Home

Ten buckets fam!

This is a discussion on Ten buckets fam! within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-27-2016, 08:45 PM   #41
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Ten buckets fam!

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoLeafClover
So my 5ft9 point guard needs to be able to be an insane dunker just to be able to make layups again?

Stupid.
No, the max level is different from the overall attributes. So a 5'9 PG won't have a high dunk rating because as you get shorter you lose dunk ability but his lay ups will be high if you increase the lay up/dunk bucket.

This system is the best they've ever had it
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-27-2016, 08:56 PM   #42
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nine.Six.Melo
No, the max level is different from the overall attributes. So a 5'9 PG won't have a high dunk rating because as you get shorter you lose dunk ability but his lay ups will be high if you increase the lay up/dunk bucket.

This system is the best they've ever had it
Great point, I never thought of it like that.
Old 08-27-2016, 10:42 PM   #43
MVP

El_Poopador's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by ksuttonjr76
Personally, I never bought that excuse that people should be allowed to be 99 rated, so they can use the player offline due to it being their game. I feel that 99% of people who want the ability to create a 99 overall player is because they want to use that player ONLINE.

MyCareer would get boring quick if you could average 80 PPG, 30 RPG, 15 APG, and 5 SPG every time you picked up the controller.
I don't like playing online at all because it's very rare to find people who actually try to play team basketball. But sometimes I like to try to create the next Lebron-type player for offline play because you can essentially play any position without needing to create 3-4 different players.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ViolenceFight
Considering the right team and you can easily put up 50/15/7/4 in almost any career game currently, yeah. That's on sim/superstar. Once you hit 99, or even mid 90s, you're a tank in career.
Yes, it's possible, but not if you're trying to play actual team basketball with your team. That means running plays, passing the ball even if it doesn't lead to an assist, etc.
Old 08-27-2016, 11:16 PM   #44
MVP

ViolenceFight's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by El_Poopador
I don't like playing online at all because it's very rare to find people who actually try to play team basketball. But sometimes I like to try to create the next Lebron-type player for offline play because you can essentially play any position without needing to create 3-4 different players.

Yes, it's possible, but not if you're trying to play actual team basketball with your team. That means running plays, passing the ball even if it doesn't lead to an assist, etc.
Boss, I can assure you I can do this without taking every shot and following plays. I take super smart shots, crash every board, and pass ASAP.

Believe me when I say, I play smart ball in career(Unless I'm badge chasing) and park. I wish more team guys existed in park. So....Holler at me. Any of you team players, next game if we're in the same park, let's wreck stuff with actual skill.

PSN: ViolenceFight
Instagram: @ViolenceFight
Old 08-28-2016, 01:26 AM   #45
Pro

This attribute system is terrible for simulation purposes, and it sucks. But i understand exactly why it is and must be this way. It's all balance for pro am and park.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-28-2016, 02:02 AM   #46
Banned

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by GSW
According to this...If I choose slasher my jump shot will be weak.

But what if I wanted to created a James Harden type player. Isn't he a slasher with a decent jumper?
Because then Pro-Am teams would have a team full of Hardens, this is forcing people to make a decision that will have an affect on their teams and the overall playstyle of the team. You can't have it all, no player has ever been perfect and that's the point with this new system, be a shot creator if you want to play like Harden.
Old 08-28-2016, 02:53 AM   #47
Just started!

Quote:
Originally Posted by El_Poopador
They don't even need to prevent you from taking that player online. They just need to cap the attributes when you do play online. So I can be 99 across the board when I'm playing solo, but when I go online, just apply the caps to my player based on the position/play style I chose.
Honestly that's the best way to me it's kinda like picking the right equipment for a battle in an rpg
Old 08-28-2016, 03:21 AM   #48
The Real Birdman

Mikelopedia's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fairdalisk
I bought that line of thinking when mid-range and 3pt where bucketed together. But there are 10 buckets now. That's plenty of room for individualization. No one is realistically leaving any state completely untouched regardless.

It's just easier to keep track of of available upgrades this way. Think 150 upgrades vs 10,000 skill points.
I don't need it dumbed down though lol, I'm not in a rush to create my player. I'd rather spend each one of those skill points as I see fit.

Listen no one will argue that 10 buckets isn't better than 6. But just as 45 is better than 10. The guy I want to create (which is essentially myself but a couple inches taller so I can play the 4) can't be contructed using these 10 buckets.

PSN: MiiikeMarsh

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »