Home

NBA 2K17 Community Day News, Pro-Am & GamePlay Feedback (JFox)

This is a discussion on NBA 2K17 Community Day News, Pro-Am & GamePlay Feedback (JFox) within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-31-2016, 10:49 AM   #49
Pro

Gilley's Arena

OVR: 5
Re: NBA 2K17 Community Day News, Pro-Am & GamePlay Feedback (JFox)

Quote:
Originally Posted by InRodWeTrust
So when are we going to get feedback from the FIFA chick?
I cant wait for commentary like "The players actually touch the ball with their hands!"
I'm going to laugh if she ends up giving the most in-depth review out of the entire group.
Old 08-31-2016, 10:51 AM   #50
MVP

LorenzoDC's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beluba
Just to clarify. For the pro stick aiming it's ALWAYS pull straight down or straight up, not at different angles based on where you are. I actually prototyped a camera-relative version where you need to push the stick toward the hoop for perfect aim and it was boo boo.

Mike be like. . .

Old 08-31-2016, 10:57 AM   #51
New Ork Giants

Goffs's Arena

OVR: 30

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gilley
I'm going to laugh if she ends up giving the most in-depth review out of the entire group.
That's what I'm bankin on and I don't want to give the other tubers a view.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-31-2016, 10:58 AM   #52
Gameplay Director, NBA2k

OVR: 30

Quote:
Originally Posted by The 24th Letter
Thanks for clarifying Mike!

Do you plan on doing a deep dive on the new meter?
I explain it in my blog which should be hitting next week. But here's the gist:
  • You fill the meter all the way up this year instead of stopping half way for perfect timing
  • When you shoot a perimeter J with the Pro Stick, there will be a small white vertical notch and an arrow underneath the meter when you release a shot. This is the aim feedback. The white notch is perfect aim and the arrow shows if you're left, right, or on target. The arrow will turn green if you have perfect aim. Only shots outside of the paint need to be aimed. You can also turn on shot feedback and we print out the exact amount you're off in degrees.
  • The meter will grow or shrink depending on the shooter's range. Think of it like the old cell phone bars.
  • There's a thin circle surrounding the entire player indicator on offense. The color of the ring represents the shooter's hot and cold spots. Red for hot, blue for cold.
  • And Jfox is right, green releases will no longer miss.

Last edited by Beluba; 08-31-2016 at 11:00 AM.
Old 08-31-2016, 11:00 AM   #53
ERA

The 24th Letter's Arena

OVR: 38

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gilley
I hope she does to be honest.

Let that woman cook...
Old 08-31-2016, 11:01 AM   #54
MVP

JasonWilliams55's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beluba
I explain it in my blog which should be hitting next week. But here's the gist:
  • You fill the meter all the way up this year instead of stopping half way for perfect timing
  • When you shoot a perimeter J with the Pro Stick, there will be a small white vertical notch and an arrow underneath the meter when you release a shot. This is the aim feedback. The white notch is perfect aim and the arrow shows if you're left, right, or on target. The arrow will turn green if you have perfect aim. Only shots outside of the paint need to be aimed. You can also turn on shot feedback and we print out the exact amount you're off in degrees.
  • The meter will grow or shrink depending on the shooter's range. Think of it like the old cell phone bars.
  • There's a thin circle surrounding the entire player indicator on offense. The color of the ring represents the shooter's hot and cold spots. Red for hot, blue for cold.
  • And Jfox is right, green releases will no longer miss.
Thanks Mike for the quick reply and a small tidbit.

---------------------------------------------------------

Not towards Mike, but for the community.

I'm not sure on how I feel about green releases not missing. I get that more than likely all of the factors (where on court, hot/cold spots, ratings, defenders, etc) are taken into consideration to determine shot outcome, but not missing green releases... I'll need some time to sit with it and of course play the game.

Last edited by JasonWilliams55; 08-31-2016 at 11:07 AM.
Old 08-31-2016, 11:02 AM   #55
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by lazyswimmer7
Exhibit A as to why the wonderful game that everyone bought in September is going to be a patched into a pile of **** in a couple months.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Yeah man i totally agree (incoming rant alert lol). In my opinion casual players (nothing against them) Aren't allowing 2K to advance in the ways it need's to. Maybe complicated is a good thing. I've been working on my game in real life for 15 years plus (playing my whole life basically). Basketball is a pretty complex sport. 2K is suppose to be a sim. This is a well needed change and was only a matter of time before a change like this happened.

Stephen curry shoots 40 percent with a defender 2-4 feet, 28% with a defender 0-2 feet, 50% with a defender 4-6 feet, and 46% with a defender 6 feet and out. In order for 2K to replicate that kind of shooting. They have to set a skill gap so that just anyone can't benefit for a player that shoots that well without having to be skilled enough to use him effectively.
stats pulled from http://stats.nba.com/player/#!/20193...ST_RANGE&dir=1

Button mapped shooting just isn't going to cut it. it's just way too simplified. When they have to map shooting to a single button, control get's diminished for sake of balancing percentages. I've never been able to go nuts with klay Thompson for 37 points in one quarter the way he did against Sacramento. And the reason is now become very obvious with the reveal of the new shooting controls for 2k17.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-31-2016, 11:06 AM   #56
Banned

lazyswimmer7's Arena

NBA 2K17 Community Day News, Pro-Am & GamePlay Feedback (JFox)

Hop jumper or creating shots off the dribble with the stick should be interesting since you would have to pull perfectly down while moving parallel to the rim and release at the end of the animation. I like all the added difficulty. Looks like I'll be in freestyle a lot again this year, but it may be worth something as opposed to last year.
But I will say watching someone fly by when Dirk does an up and under after faking a shimmy was pretty enjoyable.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited by lazyswimmer7; 08-31-2016 at 11:13 AM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »