Home

Cheating in MyLeague Online?

This is a discussion on Cheating in MyLeague Online? within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-17-2016, 05:51 PM   #17
Hall of Fame

Coach2K's Arena

OVR: 2
Re: Cheating in MyLeague Online?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jk31
That's the point... I'd rather play without rules and play just basketball. But there are a lot of people out there who are unable to do just that, even in organized leagues.

Our rules are:
- Fastbreaks only after steals and blocks
- in average over a whole season not more than around 50 to 60 points in the paint
- no more than 35 minutes played for a player (we play 4x10 minutes)

that's it...No "you can only take so many 3s a game".

And yeah I don't know how he is doing it but here are some of his stats this playoffs (10 games):

Brandon Knight 12.1 PPG 9.1 APG on 60% FG and 52% 3P.
Wes Matthews 16.1 PPG on 57% FG and 48% 3P.
Robin Lopez 17.2 PPG 9.4 RPG on 71% FG
Nikola Mirotic 9.3 PPG in 18 MPG and on 66% FG and 78% 3P (22/28)

That's just crazy... And like I said before his players are playing much more than they should be able to according to the number of timeouts he takes (zero...). All of his opponents players get to around 23/24 Minutes only while his guys get around 30-34 minutes.
I noticed you are only playing 40 minute games. That's going to help with his stamina.

For those guys he plays, maybe he has a bruiser type team which wear opponents out. It's hard to say without looking at the roster. I've played teams before where I'm like why are my guys so tired when they wouldn't normally be so I've seen it happen. Could have something to do with the schedule in the my league too. Scheduling might make guys more tired in the coding. I don't know.

That being said, I think I could go a whole 48 minute game without a timeout. A lot of guys do that surprisingly and it doesn't affect gameplay. If he's subbing that's the most important thing. Timeouts, while I like to see them called are there mainly to generate ad revenue in real life for the most part with exceptions for certain situations. Usually the other guy will call timeouts and that's all the rest you might need.

Some guys save them up towards the end and call two or three in a row to rest up which is annoying.

If you have made him an admin of your league or he made the roster to begin with, he could be cheating but if he isn't I doubt it.

I am not a big fan of rules for gameplay. Most are in place to help people play defense. Yeah PIP can be high, but if you limit it, then people can just press you all game on the perimeter knowing you have to limit yourself. In reality, ALOT of people I play, press the perimeter all game and then they are just asking for it.

I also think that, fast breaks can be stopped with better shot selection on offense. If you limit fast breaks off missed baskets, there's no penalty for poor shot selection.

Best rule in today's world for leagues is suit up and play no matter how the other guy plays and just let the commish keep an eye on the playstyles and eliminate guys that get on guys nerves.

If I were to make any rules, I'd make them about defense and not offense because that's where all the crap is. Zones and presses with wonky defensive settings just kill the game in my opinion.

I know you didn't ask for my philosophy but some guys know the game well and you can give them any team and they'll kick people's butt with it.

Just the way it is.

To watch a fictional MyLeague expansion series with more than 90 episodes click here.

Subscribe to Coach2K's YouTube channel by clicking here.

Visit Coach2K.com for my latest articles.

Last edited by Coach2K; 08-17-2016 at 05:54 PM.
Old 08-17-2016, 08:00 PM   #18
MVP

jk31's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by www.Coach2K.com
I noticed you are only playing 40 minute games. That's going to help with his stamina.

For those guys he plays, maybe he has a bruiser type team which wear opponents out. It's hard to say without looking at the roster. I've played teams before where I'm like why are my guys so tired when they wouldn't normally be so I've seen it happen. Could have something to do with the schedule in the my league too. Scheduling might make guys more tired in the coding. I don't know.
His Lineup:
Brandon Knight/Patrick Mills
Alec Burks/Allen Crabbe
Wesley Matthews/Robert Covington
Kenneth Faried/Nikola Mirotic
Robin Lopez/Boban Marjanovic

Also the effect of stamina/fatigue scales to the minutes played per quarter. The less minutes you play, the greater the fatigue effect on players.

Quote:
I am not a big fan of rules for gameplay. Most are in place to help people play defense. Yeah PIP can be high, but if you limit it, then people can just press you all game on the perimeter knowing you have to limit yourself. In reality, ALOT of people I play, press the perimeter all game and then they are just asking for it.
That's why we say on average over a whole season you should end up with 50% to 60% points in the paint. If you play against an opponent pressing you or denying all your shooters, than you are allowed to score as much in the paint as you need to.

Quote:
Best rule in today's world for leagues is suit up and play no matter how the other guy plays and just let the commish keep an eye on the playstyles and eliminate guys that get on guys nerves.

If I were to make any rules, I'd make them about defense and not offense because that's where all the crap is. Zones and presses with wonky defensive settings just kill the game in my opinion.
That's the problem. Most people don't stream their games so it's hard to look at playstyles besides of the games where oneself plays against them. And it's also hard to make rules regarding defensive settings, you cannot survey it...

Quote:
I know you didn't ask for my philosophy but some guys know the game well and you can give them any team and they'll kick people's butt with it.
Thanks! I well-respect your opinion. It's much appreciated!

Last edited by jk31; 08-17-2016 at 08:07 PM.
Old 08-17-2016, 08:05 PM   #19
MVP

alabamarob's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by jk31
His Lineup:
Brandon Knight/Patrick Mills
Alec Burks/Allen Crabbe
Wesley Matthews/Robert Covington
Kenneth Faried/Nikola Mirotic
Robin Lopez/Boban Marjanovic

That's why we say on average over a whole season you should end up with 50% to 60% points in the paint. If you play against an opponent pressing you or denying all your shooters, than you are allowed to score as much in the paint as you need to.

That's the problem. Most people don't stream their games so it's hard to look at playstyles besides of the games where oneself plays against them. And it's also hard to make rules regarding defensive settings, you cannot survey it...

Thanks! I well-respect your opinion. It's much appreciated!
Stream or "Record". The ps4 and xbox have recording features that dont cause lag. Then they can post after game if need be.

Youtube: 2k Hawks

Settings I play on.
Minutes: 12
Difficulty: HOF
Online or Offline player: Both
In a MLO: Yes

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »