Home

Here's everything I'd rather hear about than cinematic trailers

This is a discussion on Here's everything I'd rather hear about than cinematic trailers within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-23-2016, 10:56 AM   #1
Pro

NoLeafClover's Arena

OVR: 0
Here's everything I'd rather hear about than cinematic trailers

Feel free to add your own:

- Fix 0 - 0 losses "arbitration" issue in Myteam

- MyPlayer Attribute upgrades back to individual stats rather than "bucket system" for more variety of builds

- Better AI teammate defense in MyCareer

- Better AI transition defense after made baskets

- Players not always fouling on spammed pump fakes

- Ability to add/remove accessories to existing players

- Removal of "locked in" celebration animations after scoring

- Reduced down time between games in Mypark (something to do while waiting, maybe a practice court you're loaded onto that you can shoot around while waiting?)

- More chances and reasons to use a wider variety of players in Myteam instead of everyone using the same top rated ones

- MyTeam replayability for Road to the Playoffs

- Less time spent "not playing" the game, e.g waiting for ref to inbound the ball, in game stat overlays, time outs taking too long, unskippable cutscenes etc etc)

- Playbook and saved controller schemes randomly resetting and disappearing

- Ability to set and save standard line up/bench substitution/point of emphasis/camera angle etc in all game modes so doesn't need to be set in game EVERY damn time

- Directional passing needs to be way more accurate, it was better years ago and goes to the wrong person even if you change setting from "default" to "direction"

- Alley oop success more accurate depending on situation

- Big men getting blocked less by tiny point guards

- Passing faster and crisper depending on passing ability of player; general reduction of "floaty" slow passes at close range unless lob pass button is pressed

- Body types - more variety in general; body sliders would be ideal

- Rec Center reintroduction or ability to earn rep within Pro AM (maybe "friendly mode"?)

- Ability to join friends' MyPark from main menu instead of loading into Park, then loading into another park

- More realistic Loose Ball situations instead of the ball going back to the offense 99% of the time for an instant score

- Fix" directors cut" replays lasting for like 2 seconds and thus being pointless

- Big men able to dunk on tiny point guards on post mismatches

- Make smaller players more viable finishing layups (Iverson etc are really underpowered in 2K, maybe an "elusiveness" rating that avoids blocks?)

- Scaling back of "momentum" cheese where all the personality badges of star players combine when losing to make them hit unrealistic contested shots

- Increase impact of fatigue on players to punish continual turbo/sprint spamming

- All Star weekend (dunk contest etc) accessible from main menu, its already in the game but we can only access the content halfway through a season? Stupid.

- Better ability to draw charging fouls if people are spamming turbo again

- Online leagues and lobbies to join

- Less interceptions from players not facing the ball

- Ability to call plays in Gauntlet/switch match ups of players

- Weight of players needs to matter

- Lock dribble animations based on ball handling skill (centers shouldn't be able to use Steph Curry size ups etc)

- players like Dennis Rodman able to actually grab a rebound as opposed to height meaning everything
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-23-2016, 01:44 PM   #2
MVP

CaseIH's Arena

OVR: 9
Re: Here's everything I'd rather hear about than cinematic trailers

Definitely some things I would like to know rather than seeing movie trailers that dont really tell you anything. But this is how NBA2k does things, they show off what they are good at, which is just good marketing, because the average consumer is brainwashed so to speak, kind of like with politics,lol. So hard to blame them for ding what works with what seems to be working for them.

Personally I do enjoy the trailers, but dont buy based on it. What I want to know is about My League/ My GM, and if simulated stats in those modes have been worked on, along with the improvements in those modes. Seems me and people like me are int he minority now days as most are all about online. Us old folks who help make NBA2k have grown useless to them, since it based towards the younger generation. Which while frustrating to me, I suppose its just good business, even though the people who help them build their game get the shaft so to speak. Not that I believe online gaming is bad, in some aspects its help improve the gameplay and a smarter AI, I just wish they put more effort into the offline modes, to take care of us who originally helped them grow as a company.

Favorite teams:
MLB- Reds/ and whoever is playing the Cubs
NBA- Pacers
NFL- Dolphins & Colts
Old 08-23-2016, 02:05 PM   #3
MVP

Black Bruce Wayne's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaseIH
Definitely some things I would like to know rather than seeing movie trailers that dont really tell you anything. But this is how NBA2k does things, they show off what they are good at, which is just good marketing, because the average consumer is brainwashed so to speak, kind of like with politics,lol. So hard to blame them for ding what works with what seems to be working for them.

Personally I do enjoy the trailers, but dont buy based on it. What I want to know is about My League/ My GM, and if simulated stats in those modes have been worked on, along with the improvements in those modes. Seems me and people like me are int he minority now days as most are all about online. Us old folks who help make NBA2k have grown useless to them, since it based towards the younger generation. Which while frustrating to me, I suppose its just good business, even though the people who help them build their game get the shaft so to speak. Not that I believe online gaming is bad, in some aspects its help improve the gameplay and a smarter AI, I just wish they put more effort into the offline modes, to take care of us who originally helped them grow as a company.
We are started playing these sports games as kids. It very unrealistic to ask 2k or EA to just focus on us jaded/cynical older guys on a web forum. I agree with you, however you cant just exclude the youth. Its a balance and I do see that they try to cater to everyone
Old 08-23-2016, 02:23 PM   #4
MVP

CaseIH's Arena

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black Bruce Wayne
We are started playing these sports games as kids. It very unrealistic to ask 2k or EA to just focus on us jaded/cynical older guys on a web forum. I agree with you, however you cant just exclude the youth. Its a balance and I do see that they try to cater to everyone

Wasnt saying they should cater to us older gamers that made them become successful. Just would like to see more effort too balance things out, as of now its almost all based towards the online community. To some degree online has helped the gameplay progress, but its taken its toll in some areas of the offline modes. Like for instance simulated stats in the offline modes have not been good, although they were some slight improvement in that area last yr. Im hopeful this yr they finally get it right, same goes with AI subbing players in and out correctly, which they use to do very well years ago.

Favorite teams:
MLB- Reds/ and whoever is playing the Cubs
NBA- Pacers
NFL- Dolphins & Colts
Old 08-23-2016, 02:26 PM   #5
Banned

OVR: 6

More detailed stats for Pro-AM/MYPark players, I want to see everyone's average teammate grade and FG%.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-23-2016, 03:33 PM   #6
Banned

Wow. No **** bro.

COOLPOSTMAAN
Old 08-23-2016, 06:29 PM   #7
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaseIH
Wasnt saying they should cater to us older gamers that made them become successful. Just would like to see more effort too balance things out, as of now its almost all based towards the online community. To some degree online has helped the gameplay progress, but its taken its toll in some areas of the offline modes. Like for instance simulated stats in the offline modes have not been good, although they were some slight improvement in that area last yr. Im hopeful this yr they finally get it right, same goes with AI subbing players in and out correctly, which they use to do very well years ago.
Ps4 and Xbox one you have to be online to play, am i right? When you say offline...at what point are you playing this game offline? hell, you're even online while writing on this forum. You can't post on Operation Sports while offline, can you? Even during the Dreamcast era, we were in the infant stages of being an online game.

So at what point do you want 2k to address this offline focus for you my friend?
Old 08-23-2016, 06:51 PM   #8
Rookie

So you just created a 2k17 wish list thread.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »