Home

Do you ever play OFF-BALL D, if yes, how often?

This is a discussion on Do you ever play OFF-BALL D, if yes, how often? within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-29-2016, 01:21 PM   #25
Vni
Hall Of Fame

Vni's Arena

OVR: 23
Re: Do you ever play OFF-BALL D, if yes, how often?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeebs9
Wow Perfectly said and one of few to understand what 2k has given people.

or for trapping..

That Zbo rotation is sick. He comes to help into the paint and reads the play and goes straight to the 3pt line. Too good almost lol.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-29-2016, 01:26 PM   #26
Pro

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by DC
vs CPU
I play with PLayer Lock, so yes, I do it every game I play vs the CPU.

When I didn't play as player lock (Previous to 2K14), whoever made the last score or turnover for my team, I just played with that person on D and never switched off

vs a Human
I am on the ball about 87% based on the scouting report.

I switch when

A. To reposition help side defenders
B. To hedge in pNr situation
C. When I SPRINT my C/PF into the paint after my team scores

Those are the only times I can honestly think about it.

If you are not playing mostly on ball d vs a human, I view you as a sucka that has no business playing online vs other people
The old "If you don't play the game the way I think you should, you suck."
I played Street Fighter competitively for a while and this mentality is rampant. It's incredibly stupid and it's why I don't play competitive multi-player anymore in any game. (I've been called the n-word and/or received more hate mail than I care to remember). A number of my friends still play online but I don't.

If a person believes the player without the ball in his hands is a bigger threat than the one with the ball in his hamds, he should prioritize off ball defense. That's smart basketball.

Could you imagine a team putting their best defender on the ball handler and allowing some brain dead defensive liability to guard a guy like Steph while he's whizzing around without the ball?

That would be bad basketball. Prioritize the biggest threat. Offball or onball. That's basketball.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
Old 08-29-2016, 02:00 PM   #27
Fear is the Unknown

jeebs9's Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vni
That Zbo rotation is sick. He comes to help into the paint and reads the play and goes straight to the 3pt line. Too good almost lol.
I was going to post a series. But just didn't have to time in the middle of the life cycle. Hopefully next year lol (that's if they keep the hard rotations)
Old 08-29-2016, 02:15 PM   #28
DC
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 39

Quote:
Originally Posted by de_jesus
The old "If you don't play the game the way I think you should, you suck."
I gave conditions as to when it is cool/acceptable, you skipped over ALL of that just to see the part where I said it wasn't cool.

I said you are a sucka if you don't play MOSTLY on ball d vs a human. And it is true.
Old 08-29-2016, 02:26 PM   #29
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by DC
I gave conditions as to when it is cool/acceptable, you skipped over ALL of that just to see the part where I said it wasn't cool.

I said you are a sucka if you don't play MOSTLY on ball d vs a human. And it is true.
Still silly that you feel you can dictate how someone else should or should not play the game.

It's funny that a lot of players are fine using offensive players offball to maximize their ability to win but butch and moan when defenders use players off ball.

Old 08-29-2016, 02:53 PM   #30
DC
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 39

Most folks don't even know HOW to use off-ball offensive players. Horrible example.

Point blank man. If I hop online, I want that human element as my opposition. Not an overpowered CPU that you can barely get around and play the human game of chess with.

You can call it silly but who wants to play the CPU when they are supposed to be playing a human?

Again, SUCKA stuff
Old 08-29-2016, 02:57 PM   #31
Rookie

CBAT's Arena

OVR: 2

I do it whenever necessary. Majority of the time I am playing on ball defense, but if I noticed the opposing player exploiting something, or getting open shots on fast breaks, better believe I will switch to prevent that from happening. My brother-in-law and I have probably played 1,000 games over the years and our games have gotten so ugly because we are constantly able to see what the other guy is about to do and make the switch and deflection. It is quite comical because there will be points in the game where there is very little scoring and just a whole lot of nonsense happening all over the court.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-29-2016, 02:58 PM   #32
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by DC
Most folks don't even know HOW to use off-ball offensive players. Horrible example.

Point blank man. If I hop online, I want that human element as my opposition. Not an overpowered CPU that you can barely get around and play the human game of chess with.

You can call it silly but who wants to play the CPU when they are supposed to be playing a human?

Again, SUCKA stuff
It's a perfect example.

Do you use plays or screens or literally anything that involves the CPU on the offensive end? If so, then it's simply stupid to say defenders shouldn't use the CPU off ball in the same way.

The only way to play a human 100% is a one on one game.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »