Home

"You have reached MAX CAP LEVEL for ONLINE PLAY. ALL further ATTs OFFLINE ONLY."

This is a discussion on "You have reached MAX CAP LEVEL for ONLINE PLAY. ALL further ATTs OFFLINE ONLY." within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-30-2016, 01:09 AM   #25
Rookie

doublek's Arena

OVR: 4
Re: "You have reached MAX CAP LEVEL for ONLINE PLAY. ALL further ATTs OFFLINE ONLY."

Same thing happens in a lot of MMORPG too, where you have specific stats created for PvP because there is a still a whole wide world of NPC contents that has absolutely nothing to do with the human players competitive scene.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-30-2016, 01:10 AM   #26
Formerly known as Barnsey

Barncore's Arena

OVR: 1
Re: "You have reached MAX CAP LEVEL for ONLINE PLAY. ALL further ATTs OFFLINE ONLY."

I like the ideas in this thread, but lets not forget that a lot of the player exploitation and cheesing comes down to fundamental problems in the gameplay, rather than the cap limits.

Street Fighter has a lot of character diversity in its' winners because the gameplay is based on the skill of the actual user rather than the character.

2K has clearly become aware of this fact if the recent articles are any indication (which all seem to express an intention towards putting the skill in the hands of the user rather than the animations). So i think it will be worth taking a wait and see approach before we get our pitchforks and call for 2K to split the MyCAREER / Online sections into two.

Who knows, maybe 2K17 eradicates most of the cheesing by way of gameplay (rather than attribute caps)? That would be great. On other hand, maybe the game ends up feeling too acradey. Wait and see.
Old 08-30-2016, 01:14 AM   #27
Rookie

doublek's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chemthethriller
You need to get better at the game then, with my 91 overall Center and my 90 overall SF I easily average GOAT numbers.

If you really want to be the GOAT, why not just play on rookie, that basically compensates your 97 overall to a 110 overall.
People like you still come up all the time, I don't understand.

"I can do it with the same limitation so why don't you learn how to play?"
Old 08-30-2016, 01:27 AM   #28
Rookie

OVR: 0

MyCareer should of been it's own mode. MyPark or Pro-Am shouldn't be tied to Mycareer

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk
Old 08-30-2016, 02:22 AM   #29
Rookie

This kind of goes along with the subject at hand here I always felt you should be able to change sliders in MyCareer to which everyone is quick to reply it would be to easy to earn vc or something along those lines. Simple fix make it to where if you go to adjust a slider the game pops up with a menu thats says "are sure you want to do this? It will permanently make this MyCareer experience OFFLINE ONLY." or something to that affect. Then the the offline version would be skill point based. Then if caps were removed for offline people would have a few options start online buy vc max to the caps then go offline by messing with sliders or, choose to go offline manually from the start of your career or at any point during it. Almost everybody wins VC is still being sold since people could buy VC to hit caps then switch offline and then earn skill points to go as high as they want. Caps are still applied for people who play online. And the people who just want the freedom to do as they please in a private offline manner get to do so. The only people who don't win is the people who don't want offline users to have the ability change sliders or be able to go over the caps for the simple reason of they feel people should play their way they deemed acceptable or they just don't want offline users to have these features to simply be spiteful.

Last edited by tleev; 08-30-2016 at 02:34 AM.
Old 08-30-2016, 02:57 AM   #30
MVP

Trackball's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by doublek

We do more with less.
Old 08-30-2016, 04:12 AM   #31
Pro

I laugh at the Goat comments that likely are referencing to averaging 80pts a game - in my opinion that's just stupid. Don't see the fun in that - way too unrealistic. In fact I would love it if somehow we just couldn't even average close to that. It's just cringe to me. But then again there are people who like to play Sim ball and others who just want to get the highest stats they can to brag about it or something. I will never see the fun in being a me first player in a team game. Anyone can decide to take all the shots and proceed to call themselves the goat. True greatness comes from efficient mastery of different basketball aspects. I always respect the guys who even through a video game their basketball IQ can be seen. OK rant over. Anyways - stat caps are not yet precisely known. Incomplete info still - let's not jump to conclusions yet in that department. Hopefully it's balanced.

Sent from my SKY 5.0W using Tapatalk
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-30-2016, 05:03 AM   #32
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by doublek

he's right, if the game is too hard to average 50-20-10-10-10 then just lower the difficulty and play on rookie.

Guys wanna build Curry's, LeBron's, Durant's, Melo's and Westbrook's but don't pass the ball, use 2 moves over and over again and then think they're good. They ruin the essence of the game ultimately.

Now if you wanna shoot the ball well you can do that but you'll be getting set up for shots by a Pass First PG or Point Forward. You wanna control the ball all game well you can but you won't be a dynamic scorer.

Last year I kept my player an 88 overall balanced SF most of the year and averaged 26/8/6/3/3 in MyCareer on HOF shooting 47/42/95 and in the 4 full seasons I played I won 1 ring, went to 2 ECF and got bounced in the first round twice and it was enjoyable because it was a challenge to get every single basket, stop and win.

Guys don't wanna be challenged anymore. If having a 99 everything is that important just create a player and start a MyLeague and you can control everything and average whatever you want. There's player lock as well to help you only control your guy.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »