Home

NBA 2K17 Screenshot - Dennis Schröder

This is a discussion on NBA 2K17 Screenshot - Dennis Schröder within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-19-2016, 03:49 PM   #33
Pro

ForeverVersatile's Arena

OVR: 6
Re: NBA 2K17 Screenshot - Dennis Schröder

I agree. Almost everyone they've shown has the wrong body type.

Andre Drumond looks ok from that angle.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 08-19-2016, 03:51 PM   #34
MVP

strawberryshortcake's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by cool318
Alright.. i hope you're just joking around.

This is probably the best screenshot we've gotten of ANY of the players. I've been agreeing with you about the past screenshots with PG+Towns+Jimmy, but come on now. You're basically demanding that these players are perfect.

It's Dennis S.. he's a star nor a superstar. As long as they get the big stars and superstars somewhat good, then i think we should all be happy.

I think we all agree they need to work on the bodies, but i have to disagree with you on this screenshot. This is by far the best screen we've gotten that appears close to the player in real life..
2k17's Schroder vs real life Schroder picture posted above is something one would see in a "before" and "after" picture on a fitness forum.

I know last year people gave WISports a difficult time for constantly pointing out concerns with the player models, but the points he is making are all legitimately valid. WISports cares about authenticity player models, court colors and the like while there are other individuals that places more emphasis on other areas of the game. You can't fault him for that.

Schroder is definitely not the best screen we've gotten so far. Far, far from it. Present 2k17's Schroder screenshot along with the real life Schroder to any amateur art student or 3d modeler and you'd hear some chuckle.

The Goldilocks effect. 2k17 takes the model from one extreme to the other extreme. I'm a little surprised the skinny player model arms were given the green light.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BluFu
Spoiler
Madden/Live Animations Walking, Throwing
Old 08-19-2016, 03:56 PM   #35
Pro

OVR: 0

seems like they just took every players arm muscles and put it into butlers body.

Sent from my SM-N910W8 using Tapatalk
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-19-2016, 04:00 PM   #36
Banned

WISports's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by strawberryshortcake
2k17's Schroder vs real life Schroder picture posted above is something one would see in a "before" and "after" picture on a fitness forum.

I know last year people gave WISports a difficult time for constantly pointing out concerns with the player models, but the points he is making are all legitimately valid. WISports cares about authenticity player models, court colors and the like while there are other individuals that places more emphasis on other areas of the game. You can't fault him for that.
Thank you. And trust me, gameplay is still #1 on my importance list.

The thing that irks me about these body types being so off...or uniforms/courts/skin tones being wrong...is that these should not be that hard to accomplish.

There are tons of screenshots and videos at 2K's disposal to compare these things. How do you look at a real pic of player X and compare it to the model you're creating, and not see (and fix) the major differences in the appearance?

Same goes for court/uni colors. How can some of these be so off?

It isn't like this is the Dreamcast and I'm asking for photo-realistic graphics. I'm (and many others fwiw) is asking for stuff that should be easy to accomplish. Yet it seems like 2K either doesn't care or they just don't have any kind of attention to detail. No offense, but what else can it be?

Like I said, NBA Live player models looked much better...proportionately.

You can't tell me 2K can't do the same.
Old 08-19-2016, 04:05 PM   #37
Bamma

ProfessaPackMan's Arena

OVR: 36

Quote:
Originally Posted by The 24th Letter
Dudes earlobes are waaaaaay off

Come on 2k

#preordercancelled
Schroeder is too dark in the game and as a member of the Brownskin Coalition, I'm offended by this picture and will seriously consider passing up this year if he looks like this in the game.
Old 08-19-2016, 04:10 PM   #38
All Star

ksuttonjr76's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by WISports
Thank you. And trust me, gameplay is still #1 on my importance list.

The thing that irks me about these body types being so off...or uniforms/courts/skin tones being wrong...is that these should not be that hard to accomplish.

There are tons of screenshots and videos at 2K's disposal to compare these things. How do you look at a real pic of player X and compare it to the model you're creating, and not see (and fix) the major differences in the appearance?

Same goes for court/uni colors. How can some of these be so off?

It isn't like this is the Dreamcast and I'm asking for photo-realistic graphics. I'm (and many others fwiw) is asking for stuff that should be easy to accomplish. Yet it seems like 2K either doesn't care or they just don't have any kind of attention to detail. No offense, but what else can it be?

Like I said, NBA Live player models looked much better...proportionately.

You can't tell me 2K can't do the same.
https://www.google.com/search?q=vide...ers+screenshot

Here's a list of video game character...let me know how many characters look like "real life".

The level of "realism" that you asking for is most likely not possible in this current generation of consoles. To me, I think the screenshot looks good minus some "little things", but nothing game breaking.

Last edited by ksuttonjr76; 08-19-2016 at 04:13 PM.
Old 08-19-2016, 04:13 PM   #39
Banned

WISports's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by ksuttonjr76
https://www.google.com/search?q=vide...ers+screenshot

The level of "realism" that you asking for is most likely not possible in this current generation of consoles.
Dang. I didn't know the PS4 or XONE didn't supply them with enough power to make guys' arms different thicknesses. Thanks for setting me straight.
Old 08-19-2016, 04:15 PM   #40
Pro

OVR: 5

Looks good. If you change the body measurements like I did in my 16-17 roster you'd be surprised how similar his body looks to that lol.

PSN: BODYBAGCENTRAL
NBA 2K16: BEST ROSTER 2K17

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »