Home

please make harsher punishment for PRO AM quitters

This is a discussion on please make harsher punishment for PRO AM quitters within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-28-2016, 10:40 PM   #25
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: please make harsher punishment for PRO AM quitters

Quote:
Originally Posted by iam31yearsold
This is a result of a pay-to-win setup and zero to gain or lose when quitting. No need to stay for VC when you can just buy it. Plus, once bought, people think they should be unstoppable no matter what. If they miss, foul, or do anything wrong, they quit and start over. "Must be 2k."

Also a result of the MyPlayer ball hog style they encourage you to play offline. When someone sends 40+ hours spamming the pass button or being a PG offline, when the come online and get slotted at the 3, they can't take it. Too used to taking every shot and scoring 50+ a game to be expected to pass, set picks, and be a team player. Quit and start over. "Must be 2k."

Also children can't take losing or anything going against them. They always quit, and there are WAY more people under the age of 18 playing this game than you would like to imagine.

MOBA and other eSports games ban people. They are not playing the game as intended by the devs and ruining the experience other people paid for. Not banning them. encourages this.
Although I'm only a few years removed from being a 13-14 year old playing 2k I hate the mindset of this new generation, man. It's actually pissing me off and I feel like the majority of the community is going to ****. At that age I understood the concept of team basketball, not cheat, and actually be different from everyone playing the game. It's just ridiculous how some of these kids have such entitlement and refuse to learn how to play the game the right way without getting mad and quitting. It's not even just the little kids anymore, it's also people my age. It's pitiful.

Last edited by hopoffthiscliff; 08-28-2016 at 10:46 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-28-2016, 11:55 PM   #26
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by KoolAidNoSugar
I don't think a penalty should come from people quitting.. Especially when it comes to walk on since the players rarely ever know what their doing. It's just one of those things that happen in games. They need to make it so just like in ProAm when the opposing team completely quits the game ends.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I'm sorry but I don't feel that is a valid excuse. I never know what I'm going to get and I don't quit
Old 08-28-2016, 11:59 PM   #27
Rookie

KoolAidNoSugar's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by LM1213
I'm sorry but I don't feel that is a valid excuse. I never know what I'm going to get and I don't quit

That falls back on you though. I recommend checking community for actual ProAM games. Those are more organized, you can communicate with your team, and people usually don't quit.
Old 08-29-2016, 09:51 AM   #28
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by hopoffthiscliff
Although I'm only a few years removed from being a 13-14 year old playing 2k I hate the mindset of this new generation, man. It's actually pissing me off and I feel like the majority of the community is going to ****. At that age I understood the concept of team basketball, not cheat, and actually be different from everyone playing the game. It's just ridiculous how some of these kids have such entitlement and refuse to learn how to play the game the right way without getting mad and quitting. It's not even just the little kids anymore, it's also people my age. It's pitiful.
It truly is pitiful. And if 2k want to be taken seriously among the eSport world they need to put an end to no skill players being able to be even slightly successful. That is NOT an eSport.

Making people use the skill stick this year is HUGE in my opinion. How many years has 2k had these amazing, intricate, complex skill stick moves that the spent years creating and tweaking...then just give everyone an option to ignore it and just. push. one. button. Pathetic. Zero integrity to stand by their intuitive controls, and just cater. That's fine for a casual sports game...not one trying to call itself an eSport.

Last edited by iam31yearsold; 08-29-2016 at 09:58 AM.
Old 08-29-2016, 09:56 AM   #29
Banned

And no disrespect to young kids who know their stuff. Just one of those things where I have heard a few too many high pitched cuss mouths who don't pass, spam steal and pass, then quit like its everyone else fault or it the game.

Generation of over-sensitive, entitled, participation trophy getting, self-absorbed, social media engorged, bruh, fam, bruh, bruh, bruh, bruh, fam talking, piss-pants who couldn't tell you a single play in basketball, doesn't use a single dribble move, and tries to ball handle with Shaq not even knowing how to post up, type of players.

Everyone talks like the will bang on you in 2k, but literally 90% of people I see playing online display zero knowledge of real basketball, or how 2k is intended to be played.

Last edited by iam31yearsold; 08-29-2016 at 09:59 AM.
Old 08-29-2016, 10:42 AM   #30
Rookie

JayBillups36's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by abuC
Are you talking about walk-on or ProAm with a squad? The only time teams quit in squad games are when they're getting blown out and that's kind of understandable, if you're down by 30 going into the half what's the point of staying? They get the loss and you get the win.

With the walk on games people quit when they dont get the ball.
Man this be FN up the stats. Let me drop that 60 on you and find better teammates next game
Old 08-29-2016, 01:01 PM   #31
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by LM1213
So every time I start up a Pro Am game I will have about 3 or 4 people quit within 3 minutes. I fail to understand why people start this game just to quit 3 minutes later. Heck, it takes longer than that to start a game. I don't understand if it's just because they don't want a loss on their record. I mean you don't get any special award for going 100-0 or something. People act like a loss is life changing. And why even give up so early, we've came back from 20 down before.

I hope there is a harsher punishment for quitters. I hate people quitting so early and then we are playing with cpu players for the rest of the game. It starts to be more like 2 on 3 or something. I think a punishment should be more severe. lock them out of pro am for an hour...heck 4 hours. maybe it would teach people to quit giving up so much.

oh but what if an emergency came up...well then being locked out for some hours shouldn't matter. I think a one hour minimum would be a good lesson starter.

and then there are the people who NEVER pass and jack up contested 3's. I wish there was also a 4 player vote out for these people. I mean at that point I would rather play 4 on 5 then a game we have no chance at winning because someone thinks they are the next jr smith.

either that or start game matching all the quitters together so it doesn't ruin the experience for everyone else.

These are just a few ideas. I just think something needs to be done about this issue.

anyone else feel the same?
I agree with you in principal but not in application. here's why.
1. me and about 10 to 15 other guys play in pro am to play one another. not to rank up. since 2k didn't allow for us to play 5 vs 5 in our my courts which was silly. now we're stuck trying to matchup in a real pro am game with our respective teams. yes you can do it. it just takes a few tries trying to hit at the exact same time. when you get some other team... you quit out. now it give you the loss and gives the other team the automatic win. and now it puts you on timeout for a few seconds up to a min the next time or so.

so we're not your average quitters quitting because we're losing.

#2. to the quitters that do it because they are losing. I would love for them to be locked out for 1 hour. there's a problem though. some people quit because they get sick of the cheesers/lag glitchers. or just plain old laggy matchups. they try to play thru it realize they just can't stomach it. and bam time to quit out. should that guy get locked out for hours too? nope.

the only people we want locked out are true rage quitters.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-29-2016, 01:05 PM   #32
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by iam31yearsold
And no disrespect to young kids who know their stuff. Just one of those things where I have heard a few too many high pitched cuss mouths who don't pass, spam steal and pass, then quit like its everyone else fault or it the game.

Generation of over-sensitive, entitled, participation trophy getting, self-absorbed, social media engorged, bruh, fam, bruh, bruh, bruh, bruh, fam talking, piss-pants who couldn't tell you a single play in basketball, doesn't use a single dribble move, and tries to ball handle with Shaq not even knowing how to post up, type of players.

Everyone talks like the will bang on you in 2k, but literally 90% of people I see playing online display zero knowledge of real basketball, or how 2k is intended to be played.
OR you get these same types as above that do know dribble moves. well they only know how to spam size moves where they chose Crawford, curry, and kyrie moves. trying to get an ankle breaker animation to kick in.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »