Home

Will there be filters for play now online in 2k17?

This is a discussion on Will there be filters for play now online in 2k17? within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-17-2016, 05:57 PM   #33
All Star

ksuttonjr76's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Will there be filters for play now online in 2k17?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesus_Swagglesworth
My Player? The biggest game mode is My Team by far... And probably followed by Park and My Player/Pro Am

I reached GOAT within the first 2 days of release. It took me anywhere between 5-15 mins to find a match

I'll use Madden as an example since its at the very least just as big as 2k (and has the same game mode demographics with MUT being most popular) . At any given time the amount of people searching for a regular online match is 3-20... That is disgustingly low. 2k has to be in the same ballpark, probably worse considering more game modes

Its a ranked game mode. You can't cherrypick opponents unless you want unranked. This is why you can't back out and have to dashboard. Filtering is intentionally disallowed but nothing can stop dashboarding lol

Other games are taking steps toward this ^^ direction, if they haven't already. Most of which already have.
Calling BS again, or you have some poor internet services.

It has never taken me longer than the 15-30 seconds it takes for the matchup screen to appear. Most of my time is spent on the dashboarding process. Also....

1) You don't know what mode is popular unless you have access to 2KSports' server information....
2) Don't care that you got to the GOAT level within two days...
3) You don't know how many people are matchmaking in PNO at any given point...
4) Most games I play do allow you to back out from the lobby/matchup screen without penalty....
4) Lastly....I can choose whoever I want to play in PNO, since 2K Sports took away unranked lobbies where we used to be able to do blind matchmaking. When there were unranked lobbies, I actually did get a good variety of teams to play against, because there was no records or leaderboards. It was just good, clean fun. Personally, I don't do the friend list thing, because I don't feel like asking someone to play or making arrangements to play at a certain time. If you don't mind playing the same 2-3 teams every time you jump online, then don't use the filters. However, there are people who like VARIETY in the teams they play against in PNO.
Old 08-17-2016, 06:04 PM   #34
Banned

lazyswimmer7's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesus_Swagglesworth
lmao aaaand this is why filters aren't allowed in ranked... aaand why they dont show records... aaaand why there's skill/level based matchmaking

Uh..this happens right now without the filter

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 08-17-2016, 06:11 PM   #35
Pro

Jesus_Swagglesworth's Arena

Spoiler

1) I don't but I can make an educated guess based on the accurate numbers of a very similar game... And YouTube.. And the fact that they put the most time into this mode throughout the year (My Team)

2) That's important because matchmaking is level based. When I reached goat there was literally 6 other people with me. I think they also pair me with HOF... Which also wasn't many people

3) see 1

4) Games let you back out of regular matches. Any game with a dedicated ranked mode won't let you and some won't even let you see the names of people in lobbies

5) I can agree, add unranked... Which was my first proposition all along (either that or increase incentives to use bad teams)

This is a ranked game mode... They took this very seriously as seen by tiers and levels and matchmaking based on that. This is not a safe space to cherrypick opponents. Bring back unranked

@lazyswimmer - I know and there's nothing you can do about that except what they already did... Which is make it a huge pain and force dashboard

Last edited by Jesus_Swagglesworth; 08-17-2016 at 06:13 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-17-2016, 10:18 PM   #36
Rookie

Guys a good way to dashboard without reloading the whole game is pressing the home button (ps4) going to your network settings, and select the option "connect to Internet" twice. It simply unchecks the box and checks it again so you really don't have to restart the whole game to filter. And it only takes a few seconds to start matchmaking again
Old 08-17-2016, 11:07 PM   #37
MVP

videobastard's Arena

OVR: 14

I wish they added an option for division search where you could have rival match ups within a division. So you could search a atlantic division matchup or south east matchup etc...
Old 08-17-2016, 11:21 PM   #38
Pro

Hellquist's Arena

I agree that players who use GSW or CLE shouldn't be punished. Just because you use those teams do not mean you get an automatic W. It's a game at the end of the day. People love talking about "stick skills" 24/7 here but now you pull this rhetoric? Come on. If you're good, why do you need a filter? I have beaten GSW on PNO and also lost to GSW. You win some, you lose some. I do agree also with being able to quit a matchup if we see a team we don't want to play against. I don't like the bias. My favorite team is the Cavs but I am good with most of the teams. I don't want to be penalized for using my favorite team and you don't either. It's nonsense.
Old 08-18-2016, 12:04 AM   #39
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellquist
I agree that players who use GSW or CLE shouldn't be punished. Just because you use those teams do not mean you get an automatic W. It's a game at the end of the day. People love talking about "stick skills" 24/7 here but now you pull this rhetoric? Come on. If you're good, why do you need a filter? I have beaten GSW on PNO and also lost to GSW. You win some, you lose some. I do agree also with being able to quit a matchup if we see a team we don't want to play against. I don't like the bias. My favorite team is the Cavs but I am good with most of the teams. I don't want to be penalized for using my favorite team and you don't either. It's nonsense.

Stick skills only get you so far. 2k has severely scripted gameplay and good user defense is not rewarded as it should be. If you have a superstar like Lebron or steph, no matter how good or bad you are at the game, they can score at will and become unstoppable. I've played some of the worst people at this game and they have only literally because they can spam baseline drives or draw fouls with endless pump fakes. Sometimes using the best teams do guarantee a W.
Old 08-18-2016, 09:01 AM   #40
All Star

ksuttonjr76's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellquist
I'm good....I just get bored playing the same teams all the time. It's really that simple. It's has nothing to do with my ability to beat them.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »