Home

NBA 2K17: Breaking Down the Friction Trailer

This is a discussion on NBA 2K17: Breaking Down the Friction Trailer within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-22-2016, 07:18 PM   #17
Rookie

OVR: 2
Re: NBA 2K17: Breaking Down the Friction Trailer

NBA 2k17 Presentation? How to make the arena’s feeling and look real.
1) Better crowd reactions and Atmosphere
I think this is pretty self-explanatory, I know we can ALL agree on the following statement. NBA 2k15 and NBA 2k16 totally wet the bed when it came to having a crowd that was in-tune with what was happening on the court?

We need a much better crowd system, and not all fans should be doing the same thing when there isn't a celebration! Fans need to be louder, and the sound needs to be in sync with what is happening on the floor!
Add things like: OUU's, AHH's and anti-ref chants in the playoffs (See Toronto Raptors home games).
I can see NBA 2k did add some cool effects last year, example: Crowd leaves early if it’s a blowout. We need more though!

2) Team Bench
So every team in NBA 2k16 and prior has 13 NBA players and just 2 Coaches. That looks lonely and really feels whack to me. NBA 2k has brought me to a point where it is definitely one the best sports game ever, and every year! But it still is missing that final touch of appearance and fullness on the court presentation wise without having ESPN/TNT.

To help correct such issue’s NBA 2K should have 1 NBA Head Coach, 1 NBA Assistant Coach, 1 JR Assistant Coach with the NBA Players sitting at the bench. However they should also add the NBA Team trainer behind the bench (In a suit) alongside a couple more NBA team staff members (1 or two) wearing team related gear such as polo shirts and khaki’s (not in suits).

The bench right now looks empty; I am surprised that this hasn't been addressed yet, especially since we can sign and fire both coaches and trainers in GM/Franchise modes. Also, what about the players who aren't suited or are injured yet travelling with the team, they should also be on the bench or behind and involved.
3) Camera Crew(s)
Where did the Camera crew's go? NBA 2k15 HAD ZERO Camera's under the hoop. I understand it's a safety issue in the real NBA but come on 2k. As the games get bigger, NBA Arena’s should have more camera folks around the hoop and at midcourt on the sideline. NBA Finals always has more, especially from other countries! Maybe create a generic side line commentator behind videotaped in the back ground (from the local station) while players warm up and the NBA 2k broadcast crew are speaking? Also, why is the guy who wipes the NBA floor a 6'3 NBA Player look alike? Show some love for little kids!!!In NBA 2k14 and NBA 2k15 the floor wiper was wearing all black and a hoodie (That is kinda messed up, he was definitely one of the players I played against at the park!)
4) Some fans in the crowd should be moving up and around the isles.

This goes back to better crowds. Fans should be seen moving up and around the arena. Maybe have a system where NBA fans of the visiting team sit closer to that visiting teams bench? I know whenever I travel from Toronto to Detroit to watch a raptors game I tend to find seats closer to that teams bench and I see A LOT more fans doing that.

5) Security Guards around the floor?
Where are the security guards? Atleast have 1 in every corner. Just have them generically with their backs turned towards the floor, watching the fans.

A few more things I feel would help: The isles and rows in the arena seem to be too wide, specifically behind the hoop area. Now I might be asking for too much, and the tunnels are not full enough either. A team shouldn’t be just walking through the tunnel alone. Fans around the tunnel should be standing up and looking at them too and moving.
Post-game interviews are lonely! There needs to be more players on the floor and camera crews and team personnel around when that interview is being conducted after a game (And No, not a silly photo bomb) and the movement of the team players and personnel should increase especially after a big big playoff game or epic finish.

What else do you guys think could help make the NBA 2k Arena's look and feel more realistic?
Old 08-22-2016, 09:15 PM   #18
Rookie

Man2116's Arena

OVR: 0
Mr. iBrampton, you just said everything I was thinking about the stadium and courts of 2K. Way too much empty space.
Old 08-22-2016, 09:57 PM   #19
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Man2116
Mr. iBrampton, you just said everything I was thinking about the stadium and courts of 2K. Way too much empty space.
Glad someone see's it the way I do! I wrote this is a post as well check it out over there and add idea's! I am thinking of trying to reach folks at 2K so maybe they can write some idea's down for NBA 2k18.
Old 08-23-2016, 07:35 AM   #20
Rookie

lvnba's Arena

Quote:
Ryan Spencer: It's low right now. I still am playing and enjoying 2K16, and with so little information out yet there hasn't been much to get excited about for 2K17. My "Big Three" is improved player movement, rebounding enhancements and full-blown online franchise mode
Ryan, you're my guy.
Old 08-23-2016, 10:26 AM   #21
Pro

cmebfresh's Arena

OVR: 8

Yup i'm still playing to. in recent years 2k would of be in a shoe box some where. but when the gameplay comes out, i will probably put it to rest off of jealousy lol

MIAMI ALL THE WAY

MIAMI HEAT
MIAMI DOLPHINS
MIAMI MARLINS
AND THE U
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-23-2016, 10:49 AM   #22
Rookie

OVR: 1
Icon12 Re: NBA 2K17: Breaking Down the Friction Trailer

Trailer is an older build of 2k17. A lot player isn't as updated as the Jimmy Butler screen shoot.
Old 08-23-2016, 10:56 AM   #23
MVP

hanzsomehanz's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mauer4MVP
Yeah I get that, but I think he meant to say the community would rather see gameplay over that. I could be wrong, but I think he just phrased it wrong.
He said exactly that in the quote you shared lol

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Tapatalk
Old 08-23-2016, 08:34 PM   #24
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by pimp2k4
Trailer is an older build of 2k17. A lot player isn't as updated as the Jimmy Butler screen shoot.
I really hope that goes as well for Westbrook

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »