Home

Will there be filters for play now online in 2k17?

This is a discussion on Will there be filters for play now online in 2k17? within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-17-2016, 03:14 AM   #17
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Will there be filters for play now online in 2k17?

Quote:
Originally Posted by lazyswimmer7
Lillard is obviously good in real life..in 2k he's unreal..hits 3's..score over 3 people in the lane..him and harden are difficult to stop

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

He's unreal in real life too, he always torches golden state lol
Old 08-17-2016, 03:20 AM   #18
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by E The Rhymer
While it is annoying to play them over and over again I personally don't think punishing people who pick top tier teams (GSW/CLE) any further is the answer. Why give a guy a hard time and only award him half a win if he earned it simply because you assume he is a band wagoner, why punish a guy who stuck with the Cavs even when they were barley a double digit win team simply because now they aren't. A filter is probably the best idea but most people will probably set it not to match up against these teams and a lot of people who are genuine fans of those teams will be punished simply because their team is good. I say leave it how it is maybe add more tries and make the way the teams are ranked a little more logical and it will be fine. Give rewards for playing with lesser teams don't punish people for using a team they like.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The thing is, there are very few actual "fans" of golden state or the cavs that use them because that is really their favorite team. The majority of players don't use their favorite teams because they always face the best teams and feel there is no other way to match up. This has been happening for years in 2k... Lakers, heat, Knicks, Warriors, ect. Whatever the best teams are is what will be used the majority of the time. I just want all the cavs and warriors players to just play each other (it'd absolutely delight me to see people complain about Warriors vs warriors match ups) . No point in playing teams of lesser talent to think you're good at the game...
Old 08-17-2016, 08:16 AM   #19
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayb_270
The thing is, there are very few actual "fans" of golden state or the cavs that use them because that is really their favorite team. The majority of players don't use their favorite teams because they always face the best teams and feel there is no other way to match up. This has been happening for years in 2k... Lakers, heat, Knicks, Warriors, ect. Whatever the best teams are is what will be used the majority of the time. I just want all the cavs and warriors players to just play each other (it'd absolutely delight me to see people complain about Warriors vs warriors match ups) . No point in playing teams of lesser talent to think you're good at the game...

I feel you but You can say that about any team that's good and I don't think it's fair to punish players even if they are the minority simply because their team is up right now. I know I am personally a Lakers fan and I've always been I played with them when they were up in 2k9 and I play them even now as one of the worst teams in the league and I would hate that if next season they somehow became good I as a fan of them would be punished for wanting to use my favorite team in 2K.

Old 08-17-2016, 08:38 AM   #20
Pro

I'm fine with facing the Cavs of GSW, they just better not have that stupid breakthegame bs for curry again. 2k gotta stick with their vision to make a sim game and not halfway through the year cater to keyboard warriors and turn the game into a arcade game.

Sent from my SM-N910W8 using Tapatalk
Old 08-17-2016, 09:21 AM   #21
All Star

ksuttonjr76's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by E The Rhymer
I feel you but You can say that about any team that's good and I don't think it's fair to punish players even if they are the minority simply because their team is up right now. I know I am personally a Lakers fan and I've always been I played with them when they were up in 2k9 and I play them even now as one of the worst teams in the league and I would hate that if next season they somehow became good I as a fan of them would be punished for wanting to use my favorite team in 2K.

How does the use of filters "punish" people??? To me, it's no different when I dashboard when I see a GSW or Cavs user at the matchup screen. Filters just saves me the time of exiting 4-7 matchup screens before i finally get someone who isn't using GSW or Cavs.

Trust me, filters are not going eliminate opponents for GSW and Cavs users. That's kinda selfish thinking in my opinion. How can someone get upset about not getting matched up against lesser teams when they're using the best team in the game?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-17-2016, 09:31 AM   #22
All Star

ksuttonjr76's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesus_Swagglesworth
Yea its not realistic or optimal. Filters create matchmaking nightmares. 2k barely got their online working consistently a couple years ago...

You're dividing the player base by team, online level, and ranking. Finding a match would take forever.

You can realistically either reduce incentives for using good teams, or go into a separate unranked game mode w/filters at your own risk (matchmaking-wise)
How would that be a nightmare? Players already pre-select theirs teams before you even begin matchmaking. They can't make a simple filter that prevents me from getting matched up against certain teams? I should have the right to "screen" my matchups.

There are enough players online who DON'T use the GSW or Cavs where it shouldn't take forever. Period. Granted, if they bring back the ability to back out from the matchup screen by pressing a button, I'm probably not going to care anyways. However, I just don't want to go through the hassle of selecting my team, waiting 20 seconds, see a GSW or Cavs user, dashboard, watch the intro and loading screens for about a minute, select my team again, wait another 20 seconds, see ANOTHER GSW or Cavs user, rinse and repeat. That crap gets time consuming if you run into a GSW or Cavs 7 times in a row.

Last edited by ksuttonjr76; 08-17-2016 at 09:40 AM.
Old 08-17-2016, 11:12 AM   #23
All Star

Mintsa's Arena

OVR: 17

I agree with ksutt.....

You cant really "filter" which team a person chooses. (You might not find any games depending on what you filter).

Just make it easier/less time consuming to back out of a match ups. Dashboarding does take a minute......
Old 08-17-2016, 11:53 AM   #24
All Star

ksuttonjr76's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mintsa
I agree with ksutt.....

You cant really "filter" which team a person chooses. (You might not find any games depending on what you filter).

Just make it easier/less time consuming to back out of a match ups. Dashboarding does take a minute......
Pretty much. Personally, I've overlooked the dashboarding in 2K16 and had assumed they somehow had missed the lack of backing out via a button press during the quality process. It just seems like an odd thing to purposefully remove from online players. I don't believe there's a single multiplayer games that doesn't allow you to back out before the actually match starts.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »