Home

NBA 2K17 C-A-P still has the same hairstyles - video

This is a discussion on NBA 2K17 C-A-P still has the same hairstyles - video within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-01-2016, 06:22 PM   #41
Pro

OVR: 0
Re: NBA 2K17 C-A-P still has the same hairstyles - video

Quote:
Originally Posted by monegames
you know the gameplay guys aren't the same ones that do hairstyles. hairstyles are just models with textures. gameplay programmers aren't doing that. looks like the modelers focused on the 300 shoes this year, but its not a dress up game .
It's easy to assume that's the case but we don't know how things precisely work - If they could easily add those things I bet they would - there has to be an educated reason not just "2k hates us always ignoring what we ask for". When it's added it will be added - if it's not there has to be a reason. Resources - priorities - time restrictions - different build - etc etc. I'm sure is not as simple as 2k hates us. That's my opinion though feel free to have yours - I just feel like many here act as if 2k desired to not address every issue. If it would be that easy I'm sure we would have the goat game by now. Let's be more open minded before we bash 2k.

Sent from my SKY 5.0W using Tapatalk

Last edited by Leasim96; 09-01-2016 at 06:27 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-01-2016, 06:26 PM   #42
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leasim96
It's easy to assume that's the case but we don't know how things precisely work - If they could easily add those things I bet they would - there has to be an educated reason not just "2k hates us always ignoring what we ask for". When it's added it will be added - if it's not there has to be a reason. Resources - priorities - time restrictions - different build - etc etc. I'm sure is not as simple as 2k hates us.

I wasn't saying that they didn't have reasons to not add hairstyles to the game. its just that adding those wouldn't take away resources from gameplay. gameplay designers and programmers aren't doing the modeling work for hairstyles and cosmetic things. they are different jobs.
Old 09-01-2016, 06:33 PM   #43
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by monegames
I wasn't saying that they didn't have reasons to not add hairstyles to the game. its just that adding those wouldn't take away resources from gameplay. gameplay designers and programmers aren't doing the modeling work for hairstyles and cosmetic things. they are different jobs.
Restrictions still exist - every department is essentially the same when it comes to a company. In the sense that sure they could likely add all this amazing stuff. But the company goals - vision - priorities. That's what ultimately determines the outcome. Every year we receive improvements in certain departments not all of them. There is a reason for that - few games that release every year have multiple improvements to multiple departments. The best games take years to make - not one. That much is obvious. I just think we should be more realistic and understanding - especially towards things we don't entirety understand aka how 2k development works - restrictions - priorities - budget - etc. Ultimately I believe there is a reason behind everything so I'm willing to be patient with them in this department especially considering all of the improvements that have been mentioned. Ronnie's tweet may be a bit ignorant - but I think it pretty much reflected the current priorities of the company. Aka their priorities didn't include better customization this year.

Last edited by Leasim96; 09-01-2016 at 06:39 PM.
Old 09-01-2016, 06:40 PM   #44
Banned

WISports's Arena

I wouldn't have a problem with them keeping the same CAP every year....if it didn't suck so dang bad.

Not just hair styles, but every feature on the face. It's beyond terrible. It's worse than many CAPs in games on LAST gen consoles.

They should be embarrassed.
Old 09-01-2016, 08:02 PM   #45
Pro

You know I just had a thought! I might go PC this year because of the mods. I know how to use photoshop pretty well and seen a tutorial on how to mod the face and hair.

So this just might be my go to for creating a player! Saw a early My Career video and the animations for the created player looked improved.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-01-2016, 08:27 PM   #46
Rookie

myathebee's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by jada855
You know I just had a thought! I might go PC this year because of the mods. I know how to use photoshop pretty well and seen a tutorial on how to mod the face and hair.

So this just might be my go to for creating a player! Saw a early My Career video and the animations for the created player looked improved.
I am on PC and the mods are fantastic..Sadly the guy who created the main modding tool got picked by 2k. Hopefully someone comes in and continue his work.
Old 09-01-2016, 08:46 PM   #47
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by myathebee
I am on PC and the mods are fantastic..Sadly the guy who created the main modding tool got picked by 2k. Hopefully someone comes in and continue his work.
Say what! That's awesome to hear! Was he a active member of these forums? I know the modding tool takes some time to come out after the game!

But yikes the hair style,body type and the way the created player models look definitely take a hit compared to the actual NBA models.
Old 09-01-2016, 10:09 PM   #48
Rookie

I hope this is not true....the create a player / Myplayer features were seriously lacking in the past few years...

Need something more like Sims or some RPGs have....

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »