Home

Player Archetypes NBA 2k17

This is a discussion on Player Archetypes NBA 2k17 within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-02-2016, 02:20 PM   #41
Pro

Rip4ever's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Player Archetypes NBA 2k17

Quote:
Originally Posted by Choops4Life
I'll be honest with you guys. I worked on this system, we put countless hours into ensuring balance, and I'm really struggling with which guy I'm going to create for 2K17. So many choices. Can't wait to see what people choose. Should make for some really interesting pro-am games as well

Could you verify that it works like last year, in that you start with (x(75?))points open based on your type and then as you work in practice you can open up another (x(25?)) points? Those points can then be added to whatever categories you like?

So say for instance you could select sharpshooter, then as you practice add all the earned points to defense in order to make a 3&D guy?

TIA.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-02-2016, 02:24 PM   #42
NBA 2K Gameplay Producer

Choops4Life's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rip4ever
Could you verify that it works like last year, in that you start with (x(75?))points open based on your type and then as you work in practice you can open up another (x(25?)) points? Those points can then be added to whatever categories you like?

So say for instance you could select sharpshooter, then as you practice add all the earned points to defense in order to make a 3&D guy?

TIA.
This year you're starting with 20 as you can see in some of the screenshots that have been released (i.e. when you're choosing your archetype). Then, you can purchase 80 levels with your VC. After that, you'll earn 25 more in live practice. You can add them to whatever category/tower you want, however, you will be limited by the caps.
Old 09-02-2016, 02:42 PM   #43
Pro

Rip4ever's Arena

Quote:
This year you're starting with 20 as you can see in some of the screenshots that have been released (i.e. when you're choosing your archetype). Then, you can purchase 80 levels with your VC. After that, you'll earn 25 more in live practice. You can add them to whatever category/tower you want, however, you will be limited by the caps.
Ok, so no 3&D guys.

So by my quick count on one type quickly (pg-slasher) I got 142 points for the archetype. So basically just pick 17 you don't want and that is your max guy. Or 2 take it a step farther every maxed out pg-slasher or whatever will be the same minus whatever 17 points they thought wasn't important for their playstyle?

Meh you should be able to purchase all the levels with VC then get some extra to add "beyond" the soft cap.

Silly that being a good defender means you have to shoot like crap. Kind of ironic with PG as the cover athlete.
Old 09-02-2016, 02:44 PM   #44
MVP

OVR: 33

Quote:
Thanks for the interaction here, long time without seen you active ... again THANKS.

So, each archetype has around 150 levels (all categories summed) and you can achieve a max of 125, but you cant exceed the caps of each category, right ? Like if shooting of the dribble has 11 as max, you cant upgrade over that number, humm ... interesting.

If so, now the key elements are two:
1. Is it the same, in relation to attributes a 25 max level of a C than that of a PG (whatever category or achetype one chooses) ?
2. Is it variable between a 2 PGs given that there seem to be other factors (such as height and weight) that affect the caps (whatever category or achetype is chosen) ?

Some propposition for future iterations (a patch maybe ?) ... adding the possibility of a 1 time upgrade where one can go over the cap of 1 category at the expense of downgrading another ... like lets say, I want to trade XX levels of mid range for XX levels of defense (XX are equal for both categories, or, are judged by the importance of one over the other for that archetype, so XX of A is like XX-1 of B) ... or something alike.

This would allow, without breaking the balance of still having positives and negatives for an archetype, to have different versions within the same archetype.

Anyways, hoping to get a hand on the prelude.

Last edited by ffaacc03; 09-02-2016 at 02:53 PM.
Old 09-02-2016, 02:45 PM   #45
PC/PS4 Gamer

Rob. D's Arena

OVR: 14

Looking like Point Forward or Shot Creator for me. I want to create a Lock Down Defender but I have to play the game to see if its worth it to commit to a defensive archetype.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-02-2016, 02:45 PM   #46
MVP

Thetruth9012's Arena

Quote:
I'll be honest with you guys. I worked on this system, we put countless hours into ensuring balance, and I'm really struggling with which guy I'm going to create for 2K17. So many choices. Can't wait to see what people choose. Should make for some really interesting pro-am games as well
Are there any new body types or just one like last year?
Old 09-02-2016, 02:48 PM   #47
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chmielu9123
Are there any new body types or just one like last year?
just one - but at least weight matters this year
Old 09-02-2016, 02:53 PM   #48
NBA 2K Gameplay Producer

Choops4Life's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by ffaacc03
So, each archetype has around 150 levels (all categories summed) and you can achieve a max of 125, but you cant exceed the caps of each category, right ? Like if shooting of the dribble has 11 as max, you cant upgrade over that number, humm ... interesting.

If so, now the key elements are two:
1. Is it the same, in relation to attributes a 25 max level of a C than that of a PG (whatever category or achetype one chooses) ?
2. Is it variable between a 2 PGs given that there seem to be other factors (such as height and weight) that affect the caps (whatever category or achetype is chosen) ?
The 125 will not be your max. There will be more levels available later, I just don't believe we've announced that feature yet.

If you max out a PG in a tower and you max out a C in a tower, that doesn't always mean their attributes will be the same. Your vitals play a huge part in your specific attributes. Taller guys won't shoot off the dribble as well as smaller guys, for example. So if you create 2 PGs with different vitals, their attributes will be different as well.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »