Home

Quit Forcing us to use nicknames

This is a discussion on Quit Forcing us to use nicknames within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-26-2016, 11:22 PM   #9
Rookie

OVR: 2
Re: Quit Forcing us to use nicknames

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leasim96
Eh i personally don't care as long as the game is great - is not confirmed to be prez yet - who knows. Yes i would love it if they changed it - but is not a big deal id say. Plus if they do it there has to be a reason. People always seem to talk as if 2k made things worse on purpose. Many sides to a story - we can't know the full details unless we work at 2k. With the early MP thing - i forgive the name thing. But ofc this is open for discussion and i get that - if they fix it great.
It's not a game breaker.. Just kills the immersion a little. I like I'm really into it and then they say the name and I'm like arrgghh
Old 08-26-2016, 11:24 PM   #10
All Star

ksuttonjr76's Arena

OVR: 0

We shouldn't assume that's the nickname. "President of Basketball" is a long, odd nickname. For we all know, he's lying to get a chance to speak to Coach K.

EDIT: For a nickname, he didn't sound too sure whether or not he wanted to identify himself as "Prez".

Last edited by ksuttonjr76; 08-26-2016 at 11:31 PM.
Old 08-26-2016, 11:38 PM   #11
Rookie

LakerPride's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by doublek
I'd much rather them forcing us to pick a small pool of last names and just call me that instead of Frequency Vibrations...
Disagree on that, I'd rather pick my own last name, nicknames can be ignored, but last names can't.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-26-2016, 11:39 PM   #12
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by ksuttonjr76
We shouldn't assume that's the nickname. "President of Basketball" is a long, odd nickname. For we all know, he's lying to get a chance to speak to Coach K.

EDIT: For a nickname, he didn't sound too sure whether or not he wanted to identify himself as "Prez".
Could be. I but frequency vibration was kind of long and look what happened. Lol but you could be right. I I'm hoping so
Old 08-27-2016, 12:47 AM   #13
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by LakerPride
Disagree on that, I'd rather pick my own last name, nicknames can be ignored, but last names can't.
The last names in the game are recorded differently. If they threw the last names in the scene it wouldn't sound smooth. And it would take forever to have someone read each line with every last name in the game (to make it sound realistic) plus they would have to do it every year. Best we can hope for is no name, pool of names, or reading or own lines somehow
Old 08-27-2016, 12:55 AM   #14
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by LM1213
It's not a game breaker.. Just kills the immersion a little. I like I'm really into it and then they say the name and I'm like arrgghh
Yea i get you - hopefully they improve gameplay a lot and we can focus on adding more immersion in 2k18
Old 08-27-2016, 04:24 AM   #15
Pro

I agree I know it's assumption now but it's based on what happened last year. I quit playing My Career honestly because I kept getting referred to as Freq! It's called "My Career" either change the name or I have a misunderstanding of what the mode means!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-27-2016, 05:03 AM   #16
Banned

I'll also throw in a request to stop forcing us to pick a nickname for created players. It makes you choose one, no option for "none". And the announcer says the created player's nickname constantly... Really annoying

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »