Home

NBA 2K17 Community Day News, Pro-Am & GamePlay Feedback (JFox)

This is a discussion on NBA 2K17 Community Day News, Pro-Am & GamePlay Feedback (JFox) within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-31-2016, 12:11 PM   #65
MVP

El_Poopador's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: NBA 2K17 Community Day News, Pro-Am & GamePlay Feedback (JFox)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beluba
Just to clarify. For the pro stick aiming it's ALWAYS pull straight down or straight up, not at different angles based on where you are. I actually prototyped a camera-relative version where you need to push the stick toward the hoop for perfect aim and it was boo boo.
I'm a little disappointed in that. I was hoping that you actually had to aim relative to where you were on the court. Just aiming straight up and down sounds like what EA did with NBA Elite 11.

I do like that all green releases will go in again, as long as getting a green release isn't 100% under the user's control. But taking a shot and just knowing it's going in as soon as you let it go is one of the best feelings in real basketball, so having that in the game should be awesome.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-31-2016, 12:23 PM   #66
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hustle Westbrook
So green releases are 100 percent makes? Ugh...
If they are hard to get I don't see what the problem is.
Old 08-31-2016, 12:49 PM   #67
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dione2014
Yeah man i totally agree (incoming rant alert lol). In my opinion casual players (nothing against them) Aren't allowing 2K to advance in the ways it need's to. Maybe complicated is a good thing. I've been working on my game in real life for 15 years plus (playing my whole life basically). Basketball is a pretty complex sport. 2K is suppose to be a sim. This is a well needed change and was only a matter of time before a change like this happened..
I am sorry, but I respectfully disagree with those kind of statements. Perhaps I'm in the minority here, but hear me out. Basketball is a complex sport because it requires from the player to always make the correct decision among a myriad of possibilities. To know when to cut to the basket, for example, or to know when to rotate on defence, to know when to pass and when to shoot, to know when to run on the fast break and when to take time off the clock, to know when to foul etc. That's what makes basketball a complex sport, not the complexity of the individual movements that a player needs to perform.

The same logic applies to 2K basketball. I'd rather play with a "casual" as you called them, who knows all the above and shoots with the button, than a master of the stick who spends all his time practicing his skills, but lacks the basketball iq required, because he wants to break ankles all the time. I honestly fail to see how having a mechanical muscle memory of how to move the stick (because this is what it is) makes one a better player. Just my two cents.
Old 08-31-2016, 12:59 PM   #68
All Star

ksuttonjr76's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hustle Westbrook
So green releases are 100 percent makes? Ugh...
To be fair, I don't have a problem with that this year given how many other factors are going into the shot itself. If I release AND aim the shot perfectly to get a green release, then the shot the should go in.

Now, if the general customer base is able to "master" it very easily (i.e. it's not as hard as we originally thought), then I could see Belbua still making the necessary adjustments.
Old 08-31-2016, 01:04 PM   #69
Gameplay Director, NBA2k

OVR: 30

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vni
Hey Mike, can you still turn off all theses visual informations once you got the hang of it ? Can you still play well without them ?
The shot meter with timing and aim feedback are on by default but you can set it to:
- Feedback Only = show timing and aim after the shot is released
- Freethrows Only = only show the meter fill and aim arrow during FTs
- Off = Show nothing

And yes, if you know your players' releases well you can play just fine with everything off.
Old 08-31-2016, 01:08 PM   #70
MVP

Jrocc23's Arena

OVR: 6

I am not feeling giving people that shoot w/ the stick a boost or trying to push people in that direction. I just can't see myself ever shooting w/ the analog. Tried in the past but feels to weird and unnatural for me especially on broadcast. Only can use the stick for stuff like layups. I am hoping that gets scrapped and go back to normal ASAP. Can't wait to see what people think about it when they get their hands on it.

I am also not liking that greens are 100%. I mean they should be high percentage but people shouldn't just know a shot is going in before it actually goes in. Just so fake to me when people yell out green that's good before the ball even gets to the rim. At least in 2K16 you could say that but it might be off.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

NBA 2K11
XtremeXplicit Crew
Ranked

Check us out: http://www.youtube.com/jroccdagameboy
Old 08-31-2016, 01:08 PM   #71
Rookie

Free throws only, I buy 2 copies just for gratitude !
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-31-2016, 01:08 PM   #72
Vni
Hall Of Fame

Vni's Arena

OVR: 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beluba
The shot meter with timing and aim feedback are on by default but you can set it to:
- Feedback Only = show timing and aim after the shot is released
- Freethrows Only = only show the meter fill and aim arrow during FTs
- Off = Show nothing

And yes, if you know your players' releases well you can play just fine with everything off.
Perfect, thanks for stopping by.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »