Home

Why do people say the 2K camera makes the game look bad?

This is a discussion on Why do people say the 2K camera makes the game look bad? within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-03-2016, 10:40 AM   #49
Rookie

OVR: 6
Re: Why do people say the 2K camera makes the game look bad?

I mean to some extent it's just whatever people are used to. I try out broadcast cam a little every year but I just end up getting frustrated with not being able to see down the court in transition and switch back to 2k.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk
Old 09-03-2016, 11:17 AM   #50
All Star

TarHeelPhenom's Arena

OVR: 10

I personally dont like 2k cam; but there are benefits playing on that cam. Its easier on the sticks as far as dribbling and passing. I personally think the dribbling mechanics were made to play with that cam. Its also easier to run pick n roll with 2k cam. With that being said, i prefer Nosebleeds cam.
Old 09-03-2016, 11:30 AM   #51
Pro

OVR: 0

I hate the 2K cam. And I hate that I'm forced to use it because if I don't it'll be used against me.

If the AI weren't so utterly incompetent in transition D I could play broadcast like I wanted but apparently we can't have nice things.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-05-2016, 02:43 PM   #52
MVP

Insight23's Arena

OVR: 1

Ahhh, I hate that I've come across this thread haha. I'm a full time Broadcast Cam player that only uses 2k Cam in MyCareer. A couple days ago I decided to use 2k Cam in the standard exhibition games. My defense has suffered some & I don't like how it looks visually but my offense is very very good. My offense opened up much more. So now I'm stuck trying to decide which way to go. I'm thinking I'll just use 2k Cam in Play Now mode & in my Online Leagues. I really like the feel that I'm watching a game when I'm playing MyLeague/MyGM.
Old 09-05-2016, 06:45 PM   #53
MVP

SolidSquid's Arena

I play on broadcast cam exclusively. 2k cam makes me sick and just feels unauthentic.
Old 09-05-2016, 06:50 PM   #54
MVP

SolidSquid's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by downsouth
Ever play basketball and look at yourself from side while you play or do you see whats in front of you? I mean are you watching a game or are you playing a game? Maybe not so ridiculous.
I mean even when I'm playing I don't see the back of my whole body in a 3rd person view. If that's the case you should be asking 2k for a first person mode.
Old 09-05-2016, 07:51 PM   #55
Pro

wallofhate's Arena

OVR: 8

2k cam is like putting mayo on French fries ppl either love it or hate it. For the life of me I can't play like that at all. The weird thing I've noticed though the animations and overall graphics look better in 2k cam oddly enough. Not a huge difference but def noticeable.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-05-2016, 08:31 PM   #56
MVP

Jrocc23's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by adwin7
2k cam doesn't look like a broadcast nor does it represent how basket ball look in real life. It encourages people to stand at the top and spam dribble moves as well as the camera turn breaks immersion.

Ever seen a real game shot from behind. Probably not, because it looks kind of ridiculous.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

I agree w/ you. I haven't read to the thread but I am sure someone said its about how someone looks at the game.

Me? I look at the game as if I am watching it like a real broadcast on TV. Some people like to look at it like they are actually on the court. And some do it just to be able to spam crossovers easier and take advantage of the spacing it seems 2K cam provides.

So it's all a personal preference. Can't really knock anyone because I used to play on 2K cam basically back when NBA Live was hot.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

NBA 2K11
XtremeXplicit Crew
Ranked

Check us out: http://www.youtube.com/jroccdagameboy

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »