Home

NBA 2K17 Screenshot - Dennis Schröder

This is a discussion on NBA 2K17 Screenshot - Dennis Schröder within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-19-2016, 08:10 PM   #57
MVP

swac07's Arena

OVR: 4
Re: NBA 2K17 Screenshot - Dennis Schröder

Yeah that Schroeder isnt that good, looks like he is allergic to peanuts and was just fed a bag of peanut m&ms then his face and lips swelled up

Sent from my SM-G925P using Tapatalk
Old 08-19-2016, 08:39 PM   #58
All Star

Smirkin Dirk's Arena

OVR: 6

We're basing purchasing decisions on one close up screenshot that will be irrelevant when we're playing an actual game?

If you want perfect realism, stick to watching the actual NBA.
Old 08-19-2016, 09:03 PM   #59
ERA

The 24th Letter's Arena

OVR: 38

I've never seen an alabamarob thread turn into an argument...like ever...even if we're completely laying into a mechanic. So theres no need to capre for anyone... Its rarely ever the message, its the delivery. Theres a reason we're OS and not the YouTube comment section

But maybe I expect too much in that front.
Old 08-19-2016, 09:04 PM   #60
Rookie

OVR: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by WISports
Anybody who thinks the body model is good needs to see a side by side comparison to the real thing. It's beyond terrible.
Agreed. I don't understand why 2K struggles with bodies so much. That's not skinny.That's anorexic. Skinny guys still have muscle definition. Basketball players are lean, slender, slim... not anorexic.
Old 08-19-2016, 09:10 PM   #61
Pro

hesko's Arena

OVR: 5
Icon14 Re: NBA 2K17 Screenshot - Dennis Schröder

Quote:
Originally Posted by 23
What I do think is that the way its been handled marketing wise has caused a divide at least until we get some actual real meat of whats going on with the game.

I also think they need to cool that hype stuff down and focus. It could have very well started the beginning of the end of that nonsense.

This right here.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-19-2016, 09:47 PM   #62
72-10

MarkWilliam's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
I definitely buy the game, and enjoy it for the most part.

But to me, realism just adds to the experience. And players looking like themselves is a huge part of that.

I have said that the lighting looks much better this year, just going off of what we've seen so far.

But these player models being off is inexcusable IMO. It really is.

They CAN make players arms/legs the same thickness as their real life counterparts. Nobody will convince me of otherwise. Yet they don't. Why?

Stuff like the arm sleeve. You can't tell me they can't make it longer, like they are in real life.

Jimmy Butler's body looks NOTHING like him. Again, why? NBA friggin' Live did a much better job at this. That says a lot.
I hear you. I dunno if I'd go as far as to call it "inexcusable" but I understand it may annoy you more personally.

I do WISH they could find the "happy medium" though.

Saying that, I think KD is a bit too thin in the arms, Butler definitely too bulky. Dennis a little thin etc. etc. but I can't help but wonder, if there are 500 players in the game, maybe a good % of them are closer than these guys.

Perfection is not very reasonable to demand. But I sometimes think about how things that were once good, got worse (off topic - MJ's face). To me, this applies to some of the body issues.
Old 08-19-2016, 09:58 PM   #63
MVP

OVR: 0
How can 2K not see that his arms are way too skinny? Where's the muscle definition?
Old 08-19-2016, 10:07 PM   #64
Rookie

OVR: 0
Quote:
I'll re-post what I posted in another thread, since this thread is about this specific pic.

There's just so much wrong.

They have his face too fat.

They have his arms too skinny.

They have ZERO muscle definition.

They have his arms disproportionate. His arms above his elbow look way too long. What's going on there?

The sleeve doesn't go high enough on his bicep.

The sleeve should reach his wrist, but nope!

This is just sad and quite frankly unacceptable. With all the work 2K puts into these games, it's sad that they don't hold the art dept. accountable for this garbage. Where's some of these guys' pride?
I feel you on everything but I'd focus on the issues with these player models first before the sleeves and other accessories. I've been a Hawks season ticket holder the past couple of years and I gotta say this body on Dennis is downright disrespectful. Let's put it this way, Dennis is 6'1 170-175 lbs, which is lightweight forsure but in this screen he's built like my 15 year old brother who's also 6'1 but he's 145 lbs! I can tell they're trying but it gets to the point where trying isn't good enough when you're supposed to be putting out a top notch product. Some people may not find this to be a big issue but if the games focus is creating an immersive simulation (someone could mistake the game being played on broadcast for an actual live game) then they NEED to do a better job on some of this art. The only person in the league I can think of who's as slim as these KD/Schroeder screenshots is MAYBE Ingram. If they do Giannis like this... (*sigh) do better 2k. Please.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »