Home

2k17 Hairstyles, Ethnicity, Tatoo & Accessories

This is a discussion on 2k17 Hairstyles, Ethnicity, Tatoo & Accessories within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-01-2016, 12:31 PM   #33
Rookie

myathebee's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: 2k17 Hairstyles, Ethnicity, Tatoo & Accessories

Quote:
Originally Posted by MackZillaTV
Yeah because 2K has NEVER patched in haircuts....
True.

I still have my doubts
Old 09-01-2016, 12:35 PM   #34
MVP

MontanaMan's Arena

Eh maybe they'll add some in day 1, maybe they wont.

No way to know and no point in assuming.

What we do know if that there aren't any new ones right now and thats all we can go on.
Old 09-01-2016, 01:23 PM   #35
Formerly known as Barnsey

Barncore's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackMambaTheDream
We definitely need completely new cropped hairstyles.
Those are by far the worst right now imo. If your
player is on skin color 1 they are alright but even
on skin color 2 they dont even look black anymore.
It looks more like dark grey hair and it has that
weird glowing effect ingame (on the court).

That's not the case with actual NBA players in the
game wo have short hair, there is a notable difference
between their hair and the cropped hairstyles on a CAP
or your MyPlayer.

We also are in desperate need of modern haircuts, like
someone already suggested in this thread (curly haircuts
with blonde top). Or hairstyles like Russell Westbrook and
Wesley Matthews had this season to name some examples.

I don't know about you guys, but for me it's so bad
right now that i only want to use high top or fade taper
hairstyles because the short and cropped hairstyles
look SO OFF.
Yeah, the cropped hairstyles are pretty bad. They're too washed out / unsaturated.
I'm surprised they haven't added/fixed some hairstyles considering how popular MyCAREER is
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-01-2016, 02:16 PM   #36
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barnsey
Yeah, the cropped hairstyles are pretty bad. They're too washed out / unsaturated.

I'm surprised they haven't added/fixed some hairstyles considering how popular MyCAREER is

I wish they could just scan some the NBA players hairs style somehow make them as different hairstyles. Like for instance. They could scan Allen Crabbe's Mohawk fade and then add it to the game and have the option of dying the top or. Not

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 09-01-2016, 11:09 PM   #37
Rookie

Going by one of the streams i saw earlier, there doesnt seem to even be tatts for myplayer anymore??

Hope im wrong because that would be really crap, the tattoo system in 2k16 was awesome, loved playing around with it
Old 09-04-2016, 02:44 AM   #38
Rookie

I think overall the CAP models are hideous in this game. Seriously, no amount of left/right stick sculpting, molding, trimming whatever you will etc can achieve a moderately just average looking person. Ever notice how no matter how much sculpting you do, all you get is a guy who looks like the intergalatic lovechild of a Klingon and a Humanoid space traveller? That brow! SO STRONG?!

My god, don't even get me started on how bad any attempt at creating a player of the Caucasian persuasion ends up. I just make myself black.
Old 03-05-2017, 04:44 PM   #39
Rookie

The league has become too diverse in ethnicity for the NBA 2k franchise not to reflect that same diversity in their game in regards to create a player features.
We're talking about a league where people can come from

Africa
Asia
South America
Europe
The West Indian Islands
U.S.A
Middle East
Australia etc....

Every Part of the world offers certain cultural differences and appearances.
Whether it be facial structure, skin tonality, Hair texture, hairstyles etc...
I don't want to stereotype what races "Should look like" but lets be clear, the way that create a player for mycareer is currently constructed, its limited in the way you can represent yourself. I'm challenging the developers to equip the users to be able to have a create a player feature that allows us to be able to make whoever we'd like without feeling limited. I remember in 2k11 when using cyberfaces were all the rage. Why not allow us to be able to use NBA players cyberfaces as well, including a separate tattoo suite so we can select which NBA players tats we wanted on our created player.

Imagine a feature where you could select from

JR Smiths Tatoos

Chris Andersons Tats

LBJ's Tattoos

Monta Ellis Tattoos

You get the point...if i remember correctly i think 2k just settled a lawsuit regarding nba players tattoos
http://www.polygon.com/2016/8/3/1237...es-kobe-bryant
So hopefully moving forward, this concept can come in future games because diversity and options are much needed for CAP & Myplayers in general.

The Hairstyles are dated....as in MY OP...we need at least 100 hairstyles to choose from...At Least 20 Hairstyles Per Major race(White/Black/Indian/Asian?Hispanic) can we get some love in this department 2k...2k18 is the time for change...Lets get this ball rolling fellas.
Old 03-05-2017, 08:55 PM   #40
MVP

Junior Moe's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Breakstarter
The league has become too diverse in ethnicity for the NBA 2k franchise not to reflect that same diversity in their game in regards to create a player features.
We're talking about a league where people can come from

Africa
Asia
South America
Europe
The West Indian Islands
U.S.A
Middle East
Australia etc....

Every Part of the world offers certain cultural differences and appearances.
Whether it be facial structure, skin tonality, Hair texture, hairstyles etc...
I don't want to stereotype what races "Should look like" but lets be clear, the way that create a player for mycareer is currently constructed, its limited in the way you can represent yourself. I'm challenging the developers to equip the users to be able to have a create a player feature that allows us to be able to make whoever we'd like without feeling limited. I remember in 2k11 when using cyberfaces were all the rage. Why not allow us to be able to use NBA players cyberfaces as well, including a separate tattoo suite so we can select which NBA players tats we wanted on our created player.

Imagine a feature where you could select from

JR Smiths Tatoos

Chris Andersons Tats

LBJ's Tattoos

Monta Ellis Tattoos

You get the point...if i remember correctly i think 2k just settled a lawsuit regarding nba players tattoos
http://www.polygon.com/2016/8/3/1237...es-kobe-bryant
So hopefully moving forward, this concept can come in future games because diversity and options are much needed for CAP & Myplayers in general.

The Hairstyles are dated....as in MY OP...we need at least 100 hairstyles to choose from...At Least 20 Hairstyles Per Major race(White/Black/Indian/Asian?Hispanic) can we get some love in this department 2k...2k18 is the time for change...Lets get this ball rolling fellas.
I agree 1000%. There's probably something legal with duplicating the actual tats the players have but we should be given free reign with 2Ks MyCareer stuff. There was a thread a year ago where players showed off their tats utilizing 2K stuff and it was amazing. There's no reason we can't do that with out CAPs. 15 years into ML and no players have tats. That's crazy.

CAP player faces still have that caveman/Neanderthal look. It has improved a good bit but it still has a ways to go. I'm really hoping NBA 2K follows WWE2K here. Now that's a creations suite! You can import faces and mold them; it's not perfect but there's so much variety and creativity.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »