Home

2k17 Gameplay Blog is here!

This is a discussion on 2k17 Gameplay Blog is here! within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 09-01-2016, 10:21 AM   #65
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: 2k17 Gameplay Blog is here!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ziolepr8
Hi everyone, new user here.
I've missed the last two iterations of the game as I was tired of the usual issues with a game that seemed to get worse very year instead of getting better (ie: sluggish controls, overpowered superstar animations, CPU doing all the dirty stuff for unskilled users online and so on...) so I was kinda intrigued by recent leaks about the game.
The iso system seems improved, which is good.

I was extatic about the idea of a boost for players using pro-stick, but now I don't get it: if green light means a sure basket (which is not bad in theory, as it awards skilled player) what's the point of using the stick once you master the release with the buttons? What kind of boost could you possibily have?

I don't buy into the fatigue system as well, I've heard the same stuff for a decade, ony to see everything f***d up in no-time just to please crying kids and cheesers.

I've seen few videos, and still seems to me as if the game doesn't look real, but just forces the plays to follow real ratings and stats, if you know what I mean...

that said, if they managed to make superstars effectivness more related to the skills of the gamer instead of the ratings and precanned unstoppable animations, I could jump on the wagon again...
It's not like you're getting 9/10 times a green light when you master the release. Pointing the right stick in the right direction gives you an extra x percentage of the ball going in the basket.

I don't know what videos you saw, but the ones that I saw are not a good presentation of the game. Running around and chucking shots from the logo with Curry makes every game look unrealistic.

Personally I'm excited, as NBA2K players we are so spoiled with this development crew. They could lean back and give us a slightly tweaked 2K16 and the game would still sell (FIFA for example does this every year), but they're really improving this game.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-01-2016, 10:21 AM   #66
MVP

CaseIH's Arena

OVR: 9

Lots of great things here in this blog by Mike Wang. The big thing for me is seeing the boost that the AI gets, and being able to adjust the sliders accordingly. Also the higher difficulties being boosted in their intelligence, hopefully this means no unrealistic boost to the CPU, in areas that they really shouldnt have a boost in, like for instance speed.

I know the news didnt come as quickly as most were hoping from the marketing department, but it looks like they have made a attempt to add a lot of improvements for the betterment of the gameplay. Excited for the game to come out.

Favorite teams:
MLB- Reds/ and whoever is playing the Cubs
NBA- Pacers
NFL- Dolphins & Colts
Old 09-01-2016, 10:22 AM   #67
Pro

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by SolidSquid
Is anyone who plays on broadcast cam kinda nervous about the new shot aiming? Could take a while to adjust to but there's no way I'm playing on any other camera angle.
I am a little nervous as well but I am looking forward to learning this. I think this will have a positive impact on other areas of the game such as pass targeting and dribbling. I see this helping me to have more precise inputs on other areas of the game.

I am in the same boat as you. I only play broadcast and I have trouble doing the stepbacks etc because of the directional input.
Old 09-01-2016, 10:24 AM   #68
Formerly known as Barnsey

Barncore's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
On the defensive side, one more thing I want to call out is the ability to switch matchups on the fly.
Good to see 2K evolving along with the trends of modern day NBA (which is becoming almost entirely switch-heavy)
Old 09-01-2016, 10:24 AM   #69
Rookie

This sounds amazing!! and i love that they have a new injury system

Can anyone or any devs speak on if we will actually see in game injuries this year in MyGm/My League...Last yaer the added alot to the injury system aswell and there was no in game injuries, i hope this is executed well brings a good level of strategy and realism into the game!
Old 09-01-2016, 10:25 AM   #70
MVP

Hustle Westbrook's Arena

Shot aiming only means you have to point the stick up or down at exactly 90 degrees so it shouldn't make a difference what camera angle you're playing on.
Old 09-01-2016, 10:25 AM   #71
Rookie

This is a lot of good info. Hope it all works as they planned
'Hard work beats talent when talent doesn't work hard" - Kevin Durant.......................... Los Angeles Clippers: San Francisco 49ers: New York Yankees: New Jersey Devils: New Jersey Nets (until they moved to Brooklyn): Temple University:
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-01-2016, 10:25 AM   #72
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by kolkmania
It's not like you're getting 9/10 times a green light when you master the release. Pointing the right stick in the right direction gives you an extra x percentage of the ball going in the basket.

this is what I was hoping to read. Thanks!
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »