Home

Poor CAP system COMPLETELY hinders MyGM and MyLeague (and no one seems to care)

This is a discussion on Poor CAP system COMPLETELY hinders MyGM and MyLeague (and no one seems to care) within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-02-2016, 03:59 PM   #25
All Star

LionsFanNJ's Arena

OVR: 29
Re: Poor CAP system COMPLETELY hinders MyGM and MyLeague (and no one seems to care)

What I dont get is why some of the CAP tools (like tattoo maker) available to MyPlayer ARENT available in the main game. He'll they're adding body types based on the preview thing, but NOPE main game can't do it. I'll never understand that

Sent from my VS880 using Tapatalk
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-02-2016, 04:44 PM   #26
SimWorld Draft Class Guru

CWSapp757's Arena

OVR: 24
Re: Poor CAP system COMPLETELY hinders MyGM and MyLeague (and no one seems to care)

You may think no one cares but for people like me and the rest of the SimWorld crew that create an entire fictional league along with 200+ page scouting reports that continue year after year with each iteration of the game, it matters... a lot.
Old 09-02-2016, 04:49 PM   #27
Rookie

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by CWSapp757
You may think no one cares but for people like me and the rest of the SimWorld crew that create an entire fictional league along with 200+ page scouting reports that continue year after year with each iteration of the game, it matters... a lot.
The legend has spoken!

Old 09-02-2016, 05:09 PM   #28
Pro

OVR: 0

The reason why people as you apparently say "mock others" not sure where I saw mocking actually. It's because some of us understand in a year to year release - there will be restrictions - every year there are improvements and there are also things that are left untouched. There is a reason for that - there is a professional reason for everything not just "2k hates they don't care". The reality is that 2k has their pace - yes they likely have a list of things needing improvement - but they will choose priorities and that's that. We have to wait and there's no way around it. Similar to crew that was gone for years until 2k was able too add it back. So I say we should stop acting like we have the answers when it comes to 2k caring about something - just because they don't see how it's a priority especially in this online Era where offline players are likely few compared to the rest. Doesn't mean they don't care. I am a firm believer that it might take years but eventually this game will be mind-blowing.

Sent from my SKY 5.0W using Tapatalk
Old 09-02-2016, 05:22 PM   #29
SimWorld Draft Class Guru

CWSapp757's Arena

OVR: 24

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sublime8992
The legend has spoken!

Lol you are too kind sir.
#SimWorldSports #SeeTheGameBeTheGame
Old 09-02-2016, 07:26 PM   #30
Banned

Nukleopatra's Arena

OVR: 1

I was laughed at in another thread for claiming 2k has the worst create a player feature I have ever experienced. I stand by it. If any of you ever make it to season 20, enjoy having every player on every team look the same. The white players all look like they just went 12 rounds with prime Mike Tyson.

As for the black characters, I can manage maybe a handful of passable faces.

2k has done fantastic things, and in my opinion, I consider it the best sports franchise going. I love the game. As long as they leave player lock in the game, and the way ratings actually matter (unlike Madden,) I'll continue to enjoy it - but 2k has the worst damn create a player option I have ever experienced. It's awful, and it's starting to become shameful. It needs a COMPLETE overhaul. I have never seen any human being look the way the created players look. I'm baffled how the roster guy can even add real life rookies into the game, using this feature, and not say anything. They look nothing like the actual people.

https://i.ytimg.com/vi/7FGu0Pq7ZCs/maxresdefault.jpg

You see that? That's not a human being.

Last edited by Nukleopatra; 09-02-2016 at 07:36 PM.
Old 09-02-2016, 08:35 PM   #31
DC
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 39

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sublime8992
[*]Bad tendencies. Some of this has been corrected in recent years (I don't think you see people who can't shoot with super high three point tendencies anymore) but there are so many things wrong that using the computer-generated draft classes are not an option for people trying to go 5+ years deep in MyLeague and MyGM. Mass editing this year might help. My ideal fix for this issue is to include templates (or even direct copies) based around existing players for the CAP mode. Example, I open CAP and can select "Jose Calderon" or "Jose Calderon type player" and this would transpose the exact (or similar) ratings and tendencies to that CAP.[*]Still can't edit headbands as far as I know in 2K16. I mean, WTF?[*]Haven't been able to edit shorts length on next-gen. With the return of short shorts, this is unacceptable.
Fire Pro Wrestling (A game that came out in 1996 for the Sega Saturn) allows for this.

This is LONG overdue man
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-02-2016, 09:32 PM   #32
Rookie

OVR: 0

http://www.operationsports.com/forum...cessories.html

United we stand bro...

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »