Home

NBA 2k17 Pro AM/Crew Mode

This is a discussion on NBA 2k17 Pro AM/Crew Mode within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-22-2016, 05:15 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0

Now that the Road to the Finals is coming to an end, I think that 2K should start focusing on what the the next step is for online myplayer entertainment should look like. Although i wasn't a big fan of pro am because of its limitations, i remember playing crew mode in 2k10 & 2k11, thinking to myself
"We had everything we ever wanted on that mode, why did 2k take this away from us?" Even with Pro Am mode, it's still a watered down version of crew mode at it's best. Even down to the way you qualify just didnt make sense at all. People just figured out that all you needed was to a have low overall rating and beat a higher overall team to qualify. 2K has to do better next year because what they basically asked every team to try and do was play against teams, and hope to god that the other team would sit there and get blown out and not quit the game. In a fight if someone doesn't wanna fight anymore, they tap out or quit. You have to reward people for making the opponent tap out. No one is gonna sit there and take a royal *** whooping just so YOU can qualify.

For 2k17 and beyond, i say we bring back Crew mode in its entirety. when i say that i mean everything we had back in 2k10 & 2k11 and thensome:

2K17 Crew Mode
1)5 minute quarters
2)7 timeouts per team
3)Games Played in Customizable arenas
4)Customizable sounds for each arena
5)Customizable shoes that can be worn for crew mode
6)15-20 Roster spots per crew
7)Detailed Stat Tracking & leaderboards for Crew mode
8)Detailed Stat Tracking within each crew to keep track of who's leading the team in pts, rebs, assist..etc
9)Customizable playbooks for crew mode(Being able to choose from any teams playbook current or historic.
10)My Player of the game
11)Play of the Game
12)Being able to show in the upper right hand corner of your screen which badges are being used while playing just like in mycareer.
13)This is Major..PLEASE FOR THE LOVE OF ALL THINGS SACRED,
Bring back commentary for Crew mode...it's been dead in the Jordan Rec Center, The Park & This year in Pro Am mode.

14)PA Announcer needs to able to be heard during the games. Half the thrill of scoring is hearing the announcer call your name after a big bucket. Try bringing in more than one PA announcers.

15)We also Need to increase the nicknames and the names in general that you guys have on file. We need more ethnic names than the ones that are on file.
meaning try more black names, and more russian names, and more asian names and more hispanic and more latvian names and more african names in 2k17. Its 2016...we shouldn't have to struggle with finding a name that identifies with the race or culture you come from.

16)We need to have it so that matchmaking can be set up easily. If you just came across a good crew and you want to set it up with them, it should be as easy everyone lining up in the same lobby and pressing start.

17)MyPlayer of the week, Myplayer of the month, Defensive player of the week,
rebounding champ of the week...hell, we need something to play for. Even after road to the finals is done, there needs to be an incentive for people to still play this mode. Come up with rivalries and bonuses for beating a rival.

18)Have the commentators mention at the start of the game if there are key players on the opponents team to look out for if they are hot/cold or if the oppenet has been on a winning streak or losing streak. If the opponent has lockdown defender whos been on a tear with steals or a Shot blocker who's manning the paint with his/her life, let it be known.

19)Bring back the Website from 2k10/11 we used to have that had the community attached with every crew thats been playing, their stats for every game, and who played in each game.

20)Have the leaderboards and qualifying for Road to the finals or whatever Esport game mode be based off of the quality of the opponent and also take into account of teams that quit. Quitting should benefit the winner, not take away from them.

21)Have The badge system work so that lets say if you play Mycareer, and you unlock dimer, you can only have it on bronze. Playing Crew Mode, based off the way that you play, if you average 10 assists per game for 25 games you can unlock the silver dimer badge online and then average 10 assists per game for 50 games you get gold dimer online.

22)Bring back The Catch and Shoot Badge as an Online only badge and make it so that the person receiving said badge is earning it based off of consistently coming of screens and shooting or always has their feet set when taking a shot and off those shots this person is shooting 50% and better from mid range and three point line in Pro AM mode.

23)Bring back Customizable shots like in the past so everyone can stop using the same tired old shots like LaMarcus Aldridge/70/22/MJ/Rudy Gay/Damian Lillard. Make the Ray Allen shot and the Carmelo Anthony work again. Those two shots used to be soooo water. Ever since 2k15 both of those shots have been broken. Hell, just make it so ANY and EVERY SHOT if timed correctly has the same chance of going in as the next. There shouldn't be OP jumpshots in this game. It should be strictly a preference.

24)Make it so that in Pro Am and every other mode that steals arent as easy as they were this year.

25)Multiple GM's/Owners for a crew so that if one isnt online your team can still play. The Original Owner of the team should never be able to be kicked by an admin.

26)MyCrew Online Leagues-This is something that is way overdue, just come up with a format where teams can join leagues and have seasons and championships and incentives to play for outside of just playing with your friends. I'll leave that up to you guys. Base it off of Myleague if need be.

27)Unlock Special layup packages and dunk packages(sprite dunk packages/Jamal Crawford/John Wall layup based off the style of Myplayer you have and how well you finish at the rack. All positions should be able to unlock all layups and dunks, but increase the amount of dunks and layups for centers and power forwards to be completed.

Thats all i have for now, but if anyone has any addition, please feel free to add to this list and hopefully the devs see this and make this a reality for us.

Last edited by Breakstarter; 05-22-2016 at 05:24 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-22-2016, 06:23 PM   #2
MVP

Jrocc23's Arena

OVR: 6

Agree 100% w/ everything in this post.

I can tell you was a OG crew head from mentioning the website 2K used to have lol. You used to be able to look at old games box scores, replays and etc.

I think you've hit on everything. Also something that I would like for all online games like Ranked games, Crew games, teamups etc is to be able to go to the boxscore and hit X I believe (Xbox) and view the highlights after games like you used to and also be able to look back at the game track replays from throughout the whole game. Now when a game ends you can't even see player of the game highlights.

But great post.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

NBA 2K11
XtremeXplicit Crew
Ranked

Check us out: http://www.youtube.com/jroccdagameboy
Old 05-22-2016, 07:05 PM   #3
Banned

SirGaryColeman's Arena

Re: NBA 2k17 Pro AM/Crew Mode

I really think online play should be the focus. 2k is behind the times ... no online game should require as much work/time to get a game going as 2k does.

I have spent 30min+ just trying to play the damn thing. No other gaming community would accept this.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N915A using Tapatalk
Old 05-23-2016, 07:41 PM   #4
Rookie

I just remembered something else that would make this game more enjoyable.
The return of the Draft combine! this was by far one of the best features for 2k10 because it was released a month before the game came out that year and you got to build your Myplayer up and play him in the summer leagues to see where he could get drafted at in mycareer. How awesome would that be if they allowed you to do that again? Do you remember how the OTHER game allowed us to play their version of Pro Am and get his overral to an 80?
Well i believe if 2k worked their magic and somehow could get us to be able to work on our myplayers in summer leagues and AAU tournaments, that some how someway based on how well you perform, you can determine how well you do in the draft.

What would be even better is if we could play against each other in the Park & jordan rec center/pro am/crew mode with the players that we've made. none of the wins would count once the game officially came out, but we could all get a feel of how the game is played and what we need to improve on once that game is out.

Speaking of which....

Why can't we go back to focusing on playstyles to differentiate between players? It seems everyone is the same out here. My thing is this, Every players goal is to get as well rounded as possible in every area of basketball as possible. 2k should not cap myplayers ceilings on how the final product of the myplayer turns out to be.

for example...
Kawhi Leonard starts of as a lockdown defender. After a few years working on his game he turns into a an efficient 3 point shooter and well rounded basketball player.

http://www.draftexpress.com/profile/Kawhi-Leonard-5821/

i'm not saying this is the norm, nor am i saying every nba player has the drive to better themselves, but it should be reflected in the game that just because you make a play style that you have to stick it and cant be good at more than one thing.

Like take Russell Westbrook for instance, there have been quite a few guards that were pretty good at rebounding before him, and I'm sure there will be more that come after him that will excel in that category as well. But the fact of the matter is that Russy has the athleticism and drive to want to go after rebounds, so that if you create a myplayer and focus your attribute points on rebounds, you should be able to snag a few boards a game amongst the trees to make your player stand out from the pack.
Old 05-23-2016, 07:51 PM   #5
Rookie

I saw this in another thread and it makes sense..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ray Vibes
I wish there was a way to search for teams that have 5 players in pro am. Being at the 4, I always get stuck guarding a computer.

Quote:
Originally Posted by A6_Foul_Out
Yup. I would rather not play, than be forced to play computers. I want matchmaking that makes sense.

If my team ranked 1-200... with 5 99 players. I will gladly wait a few extra minutes not to get matched up with 3 players two computers and a 70 overall team.
The Matchmaking system should allow you to only play against the amount of people you have searching...so lets say you only have 3 members on, you should have the option to search
3 vs 3 crew
4 vs 4 crew
5 vs 5 crew

and in doing so allows you to enjoy your game without having to deal with those pesky cpu players.
Playing 3 vs 3 versus playing 5 vs 5 crew should be a big difference as well. The way you rank up in the leaderboards should reward those who play with 5, more so than playing crews with 3 or 4 people on because having a full team is the way this game is meant to be played.

Last edited by Breakstarter; 05-23-2016 at 07:55 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-23-2016, 08:36 PM   #6
Banned

SirGaryColeman's Arena

I would like to be able to level up my guy purely online... I hate having to earn badges and all that in offline mycareer.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N915A using Tapatalk
Old 05-24-2016, 10:33 AM   #7
Rookie

acetheredcomet's Arena

I would add:

back to back timeouts will get a player a technical foul, 2 will get you booted.

player size mismatches more paramount, PF on PG/SG = easy post bucket, PG/SG on C should let the guard breeze by on the 3 line for a inside score. if the PG/SG are too close, the C can make up for it on inside defense.
Old 05-24-2016, 01:06 PM   #8
Rookie

twebb5896's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Breakstarter
I just remembered something else that would make this game more enjoyable.
The return of the Draft combine! this was by far one of the best features for 2k10 because it was released a month before the game came out that year and you got to build your Myplayer up and play him in the summer leagues to see where he could get drafted at in mycareer. How awesome would that be if they allowed you to do that again? Do you remember how the OTHER game allowed us to play their version of Pro Am and get his overral to an 80?
Well i believe if 2k worked their magic and somehow could get us to be able to work on our myplayers in summer leagues and AAU tournaments, that some how someway based on how well you perform, you can determine how well you do in the draft.

What would be even better is if we could play against each other in the Park & jordan rec center/pro am/crew mode with the players that we've made. none of the wins would count once the game officially came out, but we could all get a feel of how the game is played and what we need to improve on once that game is out.

Speaking of which....

Why can't we go back to focusing on playstyles to differentiate between players? It seems everyone is the same out here. My thing is this, Every players goal is to get as well rounded as possible in every area of basketball as possible. 2k should not cap myplayers ceilings on how the final product of the myplayer turns out to be.

for example...
Kawhi Leonard starts of as a lockdown defender. After a few years working on his game he turns into a an efficient 3 point shooter and well rounded basketball player.

http://www.draftexpress.com/profile/Kawhi-Leonard-5821/

i'm not saying this is the norm, nor am i saying every nba player has the drive to better themselves, but it should be reflected in the game that just because you make a play style that you have to stick it and cant be good at more than one thing.

Like take Russell Westbrook for instance, there have been quite a few guards that were pretty good at rebounding before him, and I'm sure there will be more that come after him that will excel in that category as well. But the fact of the matter is that Russy has the athleticism and drive to want to go after rebounds, so that if you create a myplayer and focus your attribute points on rebounds, you should be able to snag a few boards a game amongst the trees to make your player stand out from the pack.
Then how do you propose we balance the players? If we don't put a "ceiling" on how good a player with a selected height/playstyle can be everyone would just make a max height sf or C and be able to do anything they want. Sound familiar?

Also the examples aren't very good either, Kawhi Leonard did improve as a 3 point shooter but is a very average ball handler and passer. Westbrook developed great guard skills to compliment his athleticism but he is anew abysmal 3 point shooter with questionable decision making.

What I'm trying to say is every player has strengths and weaknesses, caps are a necessity because even the best players have a weak spot in their game and that should be reflected in our created players.

Last edited by twebb5896; 05-24-2016 at 01:14 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »