Home

NBA2K17 - Fatigue system

This is a discussion on NBA2K17 - Fatigue system within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-07-2016, 04:24 PM   #57
Pro

TheDuggler's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: NBA2K17 - Fatigue system

Quote:
Originally Posted by BezO
30 moves? Nah. But players over dribble all the time. They do it so much, there's a phrase for it. Over dribbling.

If it takes 30 moves to induce a "penalty", cool, I'll never see it. But it's been implied that it won't take that much. At this point, we can only speculate. And for an offline gamer like myself, I'm sure access to the additional sliders they spoke of can address this if necessary.
What happens when somebody overdribbles in real life? Bad plays? Bad Shots?

What do you think is going to happen with this system? People who dribble the ball all the time will take bad shots and make bad plays.
Old 09-07-2016, 05:59 PM   #58
MVP

OVR: 0

How many more years until they figure out fatigue?
Old 09-07-2016, 06:19 PM   #59
MVP

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by BezO
10 minutes? No. But I've done some extended dribbling drills and wasn't taxed. And I wasn't a world class athlete.

We're talking minutes vs what, 10-15 seconds or so of over dribbling? I don't care how much you over dribble on one possession, it shouldn't tax you.

Now, I'm all for penalizing non ball handlers for over dribbling. But the Irvings of the league shouldn't be fatigued for over dribbling on any single possession.
There would probably be more fatigue when going full speed using full explosiveness in multiple directions against multiple world-class athletes than performing a simple dribbling drill. A player wouldn't get winded in one possession but the intense repetitive dribbling might be enough to affect their shot, and the effect would compound as a player does that continually.

That said it seems 2K sort of lumped the loss of focus, accuracy and control from over dribbling and exertion into their "short term fatigue" model. I wonder if the zig-zag cheese prevention mechanic still exists separately from the short-term fatigue mechanic.

It might be better if dribble fatigue was thought of or named something like "Focus". Fatigue tends to suggest pure physical tiredness, while something like over-dribbling before shooting might also involve loss of accuracy and stability due to mental concentration, repetitive motions in a short period, and elevated breathing.

Last edited by Sundown; 09-07-2016 at 06:32 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »