Home

Cheating in MyLeague Online?

This is a discussion on Cheating in MyLeague Online? within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-16-2016, 05:09 PM   #9
Vni
Hall Of Fame

Vni's Arena

OVR: 23
Re: Cheating in MyLeague Online?

I have less than 1mb upload and I can play lag free games. You don't need that much and ping is more important. It would definately take him a while to upload a full game though for sure.
Old 08-16-2016, 05:10 PM   #10
MVP

Jrocc23's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by abuC
That's silly to be honest, there are guys in the league like Giannis, Draymond, Blake and LeBron that grab defensive boards and run the break.

That's what a lot of these guys do that make these "SIM" rules for Leagues. That's why I could never get into them. "You can only take this amount of 3's a game" and etc.

It's ridiculous to me, but that's why it's always good to find likeminded individuals. If they are cool w/ it cool, but I could never get into a league w/ all those rules. I just look at it as just play basketball and not exploiting the game.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

NBA 2K11
XtremeXplicit Crew
Ranked

Check us out: http://www.youtube.com/jroccdagameboy
Old 08-16-2016, 05:36 PM   #11
MVP

raiderphantom's Arena

I've seen this before several times in sim leagues. That's why I have no interest in them anymore. I would normally take his side but considering he admittedly used cheats before he should be reviewed by you or whoever the commish is. If he has a capture device have him record it offline so it doesn't make him lag, then he can upload it youtube or whatever later. Sorry, I don't know what forms of cheating he's capable of though. Google might be able to help you there.

XBLGT: tjor24
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-16-2016, 07:36 PM   #12
MVP

jk31's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jrocc23
That's what a lot of these guys do that make these "SIM" rules for Leagues. That's why I could never get into them. "You can only take this amount of 3's a game" and etc.

It's ridiculous to me, but that's why it's always good to find likeminded individuals. If they are cool w/ it cool, but I could never get into a league w/ all those rules. I just look at it as just play basketball and not exploiting the game.

That's the point... I'd rather play without rules and play just basketball. But there are a lot of people out there who are unable to do just that, even in organized leagues.

Our rules are:
- Fastbreaks only after steals and blocks
- in average over a whole season not more than around 50 to 60 points in the paint
- no more than 35 minutes played for a player (we play 4x10 minutes)

that's it...No "you can only take so many 3s a game".

And yeah I don't know how he is doing it but here are some of his stats this playoffs (10 games):

Brandon Knight 12.1 PPG 9.1 APG on 60% FG and 52% 3P.
Wes Matthews 16.1 PPG on 57% FG and 48% 3P.
Robin Lopez 17.2 PPG 9.4 RPG on 71% FG
Nikola Mirotic 9.3 PPG in 18 MPG and on 66% FG and 78% 3P (22/28)

That's just crazy... And like I said before his players are playing much more than they should be able to according to the number of timeouts he takes (zero...). All of his opponents players get to around 23/24 Minutes only while his guys get around 30-34 minutes.

Last edited by jk31; 08-16-2016 at 07:43 PM.
Old 08-16-2016, 07:57 PM   #13
MVP

Jrocc23's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by jk31
That's the point... I'd rather play without rules and play just basketball. But there are a lot of people out there who are unable to do just that, even in organized leagues.

Our rules are:

- Fastbreaks only after steals and blocks

- in average over a whole season not more than around 50 to 60 points in the paint

- no more than 35 minutes played for a player (we play 4x10 minutes)

that's it...No "you can only take so many 3s a game".

I wasn't saying that was apart of your rules. I am just saying I've seen rules like that and the rules you've mentioned and other ones I feel that's wild over my years. So the ones mentioned is something I can't be apart of even if I dont need to do that.

I feel people that makes these types of rules have a hard time stopping those things. I would not want to worry about my average points in the paint because nobody in the league can stop it when it in fact can be stopped or if I see a fast break opportunity off a miss that I have to be like "dang, I have to walk the ball up." All I worry about is exploits like 2K11s spin dunk and hopsteps. Sure some people do stuff that's annoying but I have to figure it out.

Not really knocking, it's your game and league and like I said that's why it's good to be able to choose likeminded people that can agree w/ rules like that.

NBA 2K11
XtremeXplicit Crew
Ranked

Old 08-17-2016, 01:22 AM   #14
Banned

Spoiler

I'm 50/50 here.

With very skilled players, you don't see the kinda of exploits that the "sim leagues" are trying to prevent.

When i've played with others that are mid-tier but not good in team-up, all it is... and literally ALL they know is RT and run to the basket and warp through the defense.

It's toxic and not fun.
Old 08-17-2016, 02:23 AM   #15
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jrocc23
I wasn't saying that was apart of your rules. I am just saying I've seen rules like that and the rules you've mentioned and other ones I feel that's wild over my years. So the ones mentioned is something I can't be apart of even if I dont need to do that.

I feel people that makes these types of rules have a hard time stopping those things. I would not want to worry about my average points in the paint because nobody in the league can stop it when it in fact can be stopped or if I see a fast break opportunity off a miss that I have to be like "dang, I have to walk the ball up." All I worry about is exploits like 2K11s spin dunk and hopsteps. Sure some people do stuff that's annoying but I have to figure it out.

Not really knocking, it's your game and league and like I said that's why it's good to be able to choose likeminded people that can agree w/ rules like that.

Totally off topic of the thread but I've been in leagues like that back in 2K15 where they had rules like:
No fastbreaks unless it's a steal or a rebound by the PG/SG, no more than 45% PIP, and they had all sorts of limits and minimums on the kind of shots you could take, and how often you had to use certain plays for how to inbound the ball when past half court and all kinds of other obscure stuff.

Really made me mad because I had the Hornets and I played very back to the basket with big Al and I remember torching a guy who was an admin with that and half way through the game he pauses to post in the group chat how I was violating the rules and needed to be banned so I had to pretty much for the rest of the game only score off of jump shots. Ended up losing because I couldn't get anything to go and when I played good D and got a stop I pretty much just had to hold the ball at the top of the key and wait for him to set up his D after a break or else I would be breaking rules.

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-17-2016, 03:36 AM   #16
MVP

Jrocc23's Arena

Cheating in MyLeague Online?

Yep. That's how Chris Smoove was back in 2K11 when people roughed him up in his leagues. He'll find a reason to kick them.

Yeah, it's the worst playing admins because they are the ones that usually make up all this stuff they can't really stop and others just usually join because they want to be in a league. Usually the admin feels he should win every year and when he meets a player that's destroying him, they'll find a way to say you're not playing right.

I had a offer in one league and he had some of the craziest rules I've ever heard. Then before you could get in, he would quiz you about the rules like a test and if you got 10 wrong you failed lol. I was like F that league. But anyways, my bad for being off topic OP.

NBA 2K11
XtremeXplicit Crew
Ranked

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »