Home

NBA 2K17 Gameplay Blog with Gameplay Director, Mike Wang

This is a discussion on NBA 2K17 Gameplay Blog with Gameplay Director, Mike Wang within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-22-2016, 08:58 PM   #577
MVP

OVR: 0
Re: NBA 2K17 Gameplay Blog with Gameplay Director, Mike Wang

Beluba: hopefully you're still monitoring this thread occasionally. Two issues that I think are in your bailiwick of responsibilities:

1. Moving Screens:

It seems that this dynamic got introduced this year and I think it's a nice nod to this being common in the NBA, and often not penalized. But a lot of people are experienced really drastic and blatant moving screens. As in having a guard get pushed from the top of the arc from a High P'n'R all the way to the lower free throw circle, well into the paint. A distance of 10-12' or so. This can happen in the NBA and can sometimes not be whistled, but it happens a little too regularly in the game and there appears to be no fouls ever called for moving screens at all.

It looks like there's an issue with smaller players getting "hung up" on moving bigs who had been screening. Hopefully this is fixed or, if a purposeful dynamic in the game, subject to foul calls.

2. Offensive 3-Second Violations:

I could swear that I am getting 3-second violations at times when my player is clearly heading out, and just about to exit the restricted area. And also as he is initiating a passing or shooting motion. In all these situations, I think an NBA referee delays making a call and does not make one if the player completes the pass/shot/exit.

And, of course, we all know that refs often don't call fairly egregious examples of camping in the paint.

Haven't cared so much to use a stopwatch to tell, so don't know if you guys have programmed in some random variability to the time interval before a 3-second violation is called. But it seems to me that there needs to be some kind of buffer so that there is a more realistic lack of calls when an offensive player starts to shoot or starts to pass just as the 3 seconds elapses.
Old 09-26-2016, 07:01 AM   #578
Pro

joosegoose's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: NBA 2K17 Gameplay Blog with Gameplay Director, Mike Wang

Quote:
Originally Posted by BezO
With all shots requiring timing (less dunks), any word on %shooting making a return?

I hope so. My friends and I play with most of the teams in the league at some point. I/we don't have time to perfect everyone's jumper. And timing seemed to play a part in shot success even with %shooting.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beluba
Real FG% is still an option. Yes.
As an offline Real Player % guy I remember hearing about the new layup timing and feeling worried until I read this. I guess I kind of assumed that the feature would be in the game and working as it always had, not requiring you to time your layups anyways.

Looking back on it, I guess it gives me hope that maybe the feature simply isn't working as intended, and layup timing was merely an oversight with this year's implementation of Real Player %.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »