Home

Curry unfair in 2k17?

This is a discussion on Curry unfair in 2k17? within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-24-2016, 10:13 PM   #65
MVP

Jrocc23's Arena

OVR: 6
Re: Curry unfair in 2k17?

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAY_D1
Liking what I am hearing..Curry is unstoppable if you do not keep a body on him in real life..

I just hope they got him talking mess to the bench before the ball even go to the hoop when he will for sure make it

If they did, seems like they def would've showed it in that trailer. That would've been sick.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

NBA 2K11
XtremeXplicit Crew
Ranked

Check us out: http://www.youtube.com/jroccdagameboy
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-24-2016, 10:56 PM   #66
Banned

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by raidertiger
But who on the Warriors/Knicks should be faster than Curry? I'll wait.
Carmelo

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk
Old 08-24-2016, 11:29 PM   #67
Pro

I really wish the drop the ratings BS and use rankings and advanced stat tracking to determine players skill and how they rank. That way players wouldn't ever be overrated or underrated. Article says curry is faster than everyone on the floor. That's not the case in real life when you have D rose on the floor. bad knees or not, He's still faster than Curry by a good amount. Ratings come down to opinion at the end of the day. And Bias throws off the balance even more. Also the overall rating system forces you to have to rate players better in certain categories than the actually are for the sake of getting a 90+ overall. I just wish then get rid of them man.
Old 08-24-2016, 11:41 PM   #68
Banned

I don't care how realistic it may or may not be, it allows people to be successful using zero strategy and press one button. Horribly OP and in no way a balanced matchup. Especially when literally everyone picks them.
Old 08-24-2016, 11:56 PM   #69
Banned

KGDunks's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by VinsanityLives
No, I agree with you for 2k17. Obviously you factor in the season as a whole and his signature skill.

I was referring to the dudes saying he was hurt and that's why Kevin love was able to stop him on switches down the stretch, etc and not holding him accountable for just simply choking while playing hero ball

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk
My point was in response to someone claiming switches are Curry's achilles heel. Simply isn't true at all. Was only the case in the finals because his knee wasn't right and he got completely careless with the shots he took.

He absolutely should be abusing any big on a switch in 2K17.

Quote:
Originally Posted by iam31yearsold
I don't care how realistic it may or may not be, it allows people to be successful using zero strategy and press one button. Horribly OP and in no way a balanced matchup. Especially when literally everyone picks them.
Not if they do it correctly. Sometimes I honestly think we'd be much better off without online. I just hate this line of thinking that things have to be nerfed because people can't deal with what happens in the game. Some of you take playing online way too seriously.

Last edited by KGDunks; 08-25-2016 at 12:09 AM.
Old 08-25-2016, 12:00 AM   #70
Banned

KGDunks's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by El_Poopador
I disagree. The playoffs are a completely different animal. You're getting the best of the best, and your opponent can gameplan for you over the course of the series. Playing one opponent tonight and a different opponent tomorrow is completely different.

Looking at all of Curry's threes last season (pt1, pt2, pt3, pt4), the vast majority were either pull-ups, catch and shoot, or coming off a screen without too much of a cut. It wasn't his quickness that made him dangerous; it was how quick he could get the shot off. If the defender even bites a tiny bit at a pump fake, he had enough time to get the shot off.

Switching isn't the magic solution for everyone, but for teams with athletic bigs like the Thunder and Cavs, it takes away the extra space he gets from the defender having to go around the screen, and prevents a completely lopsided mismatch afterward.
Yet switches did nothing to him in the regular season, no matter how athletic the big was.

The last five minutes of the finals say it all for me. He takes a number of shocking deep shots after dribbling in circles because he is unable to blow by to the basket like he normally would. Anytime a big switched onto him in the regular season, he'd get to the rim fairly often with ease, and if he didn't he was probably launching a three with plenty of separation.

Guys like Tristan Thompson shouldn't be able to shut down Curry one on one in 2K.
Quote:
Originally Posted by LeBronistheKing
Curry wasn't 100 percent is a ridiculous narrative. He was 100 percent enough to be doing 360 dunks in shoot a rounds before Finals games and to drop 38 points in game 4 of the Finals. He had a sub par series, it's ok he is human. He struggled against a injury depleted Cavaliers team in the 2015 Finals as well. Was he not 100 percent then? As I said he had a sub par series and he was outplayed. It happens to even the best Magic had a sub par Finals, Jordan had sub par games when it counted during the 89 and 90 series against the Pistons, and LeBron had a sub par series against the Mavericks in the 2011 Finals.
Last time I checked 360 dunks don't really test out your lateral quickness. Curry's issues were with moving side to side.

I'm really not sure what you're trying to prove here by being a typical Cavs fan since the finals and gloating about how Curry was shut down in the finals. It has nothing to do with 2K17 at all. You're trying to equate one bad injury riddle series with his in-game ability. That makes no sense whatsoever. Thank god 2K doesn't listen to you.

Last edited by KGDunks; 08-25-2016 at 12:06 AM.
Old 08-25-2016, 12:11 AM   #71
Rookie

SteveQ's Arena

I think Steph should be abusing bigs on switches too. The Kevin love example isn't good to me either because steph clearly wasn't 100%. That said some bigs should be able to do a better job on him than others even if they can't stop him. The only thing that bothered me was the "fastest player on the court" thing. He isn't faster than Derrick Rose. But maybe that was just hyperbole and the CPU just used Steph in a way where he was able to move like he does in real life.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-25-2016, 12:16 AM   #72
Banned

KGDunks's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveQ
I think Steph should be abusing bigs on switches too. The Kevin love example isn't good to me either because steph clearly wasn't 100%. That said some bigs should be able to do a better job on him than others even if they can't stop him. The only thing that bothered me was the "fastest player on the court" thing. He isn't faster than Derrick Rose. But maybe that was just hyperbole and the CPU just used Steph in a way where he was able to move like he does in real life.
Bigs like Towns, Thompson etc should have maybe a bit of success, but if they're switching onto him possession after possession, if they're checking him close Curry should be able to blow by with ease. It happened all year.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »