Home

2k does NOT CARE about its core FANS

This is a discussion on 2k does NOT CARE about its core FANS within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-30-2016, 05:35 PM   #9
MVP

Trackball's Arena

OVR: 7
Re: 2k does NOT CARE about its core FANS

Well, now I feel bad for mocking 2K's lack of marketing a few minutes ago...

Anyway, great post, but you could have titled the thread better--as it is, it sounds like the title is giving your honest opinion of the company, when the actual OP is a strong defense in giving them the benefit of the doubt, instead of being a ***** jerk.

If I were you, I would have put quote marks around the thread title, to show you're quoting someone else. Otherwise leave the title the same.

Darn great points, though, Mecca. Thank you.

EDIT: Apparently this website censors the word that rhymes with "later" and starts with H. Weird.

Last edited by Trackball; 08-30-2016 at 05:41 PM.
Old 08-30-2016, 05:36 PM   #10
Banned

OVR: 0

Blows my mind that people need a post iike this to actually realize how things work.
Old 08-30-2016, 05:42 PM   #11
Books Nelson Simnation

Bornindamecca's Arena

OVR: 43

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trackball

Anyway, great post, but you could have titled the thread better--as it is, it sounds like the title is giving your honest opinion of the company, when the actual OP is a strong defense in giving them the benefit of the doubt, instead of being a ***** jerk.
Put another way....See What I Did There?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-30-2016, 05:49 PM   #12
Bamma

ProfessaPackMan's Arena

OVR: 36

Um excuse me, I paid my hard earned money for this game so I have a right to have unrealistic expectations for it, so who the hell are you to tell me otherwise?

You OS Elitist.

Spoiler
Old 08-30-2016, 05:51 PM   #13
Pro

Hope this thread can end all the other new threads about no info, bad marketing and lack of blah blah blah. We should just have threads of things we want improved in the game modes, this what OS is for, to give devs input on what we want improved.

OS got too mainstream, now there's more complaint threads and posts like youtube comments.
Old 08-30-2016, 05:51 PM   #14
Pro

Had to read it twice to catch your meaning, but I like the points you put together. I will say the only reason I started buying 2K, and likely plan to continue doing so if the next iteration is good, is because I honestly believe the team behind the game care about the product they are putting out.
Old 08-30-2016, 05:56 PM   #15
The Real Birdman

Mikelopedia's Arena

OVR: 1

Very well said Books.

Unfortunately, I think it's fair to say a large majority of 2k's fanbase cannot separate the devs from the marketing team. (Just read some of the commens on IG or twitter, it's frightening.)
Most don't realize how many completely separate teams work on different aspects of the game, and hell, some still truly believe that Ronnie works on the game, never mind that the art department is entirely different from the gameplay department.

The marketing team's number one priority at the end of the day is to drive sales. This leads to decisions such as inviting a youtuber who's never played 2k. Is it infuriating? Absolutely. Unfortunately for 2k, since the average fan only sees and knows the efforts of Ronnie and LD2k, rather I should say, the result of their efforts, this leads to these crazy blanket statements about the entire 2k team.

Obviously if everyone took the time to watch your podcast, more 2k players would hopefully begin to understand this. However in this day and age, this isnt a problem that's limited to just how people form opinions about 2K.

As iam31yearsold said, it's ridiculous that this even needs to be explained, but regardless, many wouldn't even bother reading this entire post. Much less make the effort to comprehend.

PSN: MiiikeMarsh
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-30-2016, 06:11 PM   #16
Books Nelson Simnation

Bornindamecca's Arena

OVR: 43

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikelopedia

The marketing team's number one priority at the end of the day is to drive sales. This leads to decisions such as inviting a youtuber who's never played 2k. Is it infuriating? Absolutely. Unfortunately for 2k, since the average fan only sees and knows the efforts of Ronnie and LD2k, rather I should say, the result of their efforts, this leads to these crazy blanket statements about the entire 2k team.
Great post overall. The one thing I'd say, and this is for both the community and any 2k folks that might come across this thread--If you want to have a competitive community, you cannot have the "release date marketing" approach of yesteryear. You have to constantly communicate. That's a relationship of openness, patience and trust on both sides. Things are going to develop in unpredictable ways and sometimes the community will have a need, sometimes the company will have a need. If you have a crap relationship with the community, an inflexible communication method, things are going to break down.

In years past, the marketing team could play the short game and use the week one sales to justify all of its errors. Competitive communities and eSports seasons require much more than that.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »