Home

My Lg Online

This is a discussion on My Lg Online within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-02-2016, 08:37 PM   #49
2K OL Legend

amedawg00's Arena

OVR: 15
Re: My Lg Online

Quote:
Originally Posted by KGDunks
We were lied to once again.

Looks like there's no drafts, no free agency and instead we can all channel our inner fantasy basketball in 2K and run keeper leagues. Lol.

I give up. We're never getting an online franchise mode back.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Epyc
lol awsome 2k... Can't get a damn offseason into this damn MLO mode.. Seriously??? 4 years and yall still adding totally irrelevant features? smh.. WE WANT OFFSEASON JUST LIKE OFFLINE MY LEAGUE man come on.

Really dissapointed right now and our whole Crew.
While I too am dissapointed after further research on the concept of "keeper contracts" revealed that 2k did not implement a realistic free agency system for MLO, we can easily work around this with the admin mandating that players under multi year tracts are keepers in addition to players with team options; all of the rest will have to be released into free agency for bidding, including those with player options, after all what player with a player option in real life actually opts in with the ever rising cap?

Now the elephant in the room is whether there is some of salary cap in MLO as well as some type of automated free agency bidding in the offseason. I am not holding my breath so chances are we will resort to cap spreadsheets and simulating an offline myleague free agency for our online franchise league.

I'm going to cut 2k some slack here because they did include an offseason draft with draft class uploads and editing as well as the player progression, regression, and injuries. So the draft lottery is in and confirmed along with continuous seasons. The only thing they short changed us on is a simulation free agency like the offline myleague.

A few years ago, this mode was on life support with barebones online leagues so the mode is definately on the right track and trending upward imo. Hopefully the bullet points outline below are the real deal and not outright fabrications. After all last year, 2k claimed that summer leagues were in MLO and also that there was a feature to continue OLs with roster uploads after said season ended. Both were proven false. Let's keep this thread going in the hopes of getting more clarification about the mode and the admin options in general from the devs that work on ML and MLO.

[XLSL SIX NBA 2K11 Champion]

[NSBA SIV NBA 2K11 Champion]

[NSBA SVI NBA 2K12 Champion]

[SCH SI NBA 2K15 Champion]

[SCH SII NBA 2K15 Champion]

[SCH SIII NBA 2K15 Champion]

[SCH SIV NBA 2K16 Champion]

[SCH SV NBA 2K18 Champion]
Old 09-02-2016, 08:40 PM   #50
MVP

Trackball's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Lowe
There is a draft, scouting etc online. It's been fully integrated.

Keeper contracts are one of a handful of commish options to offer some "fantasy league" elements into the mix. Those are optional.
I'm still not entirely sure what that means. Is it like a franchise tag?

Seriously, I hope you explain what exactly a keeper contract is in your write-up, because I have a MLO planned for me and a friend--we're each taking an expansion team, to make things fair for both of us.
Old 09-02-2016, 08:42 PM   #51
2K OL Legend

amedawg00's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trackball

Seriously, I hope you explain what exactly a keeper contract is in your write-up, because I have a MLO planned for me and a friend--we're each taking an expansion team, to make things fair for both of us.
Expansion teams are in MLO? Thought that was strictly for offline myleague? God, if only we had a Beluba in this thread with a Q&A on what is and isn't in this mode.

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-02-2016, 09:26 PM   #52
Rookie

Epyc's Arena

OVR: 0

Im getting your point but they cant come back with the apologie that they wanted to make the mode more stable because that was what they did last year. So after 4 years they managed to make the mode stable, but couldn't add a "simple" feature like the offseason into the mode.

I don't get this whole working around that mode mentality like "Hey, it's still not the offseason, but at least we put our whole time into this keeper feature, which is still not the free agency but something which we thought you would like".

I would totally understand their point if they would work on something really big and let that mode rest for a couple of years, which they already did since 12. So we can expect a FULL MLO experience after they stabilized the mode last year. This year should include all the Features that they missed out last year, but nope..
Old 09-03-2016, 12:58 AM   #53
All Star

Mike Lowe's Arena

OVR: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trackball

From what we were told on Tuesday, everything in offline is online.

Keeper contracts were made to sound like an option which could be turned on or off and used as a simple replacement for a quicker free agency/draft process for leagues.

That's paraphrasing some language that now seems to be a bit ambiguous, but I'm sticking to the 100% absolute fact that Erick Boenisch said everything offline was now online. They wanted it right or nothing, he said.
Old 09-03-2016, 01:04 AM   #54
MVP

Trackball's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:

Keeper contracts were made to sound like an option which could be turned on or off and used as a simple replacement for a quicker free agency/draft process for leagues.

That's paraphrasing some language that now seems to be a bit ambiguous, but I'm sticking to the 100% absolute fact that Erick Boenisch said everything offline was now online. They wanted it right or nothing, he said.
Okay, that's good news, but I'm still not 100% sure, and I probably won't be until the 16th.

That said, thank you. Maybe there's hope for my MLO after all.
Old 09-03-2016, 07:34 AM   #55
MVP

OVR: 9

Guys just relax, take your seats and try to enjoy what we get here..

Either way with all those admin configurations(keepers etc.) and stuff we have our tools more than ever and a solid bug-free mode. That's all we need, stop worrying. After last year and team that has worked for MyLeague Online i'm confident and will be happy to get what they reserved for us eventhough they make no extra cash out of these modes..

Still what i want to know is whether we can reset Playoff rounds and games that is finished that's a bigger problem on my side of view?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-03-2016, 07:39 AM   #56
2K OL Legend

amedawg00's Arena

Quote:

Man I hope this is true and that the keeper contracts are just an option to be used or not used for those of us that want an authentic free agency that the offline myleague uses for online. @leftos @simballer @davez , can we PLEASE get some clarification on this?

I wonder if we will get a blog on this mode or if 2k is counting simballers announcement of the expansion team stuff early in the summer as the de facto myleague and myleague online blog, which would be unfortunate. After all we know they worked on more stuff than just lg expansion on the mode.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »