Home

Will there be filters for play now online in 2k17?

This is a discussion on Will there be filters for play now online in 2k17? within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-17-2016, 01:11 PM   #25
Banned

lazyswimmer7's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Will there be filters for play now online in 2k17?

I honestly think I may have spent more time dashboarding and reloading the game after seeing GSW/CLE..than actually playing it..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-17-2016, 01:52 PM   #26
MVP

MrDubya's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayb_270
He's unreal in real life too, he always torches golden state lol

Yep. That is true.
Old 08-17-2016, 03:21 PM   #27
Pro

Jesus_Swagglesworth's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by ksuttonjr76
How would that be a nightmare? Players already pre-select theirs teams before you even begin matchmaking. They can't make a simple filter that prevents me from getting matched up against certain teams? I should have the right to "screen" my matchups.

There are enough players online who DON'T use the GSW or Cavs where it shouldn't take forever. Period. Granted, if they bring back the ability to back out from the matchup screen by pressing a button, I'm probably not going to care anyways. However, I just don't want to go through the hassle of selecting my team, waiting 20 seconds, see a GSW or Cavs user, dashboard, watch the intro and loading screens for about a minute, select my team again, wait another 20 seconds, see ANOTHER GSW or Cavs user, rinse and repeat. That crap gets time consuming if you run into a GSW or Cavs 7 times in a row.
Lol this is why they dont let you back out... this is a ranked game mode... you cant just cherrypick your opponents to the highest rank. Madden implemented this too

But way too many factors affect matchmaking. It's gonna take everyone a longer time to find a match

If im at GOAT and theres only 100 people on the whole console/world who I can pair with, and I dont wanna play specfic teams, i'm guaranteed to wait forever now... along with whoever I was supposed to play (considering the tiny amount of people I can match with)

And you assume that GSW/Cle would be the only dodged teams... people will just filter all the teams that annoy them... creating an even bigger filter and even bigger matchmaking issues.

The PNO player base really isnt that big. It has big numbers because everyone will try it, but few will actually stay once they see issues like this. Theres several other game modes the 2k player base is split in... why split it even further with filters
Old 08-17-2016, 03:25 PM   #28
Pro

TheDuggler's Arena

PNO should have a mode where you can only play the matchups that are happening in the real NBA that day

Might give us a few days off from GSW/Cavs next year
Old 08-17-2016, 04:41 PM   #29
All Star

ksuttonjr76's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesus_Swagglesworth
Lol this is why they dont let you back out... this is a ranked game mode... you cant just cherrypick your opponents to the highest rank. Madden implemented this too

But way too many factors affect matchmaking. It's gonna take everyone a longer time to find a match

If im at GOAT and theres only 100 people on the whole console/world who I can pair with, and I dont wanna play specfic teams, i'm guaranteed to wait forever now... along with whoever I was supposed to play (considering the tiny amount of people I can match with)

And you assume that GSW/Cle would be the only dodged teams... people will just filter all the teams that annoy them... creating an even bigger filter and even bigger matchmaking issues.

The PNO player base really isnt that big. It has big numbers because everyone will try it, but few will actually stay once they see issues like this. Theres several other game modes the 2k player base is split in... why split it even further with filters
Calling BS.

The PNO may not be as large as the My Player community, but it's easily not a Titanfall or NBA Live online experience when it comes to available players.

Me dashboarding is just a longer way of filtering. I was able to button exit out of matchups before NBA 2K16, and best believe that I was always able to find a player who wasn't using the best team that year.

8+ million copies sold, and your going to tell me that only a "small" group of people play PNO? Whatever.
Old 08-17-2016, 05:10 PM   #30
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by ksuttonjr76
Calling BS.

The PNO may not be as large as the My Player community, but it's easily not a Titanfall or NBA Live online experience when it comes to available players.

Me dashboarding is just a longer way of filtering. I was able to button exit out of matchups before NBA 2K16, and best believe that I was always able to find a player who wasn't using the best team that year.

8+ million copies sold, and your going to tell me that only a "small" group of people play PNO? Whatever.
My Player? The biggest game mode is My Team by far... And probably followed by Park and My Player/Pro Am

I reached GOAT within the first 2 days of release. It took me anywhere between 5-15 mins to find a match

I'll use Madden as an example since its at the very least just as big as 2k (and has the same game mode demographics with MUT being most popular) . At any given time the amount of people searching for a regular online match is 3-20... That is disgustingly low. 2k has to be in the same ballpark, probably worse considering more game modes

Its a ranked game mode. You can't cherrypick opponents unless you want unranked. This is why you can't back out and have to dashboard. Filtering is intentionally disallowed but nothing can stop dashboarding lol

Other games are taking steps toward this ^^ direction, if they haven't already. Most of which already have.
Old 08-17-2016, 05:33 PM   #31
MVP

Hustle Westbrook's Arena

I can just imagine Warriors/Cavs players filtering out other Warriors/Cavs players and just beating up on the lesser teams.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-17-2016, 05:52 PM   #32
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hustle Westbrook
I can just imagine Warriors/Cavs players filtering out other Warriors/Cavs players and just beating up on the lesser teams.
lmao aaaand this is why filters aren't allowed in ranked... aaand why they dont show records... aaaand why there's skill/level based matchmaking

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »