Home

Any news on NBA historic teams?

This is a discussion on Any news on NBA historic teams? within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-06-2016, 05:35 PM   #89
All Star

OVR: 49
Re: Any news on NBA historic teams?

if there is no lockout in the next few yrs i can see them phasing out the classic teams. Many of there deals with be expiring soon. Mainly Jordan , so maybe it will just end there.

I think there best bet would be to go with another Legends showcase type dlc . Or DLC bundle of specific players like Barkley & Miller and there classic teams. My not be what we want to hear , but might be the only way we get these type of players and there teams.

Hell i have been told that they have to pay for lic agreements for the use of Chicago stadium and the la forum, ala no old Boston garden or summit and spectrum. I attack them hard for half ***-ing the other retro arenas back when 2k12 came out.

i would pay alittle to get alot of these missing teams / players / arenas.
Old 09-06-2016, 06:59 PM   #90
MVP

daveberg's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kstat
And yet here you are buying a game that funds the same players you think are overpaid...

This is getting uncomfortably judgemental on your part. We get it. You think the decisions of NBA players should revolve around what you want. You should let it go now.
So it's not ok to have an opinion?

Wow.

I'm done.
Old 09-06-2016, 09:27 PM   #91
*S *dd*ct

NINJAK2's Arena

OVR: 28

I am surprised 2k has even done historic teams for this long. I understood how difficult it would be to constantly negotiate with each individual player on these teams in order to build a roster and get them into the game. It can probably get very expensive,time consuming, and become a big headache as well. You also see the loss in details/quality when it comes to player faces for some of these legends when compared to the current players. I understand they can't just scan legends today and make them look like they did 20+ years ago. It's still tough seeing what the PC community does with faces and wondering why 2k can't do the same for the legends..2k is known for the little details and the legends are often a reminder that no one can be perfect at everything. With all the stuff 2k tries to cram into their product every year they are probably stretched real thin and don't have the manpower to focus on the legends..Shaq, Iverson, and Vince Carter legends last year were just a few prime example of this. I am thankful that 2k has put the effort into legends this long, but if they can't produce the kind of accuracy in legend uniforms, player models, etc as they do with the current players I would rather they stop all together..
EA and 2k have the unfortunate task of trying to balance on a tightrope of fun and sim while trying not to fall 10,000 feet to their death. Instead of a safety net waiting down below there will just be angry customers quick to move out of the way and talk of their failure.

Last edited by NINJAK2; 09-06-2016 at 09:35 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-07-2016, 01:59 AM   #92
All Star

ksuttonjr76's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by daveberg
Yeah, I guess these millionaires all need more coin, right?

All these athletes are grossly overpaid anyhow, guess milking 2k for a little more won't hurt.
Well, they didn't become millionaires by selling themselves cheap.
Old 09-07-2016, 02:34 AM   #93
Rookie

Jordanmike6's Arena

I would rather the same thing and i could say stop to the next gen if i want to buy it.
The second solution is to tell to 2k we don't buy your game. One two three person, one thousand, tow thousand people maybe one million people who don't buy the game and trust me 2k will done the necessary to make the good face.
They want to play? Ok lets go

For my part everybody is impressed by the new sound arena and all the news of 2k17, for my part i smile because it is just ridiculous and business! Even the trailer is B...**** the plane arrive in San antonio and you see the New York arena!!!
The business is not beginning that they don't make business with legend
Court size still small, team usa without other fiba teams, any Fiba tournemant, any kobe mode (all star game 2003), any improvment for legend, but but but the ball sound is perfect in each arena whoua !!! Extraordinary!!! Do you know what i think of the sound ball man???

Do they know the time i spent to create the heat 97, or the celtics 95, or the Magic 95, on 2k11?
The time i spent to come on this f. Ing forum to speak about art department to get blue ggoogles for Grant???
And the time that take every peiple on their f ing PC??

Last edited by Jordanmike6; 09-07-2016 at 03:59 AM.
Old 09-07-2016, 03:52 AM   #94
Banned

There are NO NEW historic teams in 2K17 this year. Very horrible
Old 09-07-2016, 06:54 AM   #95
MVP

OVR: 3

I love the classic teams! Totally reinvigorated my interest in the game. I'm thankful they're still in the game but I'm honestly surprised they are. I didn't think it would be a regular part of 2k NBA games. I wish they'd do more with them but I also never dreamed I'd get use those old teams again. I mean I played with some of them 20 years ago!! I have my list of improvements but i can't complain too much.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »