Home

Curry unfair in 2k17?

This is a discussion on Curry unfair in 2k17? within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-25-2016, 12:28 AM   #73
MVP

LeBronistheKing's Arena

OVR: 6
Re: Curry unfair in 2k17?

Quote:
Originally Posted by KGDunks
Yet switches did nothing to him in the regular season, no matter how athletic the big was.

The last five minutes of the finals say it all for me. He takes a number of shocking deep shots after dribbling in circles because he is unable to blow by to the basket like he normally would. Anytime a big switched onto him in the regular season, he'd get to the rim fairly often with ease, and if he didn't he was probably launching a three with plenty of separation.

Guys like Tristan Thompson shouldn't be able to shut down Curry one on one in 2K.

Last time I checked 360 dunks don't really test out your lateral quickness. Curry's issues were with moving side to side.

I'm really not sure what you're trying to prove here by being a typical Cavs fan since the finals and gloating about how Curry was shut down in the finals. It has nothing to do with 2K17 at all. You're trying to equate one bad injury riddle series with his in-game ability. That makes no sense whatsoever. Thank god 2K doesn't listen to you.
I'm not gloating. I'm trying to prove that they are over rating his abilities and attributes. However I shouldn't be surprised as I stated 2k is a Northern California based company.
Old 08-25-2016, 12:41 AM   #74
Banned

KGDunks's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeBronistheKing
I'm not gloating. I'm trying to prove that they are over rating his abilities and attributes. However I shouldn't be surprised as I stated 2k is a Northern California based company.
How are they overrating his abilities? You're just talking BS. Up until his MVP season, 2K hardly cared about Curry. Still had a generic as, slow as anything jumpshot and his face looked pretty weird.

He still was the MVP, and is comfortably a top 3 player in the game. His ratings are fine. He doesn't play like superman in the game, so not sure what the issue is.

Last edited by KGDunks; 08-25-2016 at 12:46 AM.
Old 08-25-2016, 12:48 AM   #75
Rookie

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by eko718
Easy, Derrick Rose (even at present) and Brandon Jennings. Stephen Curry is not fast, he is quick. Curry is not effective in the league because he outruns everyone on the court; that has never been true with him.
Brandon Jennings is not faster than Curry. Especially after all his injuries. Same with Rose.

Curry is quick, but he isn't slow. He's the fastest player on the Knicks/Warriors.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-25-2016, 12:50 AM   #76
Rookie

OVR: 8

Quote:
How are they overrating his abilities? You're just talking BS. Up until his MVP season, 2K hardly cared about Curry. Still had a generic as, slow as anything jumpshot and his face looked pretty weird.

He still was the MVP, and is comfortably a top 3 player in the game. His ratings are fine. He doesn't play like superman in the game, so not sure what the issue is.
Hint: Name is LeBronistheKing, Cavs avatar, joined in 2010. Fill in the blanks about his true motives.
Old 08-25-2016, 01:00 AM   #77
MVP

CaseIH's Arena

OVR: 9

Quote:
Bigs like Towns, Thompson etc should have maybe a bit of success, but if they're switching onto him possession after possession, if they're checking him close Curry should be able to blow by with ease. It happened all year.

Yep, it was clear Curry wasnt at full strength. I do think the Cavs and their coaching staff deserve a lot of credit too for what they accomplish. I believe even a healthy Curry they would have been able to contain with some success, but not to the extent they did. Curry had trouble getting by Love some if I remember correctly, been so long and my memory isnt what it use to be, but seems I remember Love staying with him a few times and even poking the ball away from him a time or 2.
Again dont want to take away anything from the Cavs, they came back from a 3-1 deficit, and all can debate whether Curry's health wasnt 100%, or if Green hadnt got suspended the Cavs wouldnt have won, and maybe so, but lets also remember the year before when Lebron basically by himself took the Warriors to 6 games, and he had no help and wasnt healthy himself.
Maybe we will get a Rd 3 this year and both teams are at full strength for the entire series and will see the winner of the rubber match.

Favorite teams:
MLB- Reds/ and whoever is playing the Cubs
NBA- Pacers
NFL- Dolphins & Colts
Old 08-25-2016, 01:10 AM   #78
The Answer

Dmanning2's Arena

As someone who watched a least 60plus warriors league pass game I was in the camp that agreed with a Curry 99 overall last year.
After his finals performance (didn't play that well in 2015 finals either) I don't think he deserves a 99 overall and don't think he should be "unfair" out of the box.

During the regular season if he dominating again sure give him a roster update.

In regardless to the "curry was injured" narrative I'm calling it BS, when he dropped 40 in G4? no one mentioned he was injured. He struggles in G7 the media blames it on injures. I'm not buying all the flip floping
Old 08-25-2016, 01:15 AM   #79
Rookie

SteveQ's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by raidertiger
Brandon Jennings is not faster than Curry. Especially after all his injuries. Same with Rose.

Curry is quick, but he isn't slow. He's the fastest player on the Knicks/Warriors.
Derrick Rose is still faster than Curry. And quicker. But curry's speed shouldn't be underestimated.
Old 08-25-2016, 01:27 AM   #80
Banned

KGDunks's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dmanning2
As someone who watched a least 60plus warriors league pass game I was in the camp that agreed with a Curry 99 overall last year.
After his finals performance (didn't play that well in 2015 finals either) I don't think he deserves a 99 overall and don't think he should be "unfair" out of the box.

During the regular season if he dominating again sure give him a roster update.

In regardless to the "curry was injured" narrative I'm calling it BS, when he dropped 40 in G4? no one mentioned he was injured. He struggles in G7 the media blames it on injures. I'm not buying all the flip floping
So we ignore a players entire body of work and focus on a 7 game sample size? Stupidity at its finest. In the 2015 finals he was fine once he figured out the Cavaliers defence. Stats prove this.

He just happened to have a good game 4 where he got some better looks and made some tougher shots. The way he was getting shots in the finals was completely different to in the regular season. A lot of time it was three or die for Curry. He barely got to the basket like he normally would.

He wasn't 100% healthy to be MVP Curry. Plain and simple. If you deny that, you're just being delusional.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »