Home

2k17 Gameplay Blog is here!

This is a discussion on 2k17 Gameplay Blog is here! within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 09-01-2016, 09:56 AM   #49
Formerly known as Barnsey

Barncore's Arena

OVR: 1
Re: 2k17 Gameplay Blog is here!

With all of these new animations in the paint, i wonder if we are going to be able to tell the difference between an elite rebounder vs a good rebounder vs an average rebounder
Old 09-01-2016, 09:58 AM   #50
MVP

LorenzoDC's Arena

OVR: 3

I'm so greedy.

Now I want Czar's offense blog, OG's defense blog and a MyLeague/MyGM blog.

Last edited by LorenzoDC; 09-01-2016 at 10:00 AM.
Old 09-01-2016, 09:58 AM   #51
Speak it into existence

jeremym480's Arena

OVR: 39

Lot's of great stuff in that blog, but this is one of my favorites:

Spoiler

I really like most of the other things I read, as well. I can't wait to see two competent users play a full game with the broadcast cam so I can see some of these improvements for myself.

Alabama Crimson Tide
Green Bay Packers
Boston Celtics

New Orleans Pelicans
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-01-2016, 09:59 AM   #52
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
o You can perform alley-oops to players who are much further away from the rim and they’ll catch it and put up a shot (great for sideline inbound buzzerbeaters.) Also, you can alley-oop pass out of jump shots, layups and even other alley-oops. I’m expecting to see some hot Plays of the Week from you Park guys this year.

o During a Give & Go, you can call for an alley-oop by pressing the Shot Button while holding the Pass Button

o New Overhead Skip Pass mechanic lets you quickly target farther away teammates when multiple are in a line
Old 09-01-2016, 09:59 AM   #53
Pro

Rip4ever's Arena

Quote:
Whether you’re looking for a game for your 8 year old to be able to just run around, shoot 3’s and dunk using 2 buttons
Well that is one thing I can verify after watching that 50 min video in the other thread.

Old 09-01-2016, 09:59 AM   #54
Rookie

The Hall of Fame badge is really cool too. Now, when a player performs well within his specialty (a Playmaker gets a lot of assists, a Post Scorer hits a few post fades, Glass Cleaner pulls down some boards, etc.) he gets “Grand Badge Hot.” That means that they unlock even stronger special abilities within their archetypes, as a red icon appears in the player indicator. I often play as a Sharpshooter and there’s no better feeling than getting a few open 3’s to drop, getting hot, and then being able to rattle off several more makes just like one of the Splash Brothers.

– A new user-controlled emote system allows you to customize your on-court celebrations and trigger them after big plays.

– The new Jump Shot Creator allows you to create an infinite variation of jump shot styles to ensure that your MyPLAYER’s jumper looks and feels exactly the way you want. The tool allows you to pick multiple release animations and a base and lets you control how those animations blend together. So it’s like the composited custom jump shots we had in the game a couple years ago but MUCH more customizable.

Old 09-01-2016, 10:00 AM   #55
Bamma

ProfessaPackMan's Arena

OVR: 36

I could care less about video since most of the things mentioned in the blog are things we need to see/feel for ourselves anyway.
Old 09-01-2016, 10:08 AM   #56
Pro

Rip4ever's Arena

Now this sounds better than I expected. If done well I think this is really cool.

Quote:
Also, if you’re relatively new to the series or even if you’re a 2K vet who wants to know everything there is to know about gameplay, make sure you check out 2KU. It’s been completely revamped with a comprehensive 2KU Tips Glossary showing all of the moves in the game with videos explaining how everything works and a brand new 2KU Game. The 2KU Game is awesome! You play an intra-squad scrimmage game with Team USA and tips get pushed to you through overlays/videos walking you through the ins and outs of 2K basketball. It even analyzes how you’re playing and pushes appropriate content to you based on your performance and what features you’re currently (or currently not) using. Coach K also chimes in with tons of basketball strategy level tips to help you understand the game from that perspective as well. So it’s a great way to both learn how to play 2K as well as to expand your understanding of the game of basketball.
I always wonder if there are things I could do better stick wise. Not to mention it would be nice for something that helps introduce all those people that didn't grow up in Indiana how to play basketball properly.

Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »