Home

NBA 2K17 Player Rating - Andre Drummond = 87

This is a discussion on NBA 2K17 Player Rating - Andre Drummond = 87 within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-23-2016, 11:13 PM   #17
MVP

Pokes404's Arena

OVR: 10
Re: NBA 2K17 Player Rating - Andre Drummond

Quote:
Originally Posted by barond57
I can't remember which live it was, but the best player was Jordan at 93. I really wish we'd go to that scale
2K could rework the scale so that 99 OVR players become 93 OVR players, but they'd still play exactly the same. The number itself doesn't matter, it's how that number translates to gameplay. Afterall, the 93 OVR Jordan in Live might have been more dominating than the 99 OVR Jordan in 2K. The scale, and what the numbers actually mean, is what's important, not how high/low the number is.

I'm always reminded of This is Spinal Tap when this discussion comes up. https://youtu.be/uMSV4OteqBE?t=1m18s
Old 08-24-2016, 01:37 AM   #18
Just started!

OVR: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheVinylHippo
He can't hit free throws, sure. Everyone knows that and he must improve going forward, for his own sake if not for anything else. However, he is a prolific rebounder, a very good rim protector and possesses an underrated offensive game getting better by the year, which is demonstrated by de5m0n's uninformed post. I'm not going to pretend like he's Hakeem Olajuwon, but he's much better on the offensive end than he's given credit for.

Anyway, if he plays like the Big Penguin, the overall rating doesn't mean a thing.
Please, He is overrated. He is improved in offense, has a a little hook shot but has no otre low post move. He is the worst FT shooter ever. Is a beast at rebounding, overrated on defense, especially in the pick and roll situation. He should be 84 ovr
Old 08-24-2016, 03:53 AM   #19
Pro

isdatyt's Arena

People forget that positions factor into ratings. I don't think we can gauge his rating until we see where other centers are. Drummond likely has a 97-98 rebound rating on both ends which would hugely inflate a center's rating. I believe Deandre was an 84 out the box in 2K16 and I would say, even though they play similarly, last season Drummond was a little more polished than him. Also, while I did not watch many DET games, I, a LeBron stan, watched every game of that series, and when CLE couldn't get him in foul trouble, he was a nightmare on the defensive end.

I'll reserve my opinion for when I see other big men's ratings. I'm expecting Boogie to be in the low 90s as the premier big man in the league. Tristan Thompson in the 85ish range (Hopefully his amazing PnR defense translates to this game). Dwight finally dipping to 81ish. If the numbers end up close to my predictions, I think I'm okay with Drummond getting an 87.
Old 08-24-2016, 07:59 AM   #20
MVP

OVR: 19
Re: NBA 2K17 Player Rating - Andre Drummond = 87

With my player edits I have Andre Drummond at 86 Overall (Athletic Glass Cleaner, from Defensive Star).

2K16 Attributes of note

91 Offensive Rebound - he was 2nd in league w/ 15.6 ORB% and by scale he is surprisingly underrated here. He is 2nd all-time in ORB% (16.8%) behind only Dennis Rodman (17.2%) and ahead of Moses Malone (16.4%). Clearly he should be maxed out here.

80 Post Control - his PPP here is 0.73 (27% of possessions). He is Dwight Howard tier and that's not a good thing. Inflated for OVR/goodwill 2K ambassador points.

70 On-Ball Defense
88 Post Defense
90 Defensive Consistency
83 Pick & Roll Defense
93 Help Defense

The Pistons ranked 12th in the league defensively. While that is much improved from 19th, 25th, and 24th (DET rankings the previous 3 seasons of Drummond's career), he still has a ways to go to be an elite defensive center. Most of Drummond's defensive value comes from taking away opponent's offensive rebounds, not from getting stops or making high-caliber rotations. Joakim Noah he is not.

69 Steal - And yet with all that said, 2K somehow glossed over Drummond's excellent steal rate (2.3%) for a big man. Very few centers ever post a steal rate > 2%.

85 Offensive Consistency - Bruh ya averaged 16 PPG and 0.8 APG as the 2nd option of a playoff team... and that's with all the extra freebies from Hack-a-Drummond.
http://youtube.com/real2krosters

Last edited by Real2KInsider; 08-24-2016 at 08:14 AM.
Old 08-24-2016, 08:56 AM   #21
DC
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 39
Re: NBA 2K17 Player Rating - Andre Drummond

Quote:
Originally Posted by de5m0n
Seems right maybe even too high. Got almost no offensive game apart from dunks.
You know you don't know what overrated means unless you have something else to compare it to right?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-24-2016, 10:25 AM   #22
Rookie

OVR: 7
Being a die hard piston fan can definitely respect this rating drummond has come a long way as far as his offense goes hes there is still room for improvement defensively as well defending the pick and roll hes been working on his free throws since his off-season began hopefully it shows stan the man did say they found somethat could help in that regard.
Old 08-24-2016, 03:59 PM   #23
Banned

SirGaryColeman's Arena

Tim Duncan in his prime is like an 86 in All Star Team Up mode....
Old 08-24-2016, 04:06 PM   #24
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by SirGaryColeman
Tim Duncan in his prime is like an 86 in All Star Team Up mode....
Thats Rookie TD not MVP Duncan...

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »