Home

MyGM/MyLeague - Whose your core?

This is a discussion on MyGM/MyLeague - Whose your core? within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-25-2016, 03:40 PM   #25
MVP

Jumpman14's Arena

OVR: 1
Re: MyGM/MyLeague - Whose your core?

Quote:
Originally Posted by JazzMan
Going to do whatever it takes to hold onto Hayward and Gobert this offseason. See how much Hill demands, and debate on resigning him.

And then decide on if I want Favors or Lyles to be my 4 going forward. I won't be able to resign everybody.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

That's the one downside of having so much good young talent. Like you said you can't keep all of them.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-25-2016, 06:34 PM   #26
MVP

SuperSeahawks's Arena

OVR: 14

I'm rolling with the 76ers this year and I'll be building around Ben Simmons (eventually as the PG, not just the point forward) and Joel Embiid.

PSN: SeahawkFan11OS

GT: SuperSeahawks

Twitch
Old 08-25-2016, 07:24 PM   #27
Rookie

SteveQ's Arena

OVR: 0

I'm making a Knicks MyLeague and gonna try to get them a bench. Hoping the court is updated since I'm bringing my myplayer there too. If not I'll do it in MyLeague. I make a ton of fantasy teams on 2K every year and this year I'll be doing a good amount with the rockets and the one player I know I'm going to draft is KAT. Don't know the star perimeter player I'm gonna get to join him.
Old 08-25-2016, 07:32 PM   #28
MVP

vtcha's Arena

OVR: 4

Going to be tough trying trade for players that I want with the Mavs.

Matthews is probably my only decent trade bait.

I'm leaning towards keeping Barnes and moulding him to be like Pippen (but realistically more of a poor man's version lol)
Old 08-25-2016, 08:09 PM   #29
Rookie

soamazen23's Arena

OVR: 0

ME!!!!! IMA BE MY CORE...

Ima create as usual a 5'10'' 88-90 rated PG and use the player lock feature. to control a 29 game season my career. Creating my own team from scratch (expansion). Hall of fame difficulty see if I can win a championship. in 2k16 it took me 4 years to win one.
Old 08-25-2016, 08:47 PM   #30
MVP

CaseIH's Arena

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by vtcha
For those that will be playing this mode - what are your long-term plans?

Whose going to be your franchise player(s)? Who will feature in your core? Or who will you try to go after?

Im always the Pacers. I follow what happens IRL the 1st season, as I never finish before the end anyway, then after that I make moves that would reflect the players they typically go after. So I basically build thru the draft, an like the Pacers wont really sign a AS player in his prime, if they get a former AS its usually in the twilight of their careers for the most part. Plus I know a Kobe, Lebron, etc would never sign with us, so I keep it realistic even in my own virtual world after the 1st season.

Never played My GM, because of not being able to control all the teams, so they dont make any really unrealistic decisions being in signing of a player, or in their lineups. If thats ever changed then I will try that mode out. I will always just be the Pacers, unless the GM mode get the changes I want and they only gave you a few bad teams to choose from to start out with, like CH2k use to do with coaching career, then I would be someone else and work my way to the Pacers.

Favorite teams:
MLB- Reds/ and whoever is playing the Cubs
NBA- Pacers
NFL- Dolphins & Colts

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »