Home

2k17 Gameplay Blog is here!

This is a discussion on 2k17 Gameplay Blog is here! within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 09-01-2016, 10:26 AM   #73
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: 2k17 Gameplay Blog is here!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kolkmania
It's not like you're getting 9/10 times a green light when you master the release. Pointing the right stick in the right direction gives you an extra x percentage of the ball going in the basket.

I don't know what videos you saw, but the ones that I saw are not a good presentation of the game. Running around and chucking shots from the logo with Curry makes every game look unrealistic.

Personally I'm excited, as NBA2K players we are so spoiled with this development crew. They could lean back and give us a slightly tweaked 2K16 and the game would still sell (FIFA for example does this every year), but they're really improving this game.
But curry does that in REAL life. This is a skill exclusive to Curry.
Old 09-01-2016, 10:27 AM   #74
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by rhein77
I am a little nervous as well but I am looking forward to learning this. I think this will have a positive impact on other areas of the game such as pass targeting and dribbling. I see this helping me to have more precise inputs on other areas of the game.

I am in the same boat as you. I only play broadcast and I have trouble doing the stepbacks etc because of the directional input.
Set your right stick controls to "absolute", problem solved. If you're lucky there'll even be a separate setting for RS jump shots.
I'm also a broadcast cam player and I made the switch to absolute RS settings last year. It takes a little time to get used to it but once you got the hang of it, it feels much more natural.
Old 09-01-2016, 10:30 AM   #75
72-10

MarkWilliam's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hustle Westbrook
Shot aiming only means you have to point the stick up or down at exactly 90 degrees so it shouldn't make a difference what camera angle you're playing on.
I like up being the trigger for bank shots aswell. If bank shots bounce around the rim (on closer attempts) it will really add to the immersion for me.

But again, the option to bank is nice.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-01-2016, 10:31 AM   #76
MVP

stillfeelme's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barnsey
With all of these new animations in the paint, i wonder if we are going to be able to tell the difference between an elite rebounder vs a good rebounder vs an average rebounder

• I think you will tell the difference. The bruisers are going to be ones that will not need to jump high and probably box out better.
  • The slow footed and low vertical ones are only going to get rebounds that come directly to them.
  • The tip out guys are more likely to be the hustle guys max energy. They are probably going to be not likely to fatigue as fast doing the jumping.
  • The guards and wings will not be in the paint that often and get most of the longer rebounds with just high vertical. They are not going to be winning battles with the bigs. The are more likely to drain more energy battling with other bigs
The fatigue system is going to impact the rebounding as well and I think especially separating the hustle guys from the non hustle guys
Old 09-01-2016, 10:42 AM   #77
MVP

That Gameplay Blog had me dancing like this.

Attached Images
File Type: gif 4BBsXLr.gif (538.8 KB, 120 views)
Old 09-01-2016, 10:44 AM   #78
MVP

SolidSquid's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bealdor
Set your right stick controls to "absolute", problem solved. If you're lucky there'll even be a separate setting for RS jump shots.
I'm also a broadcast cam player and I made the switch to absolute RS settings last year. It takes a little time to get used to it but once you got the hang of it, it feels much more natural.
Absolute is where everything is the same no matter what way you're going right? I don't like that it feels unnatural. I'll just have to adjust once I actually get the game
Old 09-01-2016, 10:44 AM   #79
MVP

I wonder are tap out rebounds user controlled.
Old 09-01-2016, 10:45 AM   #80
Pro

NoLeafClover's Arena

Pump fake auto-fouls in the paint are gone. If you “do nothing” on the sticks as a defender, you won’t incur a shooting foul.

https://s3media.247sports.com/Upload...65/1165359.jpg

Sent from my SM-T810 using Tapatalk
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »