Home

Formatted List of Attributes and Cards as seen in "Prelude" trailer

This is a discussion on Formatted List of Attributes and Cards as seen in "Prelude" trailer within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-27-2016, 09:37 PM   #33
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Formatted List of Attributes and Cards as seen in "Prelude" trailer

Was hoping that play styles more oriented around scoring would have a lower defensive cap.
Old 08-27-2016, 09:42 PM   #34
MVP

MontanaMan's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by hopoffthiscliff
Was hoping that play styles more oriented around scoring would have a lower defensive cap.
I mean, there are two way players who are a threat on the other end.
Old 08-27-2016, 10:03 PM   #35
MVP

hanzsomehanz's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGhost215
I agree with your point but Dame Lilliard did it 2-3 years ago I believe

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Lillard, Brent Barry, and Ray Allen

Those are the three I know of and Lillard is the only one I know of that participated in both contests during the same season.

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Tapatalk
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-27-2016, 10:39 PM   #36
Pro

dnyce87's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by hanzsomehanz
Lillard, Brent Barry, and Ray Allen

Those are the three I know of and Lillard is the only one I know of that participated in both contests during the same season.

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Tapatalk
JR Smith? I feel like he was in a 3 point shootout at some point. I know he was in dunk contest back in like 05 with Josh Smith.
Old 08-27-2016, 10:55 PM   #37
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by poetinjune
Cautiously optimistic about this system.

Like PatsCards87 mentioned, it all depends on what the numerical rating (25-99) is for the bars.

In 2k16, a small forward with a maxed out 20 bars in playmaking had ball control in the 60s. IN THE 60s. With maxed out athleticism, speed was in the high 60s to low 70s.

If that's the case for say, slasher sf in 2k17, where an investment of 25 bars for agility means speed in the 60s,70s, and layups/dunks maxed means layup 83, we've got a problem here.

But, and I am hoping 2k got this right, 25 bars for agility means speed 94, 99, and layups/dunks maxed means 94, 99, then I am all in, because then the slasher playstyle (or any playstyle really) has serious strengths and serious weaknesses.

Slasher's key strengths would be blinding speed and amazing finishing ability, especially in comparison to other SF's in the game (Lebron, I believe, has a speed in the 80s in 2k16). Key weaknesses would be no 3 pointer, weak post scoring, and average defense. And I think that's fair, and would make the mode more like an rpg, where a character such as a dps excels at dealing damage but is weak in taking damage.

On the other hand, if the system is like 2k16, where maxed out bars only lead to attributes in the 70s, well then. But I'm cautiously optimistic for now.

TLDR: Hyped about attribute caps, but only if maxed out bars is in the 90, 95 range.
It wouldn't make sense to have it any other way than a mid to high 90s for 25 stat attributes... If not the only viable position would be a PG.
Old 08-28-2016, 01:19 AM   #38
Pro

Quote:
Yeah, I don't like the concept of 99 ovr MPs online. I'm not against anyone wanting to be good at the park or get buckets in Pro AM but people lose sight of the fact that it's a team game when trying to create the LBJ and KD type players. Playing with randoms is dreadful because people think they can takeover at anytime or hit any shot.
If you have a Ps4 - i need your PSN - precisely how i feel. Could use more friends like that.
Old 08-28-2016, 01:25 AM   #39
Pro

Quote:
I made a post earlier on the caps so far - only 2 builds are above 15 on defense out of 25. I would say that could mean around 80ovr defense or less. Assuming that each upgrade gives around 1-3 in stat increase. 15 out of 25 is probably halfway to 99 or so.
Old 08-28-2016, 01:33 AM   #40
Pro

Example lets say each stat upgrade gives atleast 1-2 in stat increase. From 15 to 25 - assuming 25 is 99. We could count the numerical difference which would be 10 as stat increase. If each upgrade is 1 or 2 at a time it could easily go from 15 being 80ovr to 25 being 99.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »