Home

What Will Be Your 1st Experiment/Test/Mode In NBA 2K17? What Are Some Suggestions?

This is a discussion on What Will Be Your 1st Experiment/Test/Mode In NBA 2K17? What Are Some Suggestions? within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-29-2016, 06:38 PM   #25
ERA

The 24th Letter's Arena

OVR: 38
Re: What Will Be Your 1st Experiment/Test/Mode In NBA 2K17? What Are Some Suggestions

Quote:
Originally Posted by WISports
I wanna see if they put in the ability to rotate your player when editing sig shots. For some reason they took that out this year, making it a pain in the butt getting shots right...and the ability to edit them faster.
It is pretty odd that this was changed last year...hopefully they fixed it
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-29-2016, 06:42 PM   #26
Pro

RLebron12's Arena

OVR: 1
Re: What Will Be Your 1st Experiment/Test/Mode In NBA 2K17? What Are Some Suggestions

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolf Ticket
MyCareer

Won't everyone's be the same since we get to start it a week early in "The Prelude"?

Yea I was gonna say Quick Mode first but now that we have the prelude it will be that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
“Baseball is a game, yes. It is also a business. But what is most truly is is disguised combat. For all its gentility, its almost leisurely pace, baseball is violence under wraps.” -Willie Mays (The Say Hey Kid)
Old 08-29-2016, 10:07 PM   #27
Rookie

jattnanga's Arena

OVR: 2

I like to do it like training camp. I'll probably go through it with the Spurs this year.

Create a roster that has custom playbooks for a few teams:
-customize the spurs playbook to have plays in easy places to get to
-one team with all pick and roll to work on my pick and roll defense
-one team with a lot of pindowns and screening to work on defense
-one team with a lot of low post/guard post to work on defense.

-Freelance Practice to get a feel for each of the players.
-Scrimmage against the pick and roll team to work on defending multiple pick and rolls while getting used to the freelance/playbook/game mechanics
-Scrimmage against pindowns
-Scrimmage against post play
-Play a couple of scrimmages against teams with complete playbooks up to 50.
-Use Play Now to play the pre-season schedule.
-Practice between pre-season games to tighten things up, try things out.

When it comes to playing online, I'll go through the freelance, and scrimmage up to 50 with the team I'm about to play with to get their stuff down.

- Ricky Rubio quoting Magic Johnson
Old 08-30-2016, 01:29 AM   #28
Formerly known as Barnsey

Barncore's Arena

OVR: 1

The first thing i do will be what i do every year: resist the urge to "play now" and head over to the roster editor, go to edit player, see what new attributes/tendencies there are what things we can customize for players, experience a polarizing yet familiar feeling of hype & disappointment, then spend a few hours going through and editing player ratings until i feel like it accurately reflects the NBA landscape to my perspective.

After that i'll check if coaches and other staff members are editable yet. I also wanna see if freelance offenses and other options like that can be editable. I'll also see what editing draft classes is like, and whether there is a better system for file sharing over the network yet.

I basically wont play a single minute until i get an accurate sense of what elements of the NBA landscape are editable. I'm hoping like hell they let us customize more things rather than less.

After that i'll go start an exhibition game between an elite team and a ****ty team (like GSW vs PHI or something), with me switching which team i control every quarter. This will hopefully give me a feel for the best and worst of play.

Then i'll go to 2KU and watch some tutorials, and put in spme time getting a feel for the new controls. Cos i sure as hell will struggle, lol

Once i'm satisfied with everything i'll embark on what i will have been waiting for all along, MyLEAGUE mode. My first MyLEAGUE will just be a test one, where i sim 10 seasons ahead and get a feel for how potential works, what generated players are like, what the stats are ike, etc etc. And then decide whether i wanna invest serious time in this year's game or not.
If so, I might try MyGM mode first just to see if it's worth using that over MyLEAGUE yet.

After a few months once things start to get a bit repetitive (which takes less and less time to happen as i play every new release) i'll fire up MyCAREER and go down that rabbit hole.

Last edited by Barncore; 08-30-2016 at 01:34 AM.
Old 08-30-2016, 02:08 AM   #29
MVP

TheVinylHippo's Arena

OVR: 7

Other than The Prelude, I'm just going to hop into practice mode and mess around with the controls.
Old 08-30-2016, 04:05 AM   #30
MVP

daveberg's Arena

OVR: 5

Into the rosters to check the legends and their tendencies/signatures. Edit all those teams then into quick play or myleague with the classics.

Wash rinse and repeat for the entire year until 2k18.
Old 08-30-2016, 05:15 AM   #31
MVP

OVR: 9

GAMEPLAY with Play Now online.. Ofcourse then MyLeague Online and then Practice Lab..
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-30-2016, 08:29 AM   #32
MVP

Clutch0z's Arena

OVR: 0

-Edit The 2k17 Roster So every team is up to date (Adding Players/Edit Accessories if 2k Missed them)

-Make A 2017/2018 Draft Classes With 60+ Players From Each Draft Class This year So When you play MyLeague/MyGm its more realistic

-Check If You can Edit the ages for Historic Players like (Frobe/Shaq/Carter/Iverson) Etc...If you can Edit that in this game (Which i doubt) Then i will Make a Historic Roster Most likely a 2003 Roster to play with Rookie LeBron/Wade/Melo Younger Kobe/Iverson/Wade/Garnett Type of guys for MYLeague.

-Play A My Career And See How far i can go with that...I Wanna be a Two Way Player so i will prolly start out as a Defensive SG or SF.

-Mess around with MyTeam a Little.

Thats about it i really hope we can edit players ages cause if so you can start a new myleague with costom Courts/Jerseys With 30 Teams so you can basically start a whole new league with the historic Teams you make.
Which would make playing a old school roster even more fun and realistic.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »