Home

Player Archetypes NBA 2k17

This is a discussion on Player Archetypes NBA 2k17 within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-02-2016, 03:41 PM   #57
Pro

Rip4ever's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Player Archetypes NBA 2k17

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nine.Six.Melo
Being shorter makes your a better ball handler according to the trailer, thats what I meant and adjusting your wingspan compensates for your lack of size giving you more length while also being able to shoot.
I hear you. I was just being anal I guess. I'm a big fan of being short and fast. Just think too many people knee jerk to the tendency to give themselves ape arms. Curry's wingspan is actually rather short. I see it as more of positive attribute for defense than offense.
Old 09-02-2016, 03:56 PM   #58
NBA 2K Gameplay Producer

Choops4Life's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyk_fatboy
i want to make a center again but im torn between glass cleaner, Athletic finisher and stretch big. i like post scorer too.

Can glass cleaners rebound better than the other centers or is it all about getting position. Like if i made a Stretch big could i keep up with a glass cleaner on the boards?

do athletic finishers leap higher than the other centers?

Can post scorers hit the midrange if open enough?

and finally lol, how much of an effect does weight matter. i noticed stretch bigs are weak inside but i also noticed if you make your myplayer heavier/taller you get an increase in standing dunks/ rebounding/ strength and stuff so could i make a stretch big and just make him heavy and tall to get a boost with my inside scoring?

if your not allowed to answer any of this i understand
A stretch big will not keep up with a glass cleaner. Yes, you can still get some boards but there's a pretty large rebounding skill gap between those two archetypes. Add the badges to that and its night and day

Yes, athletic finishers leap higher than other centers other than the rim protector. They're even in terms of vertical.

Post scorers can definitely knock down the open mid-range shot assuming you've put some upgrades into the mid-range category

If you created a stretch big that was heavy, yes, it will help you inside. It'll help you box out, finish in contact and play physical ball in the post. However, it will slow you down
Old 09-02-2016, 03:59 PM   #59
NBA 2K Gameplay Producer

Choops4Life's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rip4ever
Can you? How on earth could I pick lockdown defender which limits me to SEVEN points of three. How can a badge make that effective at threes?

The big problems is twofold. You guys look at defender the same across positions. So an elite defenders inside who blocks shots, that makes total sense. For an elite defending pg, not so much. Now as an elite defending pg I get 17 points to use on rebounding. ?!?! I don't want that crap. Don't even get me started on the 24 in strength. You'd have to be crazy to make an elite defending pg. Heck even pass it Capped at 9, really for a pg?

Of course I guess if he is a 5'11" pg maybe even a couple of points in 3pt will give you a 75 or something but I kind of doubt it. Need to flush out the CAPS with adjustment to what a certain archetype is for that position IMHO.
The passion! Throw all the bronze level shooting badges on a lockdown defending PG and you'll be "effective" but not great. 35% or so if you're taking really good shots. If you have a dimer on your team, even better.
Old 09-02-2016, 03:59 PM   #60
Rookie

ZBoo50's Arena

Choops4Life;

we have no "Interceptor" badge this year?
Old 09-02-2016, 04:00 PM   #61
NBA 2K Gameplay Producer

Choops4Life's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZBoo50
Choops4Life;

we have no "Interceptor" badge this year?
That badge was removed
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-02-2016, 04:05 PM   #62
New Ork Giants

Goffs's Arena

OVR: 30

I must've missed it but can we still unlock badges?
Old 09-02-2016, 04:06 PM   #63
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Choops4Life
That badge was removed
How much slower and worse of a ball handler would a Point Forward be compared to a playmaking SG or PG? and would you mind letting us know if Pro AM has commentary? Thank you in advance.
Old 09-02-2016, 04:10 PM   #64
Rookie

ZBoo50's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Choops4Life
That badge was removed
Is it included in another badge for Lockdown Defender?

It was already hard to intercept to ball last year

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »