Home

Formatted List of Attributes and Cards as seen in "Prelude" trailer

This is a discussion on Formatted List of Attributes and Cards as seen in "Prelude" trailer within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-27-2016, 09:34 AM   #17
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Formatted List of Attributes and Cards as seen in "Prelude" trailer

so basically i cannot create a very good 3point shooter that can also dunk? yeah, sounds awesome. not.
Old 08-27-2016, 10:11 AM   #18
Rookie

ZBoo50's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bernte
so basically i cannot create a very good 3point shooter that can also dunk? yeah, sounds awesome. not.
No he can dunk but not like a slam dunk champion. If its that what you want then go for the slasher. Simple..
Old 08-27-2016, 10:26 AM   #19
Rookie

consecutive27's Arena

Good job organizing this information. I like the idea of this as I liked how the play styles worked back in 2k14 and earlier. I am looking forward to seeing what the actual attribute caps are this year. I play offline only so I am hoping for less restrictive caps than last year. At least let average height point guards have speed in the 90s. I get wanting to restrict cheese, but at a certain point that falls on gameplay and individual players. Caps seem like a band-aid to me to an extent. As long as there is balance between positions I would think that would be enough. But then again, I don't play online. I have in other games, but not 2k.
Old 08-27-2016, 10:53 AM   #20
Pro

Clappington's Arena

I've been waiting for the day where you won't be able to do it all. I love the fact for online purposes only that every position you should be limited to being good at either shooting or dunking. Hope this isn't just for small fowards and for all position. It has been annoying to see people shoot like Curry and dunk like VC in his prime. You are also potentially limiting our badges so we can only have certain ones. or we can only upgrade certain badges. I love that idea also it will make things more balance. I mean I know a lot of people who play Park will be a Sharpshooter but hopefully the shot off dribble will be low enough they can't dribble for days and throw up a three and hit.
Old 08-27-2016, 12:32 PM   #21
Rookie

Sleepy59's Arena

As a slashing PG, I can suck the D in by being a huge threat inside. Shooting will be horrible but I am a pass first kind of guy. So maybe I should be a point forward? Balanced but won't excell anywhere except passing. Only will have passing badges too. God this is so hard. And sharpshooters will mainly be roleplayers as they have a horrible shoot off dribble, so I like that. My choice will be decided on whether or not 2k17 continues to have magnetic D. If so I'll just have to be a sharpshooting SG

Last edited by Sleepy59; 08-27-2016 at 12:39 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-27-2016, 02:32 PM   #22
Rookie

antdoggydogg's Arena

I noticed that their is now a Hustler Rebounder Badge and a Putback King badge. In the past they had offensive rebounder, defensive rebounder, and the hustle points badge. It seems like putback king is the new name for hustle points. I liked having seperate badges for offensive rebounding and defensive rebounding so I hope they didn't group those together into one badge. Cause a guy like Kevin Garnett cleans up the defensive glass and rarely goes after offensive rebounds. Hopefully we'll learn soon enough.
Old 08-27-2016, 02:33 PM   #23
MVP

hanzsomehanz's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nine.Six.Melo
It actually creates a play style

Example why give a Sharpshooter dimer and a Point Forward Catch & Shoot when it doesn't fit their archetype. The badges elevate your play style so you actually feel like the player you're trying to become. Certain badges are pointless on certain players
I'm with you on that. So this is essentially a starter pack of badges for each play style. I like that, that I don't need to grind for my "essential" badges.

Shot Creator with Shot Creator or "Difficult Shots" makes sense, so does Sharpshooter with Deadeye and Limitless.

Koo koo, I'm still wondering if we can acquire additional badges or if these 5 are the only upgradeable badges and the rest remain bronze.

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Tapatalk
Old 08-27-2016, 02:39 PM   #24
MVP

hanzsomehanz's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZBoo50
No he can dunk but not like a slam dunk champion. If its that what you want then go for the slasher. Simple..
Who is the last player to be in the 3pt and dunk contest?

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Tapatalk

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »