he's definitely still too thick...we should probably correct that".

I mean, just look at PG's waist and chest.
Unbelievable.
Old 08-15-2016, 09:10 PM   #80
All Star

ksuttonjr76's Arena

https://youtu.be/eqvmu6TY3LI

Again slightly thicker...far game breaking, and a far cry from what it used to look like.

Last edited by ksuttonjr76; 08-15-2016 at 09:24 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »