Home

Plays Out of Timeouts

This is a discussion on Plays Out of Timeouts within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-17-2016, 09:24 PM   #1
72-10

MarkWilliam's Arena

OVR: 1
Plays Out of Timeouts

I was having a back and forth with Czar on Twitter about this last year. He basically said he couldn't quite get to it last year - which makes sense considering the amount of work he put into the plays and freelances, aswell as all other AI related things.

But I am hoping there is a bit more depth/emphasis with plays out of a time out. I feel kind of scattered when things come down to a last second shot or 5 seconds to go with a basket needed.

It would be nice to be able to choose a set, choose inbounder (I think this was in 2K12) things of that nature. I know last year all plays with "0.2" in the name meant an immediate shot, but it was just hard to know what the pattern was until you called it.

It would be GREAT to see the play art during a time out - something similar to Madden when you choose a play between downs

If something like this were in the game at some stage it would really add to the excitement of running something when the game is on the line.

Here is a good example of a nice one;

Sorry, dunno how to trim the vid to just the shot.

Anyway..... just something I was thinking. Interested in anyone else's thoughts.

Last edited by MarkWilliam; 08-18-2016 at 02:39 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-17-2016, 09:27 PM   #2
MVP

alabamarob's Arena

OVR: 5
Re: Plays Out of Timeouts

Agreed. You cant even practice the out of bounds plays on demand or pick the ones you want.

Youtube: 2k Hawks

Settings I play on.
Minutes: 12
Difficulty: HOF
Online or Offline player: Both
In a MLO: Yes
Old 08-17-2016, 09:30 PM   #3
72-10

MarkWilliam's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by alabamarob
Agreed. You cant even practice the out of bounds plays on demand or pick the ones you want.

Czar did say something about being able to practice them aswell but again, didn't quite manage to get to it. I think (going off 1 year memory now).

But seeing the play art during the time out is better to me. Saves you from having to know/memorize which plays are the money plays etc.

Plays out of time outs IRL are key when trying to stop a teams momentum aswell. The amount of times a commentator emphasizes the importance.....

Would be great if replicated in 2K.
Old 08-17-2016, 09:54 PM   #4
Hall of Fame

Coach2K's Arena

OVR: 2

You can practice out of bounds plays although it's not the easiest setup.

https://youtu.be/bGFYzD-4Sjo

My problem with out of bounds plays is it seems too easy to score out of a an out of bounds possession.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

To watch a fictional MyLeague expansion series with more than 90 episodes click here.

Subscribe to Coach2K's YouTube channel by clicking here.

Visit Coach2K.com for my latest articles.
Old 08-17-2016, 09:59 PM   #5
72-10

MarkWilliam's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by www.Coach2K.com
You can practice out of bounds plays although it's not the easiest setup.

https://youtu.be/bGFYzD-4Sjo

My problem with out of bounds plays is it seems too easy to score out of a an out of bounds possession.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nice! Thought my memory felt vague on that one.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-17-2016, 10:46 PM   #6
Rookie

Dyslexicphish's Arena

OVR: 0

I think the biggest problem with calling plays out of timeouts is that if you or your opponent press A/X at any time after the timeout is over the players change their positions on the court and the ball is immediately inbounded. Even if you call a play before the skip, the players will be put in different places after someone presses A/X. I know a few plays off the inbound and if I had one in mind I have to scramble for something if there is a skip.
Old 08-18-2016, 03:57 PM   #7
MVP

Kushmir's Arena

OVR: 16

Yes, yes, yes....being able to call a play from the timeout screen is critical and I hope its in this year.
Old 08-18-2016, 07:08 PM   #8
MVP

jk31's Arena

OVR: 0

I remember back in 2k12 and 2k13 you were able to at least select the inbounder, the type of play you wanna run and the player you call the play for. In 2k12 there was no function in this selections but in 2k13 it worked in some way. But you couldn't call a specific play, just play type (like 3pt, midrange, and so on).

Would be cool! At least let us select the inbounder... I remember a game in my leagues summer league (fantasy draft including legends, current players and euroleague players) I was down 2 and I subbed Big Shot Rob(ert Horry) in just for the last shot. He inbounded the ball...

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »